Striker | Page 2 | Vital Football

Striker

If you could sign any striker, who would you choose?

• Total voters
Seeing as I think Oliveira is probably the most suited the likely 4-2-3-1 system that is likely to be played, I've gone leftfield and looked for other players with a bit of strength, height, pace, aerial, threat, touch and finishing and found these:

Aleksandr Prijovic - 28 years old - PAOK

Serbian international. Scored 27 in 39 games in Greece last season. Was at Derby as a youngster which would be great if he came good! Reminds me a bit of a poor man's Ibrahimovic both in terms of stature and playing style:

Bjorn Johnsen - 26 years old - Den Haag

Norwegian international. Yes, I know it;s Den Haag and the Eredivisie but this guy looks to have something about him, despite not doing very well at Hearts. Scored 19 in 37 in the Eredivisie and looks to be a real explosive player.

Not fussed by Grabban and think Pope is right in that there will be too much competition for him. Wouldn’t mind seeing what Soudani could do though but it’s gone a bit quiet on that front.

Bamford first choice, good age and well motivated if he came here!
Second choice between Grabem or Marriott.

Steer clear of Vydra for me

With the question asked being, "If you could sign any striker, who would you choose?" (and there being no caveats about transfer cost, wages or whether the players current club would sell to us or not) I've plumped for Vydra. Simply because of them all, I think he's almost guaranteed to score the most goals.

As it happens, I'll be surprised if we sign anyone off that list. I think AK knows who he wants and he's quite happy for the press and the fans to come up with names, whilst he quietly goes about bringing in someone we'd never think of.

Mind you, whether this player will be successful or not is a horse of a different colour.

Bamford because of his history with our club and the manager plus Pacienca because of his size, strength and movement. Plus he is only 23 so potential.

Provided Kodjia hasn't lost his fitness, he's be the clear choice as only Kodjia, Oliveira, Grabban and Paciencia out of the ones mentioned are capable of playing up front on their own and I feel Kodjia has more to his game, has a better goalscoring record than the others mentioned and scores a greater variety of goals.

Derby want over £12m for Vydra, apparently - can't see us being in the mix at all.

Marriott & Pac Man - no real views on either as not seen them play & think AK wants experience?

Personally, I think we'll sign 2 strikers, but a few heading out soon - as we start pre-season next Monday!

Of the above - Grabban on loan and Olive permanently, both experienced at this level.

U know what, at 3m less than badass I'd call that a bargain. We've risked 12m of the Portuguese kid. Worth a conversation with the player imo

Bamford. Right age, right type, right qualities. Expensive? Sell on potential.

Grabban - experienced, good record has played Recently at a big club with lot s of expectation, good record, scores different types of goals can play lone role well. No sell on

Vydra- too expensive - blows hot and cold