Striker | Page 3 | Vital Football

Striker

If you could sign any striker, who would you choose?

• Total voters
What about him, I know he was gay, but what record do we have to put right? Genuine question.

Clough treated Justin Fashanu very badly in his time here, partly because he was gay. Used to make references on the training pitch to the gay clubs he used to frequent and make casual homophobic remarks. Clough wrote about it in at least one of his autobiographies with regret at how he had treated him.

It was more Clough than the club (although Clough was the club really) but if forest could help the first player to come out while playing here I'd be pretty proud and feel like there was some justice and amends. Maybe that's just me

I remember Red David doing a poll on gay supporters and getting banned.

I think that pretty much sums up things.

If anyone says any holes a goal, im going to ICE this bastard

I doubt the circus would help the team much unless every opponent gets fined for fan behaviour.

I think it would all be over pretty quick to be honest. The world has moved on. The younger generation barely even see it in terms of gay or straight any more.

I think it would be great. A very proud one to add to our list of footballing firsts.

Yeah i won't lie i'm not keen on all this gay stuff.
Seems as though it's almost fashionable nowadays.

I think there is truth to your last sentence but uncomfortable or not a large % of the world is gay and football is lagging embarrassingly behind in terms of tolerance.

Personally I'd hope if it did happen we'd band together and say fuck everyone else, he's one of our own.

There would be a circus at first, no doubt but it would blow over for the next story in time.

Back in the 80s when Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea etc were throwing bananas at their own players we had none of that bollocks. Just love for Franz, Des, Chris, Viv etc. I hope that would continue.

I wouldn't be anti anyone if they did come out whilst playing for us and i'd treat them like any other player but unlike Pope i'd rather it didn't happen given the choice.
I just don't like it simple as .
Just being honest.