Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 73 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

Would Heaton stay if we went down? Would have thought his england career would be based on if he was a premier league player.....but hed prob still be behind pickford, henderson and Pope? -stay
Reina - gone
Sarkic - gone
Steer - hardly happy to be back up again? Will stay if heaton goes
Nyland- had a plane to catch but missed it.

Guilbert - said he'd stay no matter what league

Konza / Hause / Engels / Elmo / Taylor dont really imagine any team coming in for them- stay

Targett- might leave.....meh not overly bothered
Mings - prob leave for more than we bought him for

El ghazi / Trez / Jota- prob leave, doesnt bother me in the slightest
Jack/ McGinn/ Luiz - Super Jack will go, McGinn at 25 would prob want to stay in the prem if a decent offer comes in. Luiz is putting in performances now that could attract offers. gone

Nakamba/ Hourihane - I'd imagine would stay
Lansbury- def stay, not giving up on that contract

Wesley/ Samatta/ Davis / Vassilev - I'd imagine all would stay unless an offer for Ally came in from Europe.

Even if we played some of the youngsters, we would still need a fair few players again.
Forwards are enough to compete in the championship. Would need a few midfielders and some creativity- Eze from QPR would be nice, doubt we'd get Berhama. Defence would prob be ok too, just need a new left back. Compared to the squad that went down before, reckon we're in better shape to come straight back up.......

I know it’s the daily fail but it’s in a few papers today and this one isn’t paywalled.

I’m going in circles on Smith. Was definitely in the change manager camp before lockdown as I’ve said before, and I don’t like his recen post match interviews, but increasingly feel like he’s been badly let down.

relegated or not, its going to be an interesting summer:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...rch-facing-axe-amid-concerns-recruitment.html
Dont apologise for reading the Mail Dumble, they are all as bad as each other, and besides its a decent article.
I am the opposite to you, I wanted Smith to stay all season, but having witnessed the woeful football since our return I am now coming round to get rid.
It really is a difficult one isnt it because he knows the Championship, so it makes sense to keep him.
What has swung me are his post match interviews that have the ring of a man who has tried all he knows and has got nowhere, and he sounds evermore desperate.
As you say another interesting summer.

Would Heaton stay if we went down? Would have thought his england career would be based on if he was a premier league player.....but hed prob still be behind pickford, henderson and Pope? -stay
Reina - gone
Sarkic - gone

Konza / Hause / Engels / Elmo / Taylor dont really imagine any team coming in for them- stay

Jack/ McGinn/ Luiz - Super Jack will go, McGinn at 25 would prob want to stay in the prem if a decent offer comes in. Luiz is putting in performances now that could attract offers. gone

Wesley/ Samatta/ Davis / Vassilev - I'd imagine all would stay unless an offer for Ally came in from Europe.

Even if we played some of the youngsters, we would still need a fair few players again.
Forwards are enough to compete in the championship. Would need a few midfielders and some creativity- Eze from QPR would be nice, doubt we'd get Berhama. Defence would prob be ok too, just need a new left back. Compared to the squad that went down before, reckon we're in better shape to come straight back up.......

Heaton, McGinn, Grealish, Mings - All four are going to be crucial whichever league we are in. If we lose them, we need to replace them with equally solid British players.

Steer, Targett, Guilbert, Hause, Konsa, Douglas, Nakamba, Davis, El Ghazi - these are good enough to stay in the squad next season, not necessarily as starters but definitely competition for their respective positions. If we go down to the championship, most of these should be starting and should play well at that level.

Anyone not listed, apart from youth players (Vassilev, Barry etc.) Can look for another club.

Eze and Benrahma would both be excellent signings, we should take both of them if we stay up.

I am in the sack Smith camp.

If we could get someone in quickly, this last few PL games we'll be turning up for, would give the new guy an opportunity to see what we have - or what we might have. He can see them in 'competitive action' so he has more idea of what is required for the new season in the Championship.

That to me would be the best thing movong forward because next season will be upon us very quickly.

If he was getting sacked he would have gone by now. He's here until the end of the season at least.

Reina - gone
Sarkic - gone

Agree with most of that. Definitely think Heaton would stay. Captain next season I think.

Also think we could persuade at least 1 of Mings, Luiz or Mcginn to stay as well. All 3 would be a cut above the championship and any of them staying boosts us enormously in that league.

As for the strikers I can see Samatta doing well enough in the championship. Wesley too if we give him some service.

Agree with most of that. Definitely think Heaton would stay. Captain next season I think.

Also think we could persuade at least 1 of Mings, Luiz or Mcginn to stay as well. All 3 would be a cut above the championship and any of them staying boosts us enormously in that league.

As for the strikers I can see Samatta doing well enough in the championship. Wesley too if we give him some service.

Agreed.... Heaton seemed captain material, might feel he "owes" us since being out for half a season. Reckon will stay.
Mings and Luiz are new internationals, might need the move to preserve their international status? Mings linked to Arsenal during the week.. McGinn was being talked about as a 50m buy last season, if silly money is offered, cant be blamed.. hope he stays too though.

Reckon wesley and samatta could destroy the championship, but they need service, they're prob too similar style wise or maybe im just saying that cos they are both being played up top by themselves.

Up a place due to Bournemouth getting battered by Newcastle. Good old Brucey. If Chelsea beat West Ham 5 nil we're out of the relegation zone. Don't think anyone down the bottom actually wants to stay up.

Looks like us norwich and bournemouth then.
We wont get 3 more points to catch west ham now and thats with them picking up 0 for rest of season.
Welcome back to the championship aston villa.
What a royal fuck up this season has been. Shockingly pathetic.

Although we have been unlucky with certain injuries we deserve to be where we are, too many times we just haven't shown up and where we have the tactics/subs to protect winning positions have failed.

Watford are still in the mix but have some easier fixtures - the running order of the remaining games points to Palace being massive. Winning that would pile the pressure on West Ham, having said that though they will surely get something at Newcastle after beating Chelsea tonight.

Up a place due to Bournemouth getting battered by Newcastle. Good old Brucey. If Chelsea beat West Ham 5 nil we're out of the relegation zone. Don't think anyone down the bottom actually wants to stay up.
Looks like west ham do.
Watford have got Norwich at home next week......and also west ham play both so more points on offer for those teams.
Looks like we might not be playing wigan next season though. Small comfort.

Hopefully those we think that are dross, after a long hard season in the premiership and that experience under their belts, (should we get relegated) will probably find some good form in the Championship. With a few more months and a pre-season to gel the rest, I think we'll do fine. I never ever ever liked those comments from fans who'd wished we'd stayed down just to see us win more games, because for as long as you're in the second tier, you will never achieve more than an F.A cup, which has also lost it's importance somewhat - however I do think, with the right manager and retaining just enough quality, being relegated will probably stand us in better stead.

Sheff UTD, although now off the boil, show that work ethic and team cohesion are worth nearly as much as an individual quality. Sadly we lack both.
4 seasons out of 5 in the chumps league...at least. As bad as we were in 2016 I didn't see that blot on our record coming.

I just do not understand at all why we've not had a proper go at anyone since the restart. West Ham are dreadful but simply had a bit of a go and got something. We meekly surrendered to them and Wolves whilst never really threw everything at Sheffield Utd or Newcastle either. The latter 2 we'd have won for certain if we'd just gone for it.

Since these Jack Grealish going to manure rumours he has gone of the boil which don't help same with Mcginn before the injury had gone off the boil these papers dont help unsettling players Mings thinks hes better than he is he couldn't get in the Bournemouth team thats why we had him even though they screwed us over on that .
I don't see mings showing off his villa shirt on that train down to Bournemouth in late July. ...

Agreed.... Heaton seemed captain material, might feel he "owes" us since being out for half a season. Reckon will stay.
Mings and Luiz are new internationals, might need the move to preserve their international status? Mings linked to Arsenal during the week.. McGinn was being talked about as a 50m buy last season, if silly money is offered, cant be blamed.. hope he stays too though.

Reckon wesley and samatta could destroy the championship, but they need service, they're prob too similar style wise or maybe im just saying that cos they are both being played up top by themselves.
Mings linked to Arsenal....imagine him and Luis as their centre backs. ...

The killer is that we led man utd, Spurs in both games, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea and should have won 4 of those games. We just threw too many points away.
Liverpool didn't even have to work for their goals. Arsenal were down to 10 men when we gave them two goals in the last 10 minutes. It's happened too many times . Simply not good enough.