Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 39 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

He'll also be aware if Eriksen's agent secures the sort of deal he's demanding - all of Spurs players contracts will have to be reviewed upwards and by an awful lot.

He's not silly is Danny.

So cynical lol.

He's clearly learned from the backlash from when he said "we know what we're worth" when being paid a years salary a week to sit in the treatment room.

Now he doesn't mention money, just hints at it.

The funniest bit for me was when he said in his last interview that despite what people may think he doesn't actually like talking to the press. Why keep doing it then Danny?

The only contract I'd consider giving him is pay as you play, and whatever that pay portion would be he would get a lot less than he does now with all his injuries.

Hopefully we will sell him sooner rather than later, until then he really should learn to shut up.

I love Rose as a player, he gives us an edge and when he is on his game is one of the best in that position in the land, but his injuries and his slow recoveries have hampered our progress so much in the last two seasons, especially as Davies appears to me to be going backwards, not progressing in his overall game.

I wonder if Poch will now see what he has to do?

I love Rose as a player, he gives us an edge and when he is on his game is one of the best in that position in the land, but his injuries and his slow recoveries have hampered our progress so much in the last two seasons, especially as Davies appears to me to be going backwards, not progressing in his overall game.

I wonder if Poch will now see what he has to do?

Which isn't sell Rose in my opinion, at least yet. The solution is to bring in genuine competition over time, the type that Davies has never given a fully fit Rose.

Ultimately, the answer might lie in solving the RB issue first. We now have 3 senior RB's and have started to use Foyth there as the 4th. It's too much. We need to blow the whole RB thing up and start again. That will free up a squad place for a young left footed player in the squad pushing Rose and Davies, whilst learning from them.

I'd still go all out for Wan-Bissaka and make the double signing from Norwich of the 2 full-backs. I could almost see Wan-Bissaka playing inside Aarons at some stage.

I do hope your conclusions are wrong RD, we’ve been crying out for competition, and an alternative option in AM. Alli desperately needs a kick up the ass and bench time to help rid him of his complacent attitude.

Alli needs to drop to a CM. It's the only way he will improve IMO. He would be involved in games from deeper, he will have to run miles and do his share of defensive duties.

Sadly he just doesn't quite have the pace or dribbling skills to be an AM every game every week.

He should be a box to box CM.

If they see us strengthening with known quantities not shopping in Lidil you dont think they might believe we are getting serious? Think it would be viewed as another positive.

Zaha is average. He will not make our best players think wow what a signing.

That Fernades bloke you keep mentioning on the other hand will make them think a bit though.

Which isn't sell Rose in my opinion, at least yet. The solution is to bring in genuine competition over time, the type that Davies has never given a fully fit Rose.

Ultimately, the answer might lie in solving the RB issue first. We now have 3 senior RB's and have started to use Foyth there as the 4th. It's too much. We need to blow the whole RB thing up and start again. That will free up a squad place for a young left footed player in the squad pushing Rose and Davies, whilst learning from them.

I'd still go all out for Wan-Bissaka and make the double signing from Norwich of the 2 full-backs. I could almost see Wan-Bissaka playing inside Aarons at some stage.

Rose is extremely likely to breakdown physically and miss out for another 6 months, I wouldn't gamble on keeping him.

There is a rumour being circulated by Caught Offside that we have made a bid of €70 for Gareth Bale, has anyone else heard any such rumour?

There is a rumour being circulated by Caught Offside that we have made a bid of €70 for Gareth Bale, has anyone else heard any such rumour?

I can't see anyone taking a chance like that on him with his injury record; but then in football commonsense often is the last thing to suspect.

I can't in this life or the next see us buying him outright unless he proved his fitness first (as a recent precedent it's why we wouldn't meet Barca demands for Gomez, who when they finally realised we meant it, allowed Everton to pay them a huge loan fee and to take the risk).

Maybe a loan with option to buy might be the way forward, the real question for me is whether their is any substance to the rumour.

60 mil does not buy a top player these days and we need a partial rebuild. If we sell some of the dross if anyone is stupid enough to buy it might raise another 60 mil. So two good but not top players Poch can buy this summer.

If we don't get CL it will be we have to sell before we can buy.

Simple another failed transfer window the new pretty stadium will be half empty most weeks.

I'd like to know where the 60 mil is siphoned from. We have won 70 mil for reaching the semi final of CL already.

Last edited: