Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 57 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

If they do sell Klose we will be down to Zimmermann, Hanley with Godfrey a makshift central defender and god-forbid Martin

One suspension or injury away from an even weaker defence.
Having said that the current defence are leaking goals in league at
over 2 .5 goals per game..

QPR looking at Bassong to help their issues!!

According to a German site, we have accepted a bid and Klose in talks with Hannover. Basel also interested. The report says the offer is 3 million.

Very worrying news , but our Board will always sell anyone they can get a decent fee for without thinking of the consequences . We have already stripped the squad of our best talent and now it is Klose who looks like going . As I keep saying about drive , hunger and ambition , then this news shows exactly how much ambition we have to go up...none

Very worrying news , but our Board will always sell anyone they can get a decent fee for without thinking of the consequences . We have already stripped the squad of our best talent and now it is Klose who looks like going . As I keep saying about drive , hunger and ambition , then this news shows exactly how much ambition we have to go up...none

How long can we keep Hernandez, Lewis and Godfrey for?

Roll up, roll up, everything is for sale!

We weren't in a mess like Villa but had to sell Maddison.

Why do you think we have had to sell over £100m of talent while also being in the Premiership and receiving parachute receipts?

Stupid signings, wage bill and contingent liabilities.

I leave that to the reader as to what you call it.

May be a ****S UP!

Last edited:
I guess that Villa must’ve been in talks over the new ownership behind the scenes. I imagine that buying a football club is not a quick undertaking and that a certain amount of investigation from the prospective new owners needs to be done. These new owners have thrown money at it though. I think they’re Egyptian. Will they pass the due diligence stuff? I doubt that Dr Xia cared and needed to just take the first offer that came in.

Indeed they were taken over by two Billionaires, one's Egyptian and the other is an American Egyptian. The Chinese guy was allowed to save face by ( I think) keeping 20% for now.

Last edited:
Talking of Tom.
What is he going at moment ?
Coaching defence ? coaching Leitner to score one on ones ? and coaching Rhodes to take pens ?

Bye-bye. Total waste and a pile of kak. League 1 is his standard. So we down to Lewis as our only left back (Aarons is a right back and Stiepermann is something else). Last season we had one right back. Also, another English player is gone. I don't rate him but are we leaving ourselves a little short as Lewis is just back?

I can't see him coming back. Funny how Husband went and Klose going and yet Martin and Oli still here!

Now it seems Klose is really on his way. Surely the club has something lined up if he is going otherwise that is really stupid wouldn't surprise me though.