Striker bid. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Striker bid.

It was asked today on twitter (by the Gitb Guys) what happened to the fabled “striker bid” as there was no news for 2 weeks. Someone claiming to know a club insider reckoned that talks were still ongoing and hoped for an answer later this week.

May be complete bulldust, although the poster didn’t sound like he was on a wind up. Make of it what you will. But I f we were to add Matty Jarvis AND a decent enough ‘paid-for’ striker, I’d really start to believe. And what a decent set of forward options we’d have. Depending on who we actually spend money on of course...

It was asked today on twitter (by the Gitb Guys) what happened to the fabled “striker bid” as there was no news for 2 weeks. Someone claiming to know a club insider reckoned that talks were still ongoing and hoped for an answer later this week.

May be complete bulldust, although the poster didn’t sound like he was on a wind up. Make of it what you will. But I f we were to add Matty Jarvis AND a decent enough ‘paid-for’ striker, I’d really start to believe. And what a decent set of forward options we’d have. Depending on who we actually spend money on of course...

Still waiting for an answer:
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/gills-still-waiting-209535/

Forest yesterday signed the forward they were after, so if it is Cummings's we want and as Evans has said the player he wants could be available when his current club sign a replacement. However I would have thought Forest would sell him rather than loan, so it may not be him

I understood we were looking to sign the striker in question on a permanent deal.

That’s what I thought too. But I think Evans said that the other club might not sell him, and if not then a loan (for the same player) might be on the cards. Could be that they’d sell him for the right price ( which we can’t meet) otherwise with no other buyers they might loan him to us.

So all that suggest it could be Cummins. And if Forest have just got their man in, we may find out shortly.

Be great if it turns out correct, but I’m actually quietly confident in the front men we have at the moment.

Last edited:
Personally I hope it's not Cummings. Forest fans hate him, said to be a disruptive influence in the dressing room, poor attitude and rumours of 'questionable' extra curricular activity off the pitch. Ain't exactly set the goalscoring charts alight either in recent years. Don't need another JET.

Personally I hope it's not Cummings. Forest fans hate him, said to be a disruptive influence in the dressing room, poor attitude and rumours of 'questionable' extra curricular activity off the pitch. Ain't exactly set the goalscoring charts alight either in recent years. Don't need another JET.

Is he a scot scot like Steve Hislop, Paul Shields and Billy King or an anglo scot like Andy Thomson and Iffy.

This could go either way.....