Summer 2018 Chat Line | Page 10 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Chat Line

Oh dear , that is sad.

Last week of a boy who was at school with my son had a heart attack and died, 39years old!

Went to Lotherton Hall yesterday - first time we'd been and enjoyed it. Was £6 each which included parking and entrance to the hall, gardens etc. We went for a walk along the woody shady bit - though not intentionally, it's the other half who can't read maps! It's sort of let's follow this path that isn't so even and takes 40 minutes or let's go the easy way which is, at the most, a 5 minute walk! We got our steps in! Nice and cheap cafe too.

Well, we'd not either until the sat nav started insisting we turned off the A1 on the way home from Newcastle onto the M1! We saw signs and thought it was one we'd not been too so gave it a go. It's got a Leeds postcode but I would think it's nearer Pontefract than Leeds, saying that it is run by Leeds City Council.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotherton_Hall

The other half liked it because you could wander round on your own and there was a lot of information in every room to read. (I just looked at the pictures!)

Good for dogs, Sixpence, though, of course not the House. Lots of playgrounds and open space for children.

Back from a few 'roasting' days in London with my family.
Lovely to spend time with them but keeping up with a very active 2 year old in such heat......

Went on a tour round Wentworth House yesterday, although there wasn't a lot in the rooms, the guide, who had been there when it was Lady Mabel College, was very interesting. They were getting some of the rooms ready to film the next series of Victoria, they'd filmed some in the morning and were doing some later. There's two tours so we hope to do the other one later in the year.

We had lunch at Le Bistro before we went, very nice it was, two courses for £13.25.

Long time since I was at the Bistro but always liked it. Had a lovely Sunday dinner there. Even longer since I was inside the 'big house' I Visited a friend who was a student at Lady Mabel.

It was about a year ago since we'd been to Bristo. Always had nice meals there even when it was Cuddlies.

There wasn't a lot in the house but it's well worth a visit.

Had a really lovely afternoon tea at Cuccinis yesterday and reasonably priced I thought - £20 for two.

Been a bit unwell in hospital for a fortnight.
Hopefully will feel up for more in a week or two.
Missed you both and hope you are well.
Love xx

Oh dear, so sorry to hear that Ozi. I've been wondering what had happened to you, hope you feel better soon - missed your company ond comments!

Went to the Lyceum to watch A musical about Dusty Springfield yesterday.

It certainly didnt have the feel-good factor - I found it quite depressing.

Had a couple of days in cooler Newcastle with our granddaughter. They think it's 'red hot' there but it's definitely cooler than here, was a nice relief to be honest! They have a hose pipe ban up there, although as they haven't got a hose pipe it won't worry them! We went to a local farm yesterday to see 'smelly pigs' and goats and guinea pigs, ponies and the like. Unfortunately, after we'd been to see the little animals inside we went to feed the goats but there were notices saying that they had cases of E-coli amongst the outside animals and not to feed them - we headed straight for hand washing and home. Apparently dog walkers are allowed in the farm and some very unhelpful person had nicely picked their dog poo up in a bag and thrown it into one of the goats fields which had caused the bug - who one earth would do something like that! Annoys me.

Today we went to a nearby park because she wanted to go on the slide only for it to be broken so we went to one a bit further walk away, which was nicer in my opinion, and she went on the slide and things there. Later when her Mummy had done at the hairdressers we went to a pub for late lunch, then home to play.

Luckily the A1 and M1 weren't busy and we had a good run home - we are shattered now!

Isn't it a shame that because we are older when we become grandparents we don't have the energy we used to have to enjoy it to the full.