Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 74 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

We're not down yet. We'd have been out of the hole if Fat Frank had done what he should.

Bournemouth are gone. Watford don't show much sign of improvement. It's in our hands. Who know is West Ham are having a false dawn?

Next two rounds of games and we will be pretty much waiting for those chumps league fixtures to roll off the press. ...

We're not down yet. We'd have been out of the hole if Fat Frank had done what he should.

Bournemouth are gone. Watford don't show much sign of improvement. It's in our hands. Who know is West Ham are having a false dawn?
We are down. Trust me. We are terrible. We went down a long time ago in my humble. Shocking attempt at staying up.
Its in our hands? Hahaha. Yep... defo down!

How people are expecting us to change I don't know, 8 matches without a win, Liverpool, Man Utd, our next matches, team not scoring and leaking goals for fun.... there are no positives I can see. These next 2 games will seal our fate, I'm sorry to say. Smith nice bloke and a Villa supporter, just not a premiership manager, and at present neither is John Terry, our defence is a disgrace...

Liverpool didn't even have to work for their goals. Arsenal were down to 10 men when we gave them two goals in the last 10 minutes. It's happened too many times . Simply not good enough.

Not sure I'll ever forgive Kodjia for his completely half arsed attempt at marking Mane for their winner. That was probably the worst moment of the season for me, an absolute gut punch.

Last nights west ham result might be what keeps us up. I'd like to think that Chelsea will respond against watford and not only win, but dent their goal difference too. It might now be the case that west ham have nothing to play for on that final day too. Those are two huge ticks for us if so. Next week watford are at home to norwich and Newcastle. Less than two wins and they likely go to the last day. Can't see Norwich or Bournemouth staying up.

Am I wrong to just want this terrible season done so we can get to the excitement of a closed season and the changes that might happen at the club? Will we have a new manager? Which players will leave? which players come in? Then the new season and actually scoring and winning football games again. Nothing better.

Z

We still have a good chance. I wanted to be in this league to see us up against the likes of Liverpool, United, Arsenal, even Everton. I'm going to try and enjoy the rest of the season. All we need is three wins and we are safe. If we go down, so be it, we were bloody lucky to be here in the first place. We can come back stronger.

Not sure I'll ever forgive Kodjia for his completely half arsed attempt at marking Mane for their winner. That was probably the worst moment of the season for me, an absolute gut punch.
The team worked so hard all day and deserved a point at least. It was heartbreaking.

Its been in our hands since we restarted with a game in hand. If it was the plan to stay up because all the others would lose, it’s destined to fail. I think Norwich have to play 3 of the others so that should be fun. With the fixture list we had we had to win the Sheff U match to stamp our credentials early. We were like damp squib and haven’t been up to it I’m afraid.

All we need is three wins

Simple then? :rofl:

I've tried very hard but can't see where one win is coming from let alone three!
  • Liverpool - Lose - 27pts
  • Yanited - Lose - 27pts
  • Crystal Palace - Draw - 28pts
  • Everton - Lose - 28pts
  • Arsenal - Draw - 29pts
  • West Ham - Draw - 30pts (Relegated)
The ties that you'd hope that Villa could get something from are CP and WHU, but based on the performances so far and without a magical transformation in performance and/ or luck then the best I can imagine is drawing while Bournemouth and Watford lose all their games and maybe sneaking a one nil at WHU on the last day.

We are proper fucked if any of the bottom teams pull off a win like WHU did the other night.

4 seasons out of 5 in the chumps league...at least. As bad as we were in 2016 I didn't see that blot on our record coming.

I think our issue is and has been player turn over and cack signings.

Samatta, Davies, Engels, Hourihane, El Ghazi Nakamba, Wes, Heaton etc all likelihoods good players in the championship. Then once they've experienced a year of winning and bonding, although not Prem level, could (maybe...ish) perform in a similar fashion to Sheff Utd should we be able to get back up.

I think our issue is and has been player turn over and cack signings.

Samatta, Davies, Engels, Hourihane, El Ghazi Nakamba, Wes, Heaton etc all likelihoods good players in the championship. Then once they've experienced a year of winning and bonding, although not Prem level, could (maybe...ish) perform in a similar fashion to Sheff Utd should we be able to get back up.
No idea why you’ve got Heaton in there 🤔

Am I wrong to just want this terrible season done so we can get to the excitement of a closed season and the changes that might happen at the club? Will we have a new manager? Which players will leave? which players come in? Then the new season and actually scoring and winning football games again. Nothing better.
Agree with all of that Wurzel, but I dont see us actually being able to attend games, so whats the point.

I still believe that Smith and Terry should’ve gone at the beginning of lockdown, I also realise that a new manager wouldn’t have a great deal of time taken the situation, but he would’ve had 4 weeks to change things to his liking, and at least get them to play for their wages, because to me it looks like he’s lost them, they’re not playing for him, they’re playing as though they already know they’re down, and that must lie with Dean Smith and what’s his name? The Chelsea guy.