Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 55 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

As I said on the main page if a good offer comes in the club would sell but I think Klose would want to stay. Offer him a new two-year deal.

If he was sold we would be very light at the back.

I agree I think Martin and Oli will move by the end of August and not today. We will then bring in a loan forward/winger to add a cover. No club will want to loan a player to a club to not playing so a player who can cover a few positions. Spurs have a player called Edwards who can play left and right wing and as a number 10.....:grinning:

I wonder if the club were thinking lets loan/sell out Cantwell, Matthews, Aarons, Martin, Oli, Pinto and then bring in one more player to add numbers but now maybe they are thinking lets keep Cantwell and Aarons and now we don't need anyone

Ipswich makes a signing that we should be making. They have signed young Kayden Jackson. He is a goalscorer

Agreed YB. I've seen a few players move that I think we could have gone for but our management team are more interested in German players.

Funny how Villa were in deep poop and no money and had to sell and then they get a new owner in like that and now can reject offers and sign players

A little update on Timm Klose. My mate works with his missus and she says there’s nothing in this morning’s link to Hannover.
Phew ?

I expect the club to offer him a Tettey like contract.

Loan window still open so I expect Martin and oli to go still. I hope Cantwell and Aarons stay but just feel they'll be loaned out.

And Bailey was saying that the club was still looking in German lower leagues. But I doubt they'll loan a player from German league 2. I can see a premiership player coming in on loan or a leitner type.

I still feel that we need another quality player up top. I really think Morris could add something. The guys looks like a beast at the moment.

So good enough for Championship Bolton but not us? I think we are leaving ourselves light. If Krul gets injured or has a bad run of form we have McGovern. His contract runs out in summer so why would Bolton buy in January just wait until Summer 2019 (unless we give him an extra year).

I don't think DF was ever going to give the number 1 to Matthews.

A real shame but all the best to Matthews, I think he'll be another like Rudd who will improve and be a good GK just needs the faith and confidence from his manager which he isn't going to get here.

Confirmed on the main site now . Goodbye Remi and I am sorry the club you love let you down . Now we have Kalamity Krul and McFlap . Well done DF and SW :clap:

Sadly never had the chance before and when DF gave him one this summer to make number 1 his own he blew it game after game. I think we were all worried about Remi being number 1 after the pre season we had and were all relieved when Krul was signed. If he doesn't want to be number 2 to Krul or fight to prove hes better than he is best off elsewhere. The biggest shame for me is now there is no competition to Krul as McGovern isn't ever going to be good enough. Still time to bring in a GK loan though as cover for rest of season.

Krul may continue giving away pens and letting in 40 yard back passes in each game. He just has to improve.
He has already lost us a least 1 point.

He doesn't rate McGovern and the pink un guys say he has to be number 2 as he is on a big wage?? I would give the number 2 to Oxborough. A loan GK coming in I can't see as the club would want them to play and not sit on the bench. They knew Matthews was on the way out and didn't act on getting another GK in.

So Matthews has left for good. Why does it start as a loan and then moves to them on a perm deal in January? why didn't it just get done sooner?

Any idea how much we sold for? I think we will regret it in the long term as he will be a good gk like Rudd. Next up Oxborough