Summer 2018 Chat Line | Page 12 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Chat Line

Another busy week. This and that on Monday and then went up North again to look after our granddaughter - so worn out! lol

Meeting my sister for a day out tomorrow and Friday it's the normal shop for the weekend - it could be we have no visitors at the weekend or it could be that we have three or five! It's a case of watch this space at the moment!

Been a day for chatting today met friends this afternoon. Then tea and cake at a friends home.
Home to walk and feed my dog (and me!). Then a different friend came for the evening.........to chat!
In between I got tickets for the fans forum.

15 of us out for a b'day meal at the Woodmandman yesterday evening. Guess what - lots more chatting!

Looking forward to the game today UTM

Had an enjoyable meal at the Beefeater with a group of friends last night and then coffee this morning in the sunshine at Clifton Park with a different group of friends. Its nice to keep in touch!

Glad you had a good time!
Been in Stoke at daughter's - went for a walk along a canal and to a couple of pubs and had a takeaway last night. Been to the shopping bit at Trentham Gardens and for coffee and cake this morning. Got home around 5ish - traffic not so good round Derby and getting onto M1.

Hope you enjoyed your visit - sounds interesting.

Sorry can't make it today - you'll have to shout twice as loud!

Well I was picked up at 10 past 10 - thought I was going out for breakfast! We had a nice meal in a pub in Shipley and set off to the ground from there at 1.45. It was busy but we were in our seats at 2.45 and ready to go! First half great second half we lacked.

Getting out of the ground, what a nightmare! You have to wait for everyone on every coach, though only five coaches were there (least I've ever seen) but there's always stragglers. Our drive decided enough was enough as we had been ready quite a while and tried to set off but was stopped. When they eventually sent the truck to guide us out all he did was guide us into the rest of the flippin' traffic trying to get out.

It actually took us longer to get away from the ground than it did to get home once we were on the motorway!

All the disabled, who could walk, were given seats on the first tier which had a lot of leg room. All the rest of our fans were behind us in the top tier. Best I've ever had there actually.

Back from an overnight stay at my sons. It really is true - it always rains in Manchester! Most of last night - biig puddles this morning - and all today - no sign of it when I got back here.

Back this eve from a short holiday in the Northern Highlands of Scotland. The weather was kind, and we had a lovely time - John O Groats, Loch Ness- sadly didn't see Nessie I'm afraid. Went to the Isle of Skye and Inverness too. Very long journey on the coach, though.

It's a fair ride up there isn't it. Glad you enjoyed it. Not done any of those. Had a few days in Edinburgh, which I enjoyed except for the rain, a few years ago but went by train. And went to Dundee from Newcastle on a cruise. Went to The Shetlands and Orkneys on the way back from Iceland last year.

Went to Meadowhall with daughter on Wednesday, I had some free cinema tickets and I wanted to see Christopher Robin with Ewan McGregor. Had a wander around then went to the ticket office with the free tickets only to be told it was full and the next showing wasn't until 5pm which wasn't any good to us. We hot footed it to Centretainment and (after a long wait as only one serving - really, I mean it is the summer holidays) we got in on a two for one ticket. I actually prefer that cinema complex anyway. Enjoyed the film, though I think it was a bit above some of the children who were there.

On Thursday we met friends in Sheffield and had a drink and went to Cosmos. Wasn't impressed there this time. I thought it had gone down a bit last time we went but it wasn't good at all. Had to wait for plates, then the food wasn't being brought out quick enough and there was a lot of empty tureens. It was very full - think a lot had gone to celebrate GCSE exam results.

Had a couple of days with our granddaughter. We picked her up from nursery (I'd forgotten how loud a lot of children in one room are! Even though I did it for twenty-two years!) Mixed weather. Lovely in the sun but very autumny out of it.

Oh dear, Sixpence - roads busy?

Done very little today - went to the NYS to get tickets for two away games and then this afternoon watched the DVD of 'The Greatest Showman' - loved it!

xLengthy hold-ups and then a very slow queue for 3 miles to exit the A1 which was closed at Peterboro. The diversion signs sent us round the roundabout and back onto the A1 heading south!

Saw the Greatest Showman at the cinema - loved it too! My eldest granddaughter has the dvd and when I saw her last weekend had watched it 10times!!

Well I shall definitely watch it again!

That's the trouble with diversions. We were on one a few months ago which was going fine then suddenly the diamond signs we were following stopped! Luckily the sat nav picked us up and got us home!

Been to Meadowhall looking for birthday presents - I was home 1.30ish - a morning in Meadowhall is enough for me these days!