Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

Am I the only one to have concerns over the Sessegnon transfer?

Not a LB/LWB, but is seen as Rose's replacement, obviously a lot of talent and potential coupled with great athleticism, but 50 million pounds is a lot of money even in today's market. For that money you'd expect a somewhat accomplished player, not raw talent.

Paying that sum is a gamble, I just hope we have a clear idea on where to play him.

I honestly woudn't mind Bertrand coming in.

Nathan Ake is an incredible LCB, although he is 2-3 inches shorter than what I'd like to see in a CB. Still a good LCB cover for Verts and he would see plenty of game time.

So who are our outs then ?

Rose and Toby have gone , hopefully Alli will join them , anyone else ?, Big Vic to Liverpool as touted ?

Pollo - 25/2/2018 10:39

Am I the only one to have concerns over the Sessegnon transfer?

Not a LB/LWB, but is seen as Rose's replacement, obviously a lot of talent and potential coupled with great athleticism, but 50 million pounds is a lot of money even in today's market. For that money you'd expect a somewhat accomplished player, not raw talent.

Paying that sum is a gamble, I just hope we have a clear idea on where to play him.

I really wouldn't believe the numbers being bandied about, yes he will be expensive, but it will be a flat up front fee - not paid in installments with performance related payments that will be spread over 5 years...and they'll be tough ones he has to meet.

I suspect (but do not know) that we'd pay around £25 mill + add-on's which if we then went on and won everything and he became an England regular, might add up to alot more.

13 - Ryan Sessegnon has scored 13 goals from just 16 shots on target for Fulham in the @SkyBetChamp this season. Prospect.

Sell rose to utd and get sess in. I hope its more like 30m plus add ons if targets are met.

Taricco the yid - 26/2/2018 13:17

13 - Ryan Sessegnon has scored 13 goals from just 16 shots on target for Fulham in the @SkyBetChamp this season. Prospect.

Sell rose to utd and get sess in. I hope its more like 30m plus add ons if targets are met.

So much will depend on whether Fulham get promoted or not - fail to get promotion and it's said he will definitely move.

If that happens, I'd expect a fee in total of around £35 perhaps £40 mill - and then it will be at about 25 upfront and the rest add-ons.

It's said, we've worked hard to do our homework with him and his agent - and we're his first choice, should he move.

Walthamstow wanderer - 21/2/2018 21:34

"The crucial factor in the signing of Van Dijk was not money at all but how Liverpool repaired the relationship with Southampton "

Can anybody explain to me how that statement makes any sense.
The bin dippers got caught out tapping up the player and didn't even put a bid in for him.
To avoid PL sanctions and possible disastrous ramifications they grovel and agree to pay Southamton whatever they want.
All the ramifications are passed onto all other transfer prices.
Klopp tries to play it all down by asking everyone to forget the £75 million.
What a load of Bow Locks
And the he player gets a nice little sweetener of 180k a week.

But the crucial factor was not money at all. Unbelievable

And now this transfer is being used as a benchmark for Toby's future with us .................... Kin crazy

From what I understand, some Fulham folks truly believe they have a future 100m player on their hands. They may be right. But at 17 (18 yet?), everyone knows that anything can happen.

25m + add ons, plus we take his twin as well. Total potential package at around 35m for the two players.

KWP_Snchz_Foyth_Sess

Hmmmm...

A pointless signing Tottenham shouldn`t contemplate?

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524399">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Zaha for 15m might be good. But I'd rather we go get Max Meyer. More versatile player, younger, and just better.

Lucas succeeds, I don't think we'll be linked with Wilfred again. Nor should we be.

Maybe even end up paying the same for Lucas + Meyer as it'd cost to get 1 Zaha.

And if we did need to spend 50m on a young dynamic attacking right side player with pace guile and a fearless drive to win, then I'd spend that on Pulisic.

It is time. Time to get some back. A little psychological warfare is in order.

Time to talk about Salah to Real Madrid every chance we get.

80deg16minW - 18/3/2018 11:31

It is time. Time to get some back. A little psychological warfare is in order.

Time to talk about Salah to Real Madrid every chance we get.

Agreed.

He's too good for them.
He should be playing for a team that wins trophies.
Etc etc.

Barcelona, Paris St-Germain and Real Madrid are all interested in signing Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah, 25, for £200m. The Egypt international has scored 28 Premier League goals so far this season. (Sun)

Sky Sports are putting it around that Michel Vorm is going to Feyenord , and we are signing Sessegnon . Of course it's all rumours. Would hate Vorm leaving but love Sessegnon joining us