Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

We shouldn't forget that other than Dele and one player at Saints who wasn't his signing apparently, Poch hasn't signed any players in Jan at either clubs. There is a chance that, despite Levy's history in January, Poch is just as much to blame.

This is why Poch and Levy are a match made in heaven. Neither have a clue when to take a risk. It's so frustrating because so much of what they both do is excellent but they play it far too safe all the time. I'm not a big fan of Lucas Moura - I think he's a bit flakey and a bit too wet for the PL - but he'd be a decent risk to take at 25y/o, big international for Brazil and he might join us, have a blinder and attract big interest in the summer that doubles his value. Even if he flops, £25-30m shouldn't be too hard to get back at his age and with his resume.

Matic - 25/1/2018 09:58

We shouldn't forget that other than Dele and one player at Saints who wasn't his signing apparently, Poch hasn't signed any players in Jan at either clubs. There is a chance that, despite Levy's history in January, Poch is just as much to blame.

This is why Poch and Levy are a match made in heaven. Neither have a clue when to take a risk. It's so frustrating because so much of what they both do is excellent but they play it far too safe all the time. I'm not a big fan of Lucas Moura - I think he's a bit flakey and a bit too wet for the PL - but he'd be a decent risk to take at 25y/o, big international for Brazil and he might join us, have a blinder and attract big interest in the summer that doubles his value. Even if he flops, £25-30m shouldn't be too hard to get back at his age and with his resume.

Are we the only club that sees signing players as a risk?

Who could we buy in the £30-£40 millions range that would integrate into the team quickly enough to significantly improve our chances of a top 4 finish?

Pollo - 17/12/2017 20:27

Look at Kane, LLoris and Toby - they would never sulk and under perform to get a move. Toby has been a top professional.

The rest have piss poor personalities, and that's a big part of why we are where we are. Rose & Alli have sabotaged this football club, and it's time we return the favour and do the same to their careers.

I would only let Rose move for Rashford/Martial In return.

We would only waster the money, not spend it.

Moura interested in Spurs loan move but also keen on Utd according to an article with no quotes.

I'd definitely take him on loan, or potentially sign him for £25M. He's still 25, experienced international and had a good season last year (not sure why he's not getting a look in now).

80deg16minW - 25/1/2018 10:31

Who could we buy in the £30-£40 millions range that would integrate into the team quickly enough to significantly improve our chances of a top 4 finish?

Callum Wilson
Moura
Malcolm

Among others.

30-40 million is still a lot of money

You can upgrade on the squad players with ease

Well Llorente scored 15 last season in 2451 Minutes. Thats a similar rate. He is just not as often injured. The thing with injury prones is, that they usually are missing when you need them most.

You cant compare a striker in a midtable team with our strikers. They dont play much against teams who park the bus. Just because Defoe and Austin score a lot of goals in midtable teams doesnt mean they would do this at a top destination. And they wouldnt be starters here which could knock their confidence.

Llorente a proven PL striker hasnt scored for us yet. Just shows you that it is a different world for a striker at spurs.

I like Callum Wilson but is he robust enough? He seems to miss more football than he plays. Perhaps he can gatecrash the World Cup squad if he keeps playing like he has. He's only 25.

Starting to see some tentative links with Amadou Diawara at Napoli. Not sure whether it's just paper talk. Like Sanchez in the summer, he looks like the kind of player we should be in for.

A player who runs at defenders with pace and another player in the mould of Eriksen is what we need more than anything else. When Eriksen doesn't turn up or doesn't start we lack invention. Without someone to run at defenders with pace, oppositions sides find it much easier to park a bus.

Either we go all out and sign Neres, who looks like he might go on to be a superstar, or we buy Lucas + Meyer to add depth. Meyer is free to sign a pre-agreement now so we'd be mad not to try. Moura is a risk, but a safe risk. As for Neres... well, he'd offer us something special.

freundorfoe - 16/1/2018 17:38

Moura interested in Spurs loan move but also keen on Utd according to an article with no quotes.

I'd definitely take him on loan, or potentially sign him for £25M. He's still 25, experienced international and had a good season last year (not sure why he's not getting a look in now).

Its clear why he isnt getting a look in. Plus they need to sell to fund the mbappe deal.

Plus it’s as much about next season.

Get them in now

Kinygerbils - 25/1/2018 13:16

Get them in now

That poses a planning problem. Do you spend on SALARIES as if you have qualified for CL or do you spend as the club normally has.

I would think you spend as you normally do with performance bonuses if CL is in the picture.

80deg16minW - 25/1/2018 13:54

Get them in now

That poses a planning problem. Do you spend on SALARIES as if you have qualified for CL or do you spend as the club normally has.

I would think you spend as you normally do with performance bonuses if CL is in the picture.

Which salaries are you referring? Incoming or existing players? And which players if you mean existing?

Really hope we get Lucas Moura. He is exactly what we need. Let's hope he fits in.

Matic - 25/1/2018 15:53

80deg16minW - 25/1/2018 13:54

Get them in now

Which salaries are you referring? Incoming or existing players? And which players if you mean existing?

New.

Taricco the yid - 28/12/2017 17:26

180k a week is pure crazy for him and just goes to show what we are up against nowadays. Toby and rose know what they can get elsewhere.

This is what I have been banging on about on the front page articles. Peeps just don't see the ramifications of this deal. Toby's contract should've been resolved well BEFORE we arrived at the January TW. Now, if big money is what he is after, well, he (his agent) has an example to cite. Some of Rose's comments have been vindicated. Every player's agents will be re-calibrating their calculators....

No they wont.

This is an idiotic signing on its face, the player will have to become the World's #1 CB on the pitch within 2 seasons, and maintain that level for another 7, to justify it, and he won't. He's just not that good.

I can't believe John Henry sanctioned this, blows my mind.

People are laughing at them behind their backs right now, and if the player falls on his face, people will be laughing in their faces.

Cant see this bonkers outlier having any dramatic impact on the overall market.