Standard claim Manure ready to pay 'huge' compensation to get Poch and coaches.. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Standard claim Manure ready to pay 'huge' compensation to get Poch and coaches..

As I said in another thread, any offer has to include a hands off clause for squad players and a no compete clause for current targets.

If they will pay anything, they will sign everything.

Levy will see the £££ signs

Sure, take our core.....

The Utd job is quite easy when you think about it. 50% of that squad have a lot to offer and 3 or 4 key acquisitions in the right positions could take them up a level. After that, anything is possible with the right nurturing. OGS has proved that people skills and basic tactics are effective and you wouldn't bet on him getting top 4 this season. I hope they give OGS the job, mostly because I think he's the short term fix and not the maestro that job requires.

He can say that; but that defence generally doesn't last long. Poch and & Co will simply say 'we want to go' and have no intention turning this down and that will be that. The board will then want to move quickly to address the issue of compensation so that it doesn't drag on all summer - and so that they can appoint a new man ASAP so that he/his team can hit the ground running come the new season.

I said apart from Poch wanting to go.

Papers report as if there's a number that breaks his contract. And that United can decide how those instalments are paid.

Levy clearly told Poch he wasn't interested in letting him go to Madrid last summer and Poch accepted that. Why wouldn't the same happen here?

I said apart from Poch wanting to go.

Papers report as if there's a number that breaks his contract. And that United can decide how those instalments are paid.

Levy clearly told Poch he wasn't interested in letting him go to Madrid last summer and Poch accepted that. Why wouldn't the same happen here?

hmm, I do believe there is number for compensation that would follow IF he said; "I want to go" so, the number isn't the trigger but is the compensation that would have to flow to avoid legal action over a broken contract (and breaking a contract is easy, determining the amount of actual compensation isn't!).

You can agree a compensation figure and then insist on terms of payment, unless of course you want to go to commercial court in the strand over it - the liklihood is that the law might well support compensation payments that mirror the term of the contract left (I've seen that done often).

But as you say, Poch will have to say 'I want to go' - assuming we grant them the ability to talk to him.

If we don't, he simply resigns and then we pursue them for injurious inducement and the argument over compensation terms follow (as it always does).

I think filling Poch’s boots will be more difficult than it seems.....We would need to find someone who will be willing to work under Levy’s rules which means identifying someone with potential who hasn’t reached the top yet because the superstar managers won’t work with our transfer constraints.

Given Levy’s track record of finding managers this will likely be a complete gamble.

hmm, I do believe there is number for compensation that would follow IF he said; "I want to go" so, the number isn't the trigger but is the compensation that would have to flow to avoid legal action over a broken contract (and breaking a contract is easy, determining the amount of actual compensation isn't!).

You can agree a compensation figure and then insist on terms of payment, unless of course you want to go to commercial court in the strand over it - the liklihood is that the law might well support compensation payments that mirror the term of the contract left (I've seen that done often).

But as you say, Poch will have to say 'I want to go' - assuming we grant them the ability to talk to him.

If we don't, he simply resigns and then we pursue them for injurious inducement and the argument over compensation terms follow (as it always does).

thanks - that's ultimately what I was getting at. Seems a very rudimentary way to decide compensation. I get it with a phone contract or whatever, where you breaking it means that they miss out on that specific income, but compensating us with what we were going to pay him just seems too simplistic.

Our loss is almost immeasurable if Poch goes. Imagine no top 4, no CL in a new large capacity stadium. Less income from sponsors, gate money due to disgruntled fans, less ability to attract top players, it goes on and on.

Paying the stadium off is reliant on our success. If we asked Man U to pay off our stadium debt it wouldn't be enough. But that's the starting figure from me.

I would match Poch's money offer from Man U . It is chicken feed compared to what we could lose.

If he goes to United he will fail.

They will want star players and he won't be able to handle them. He's a bit like Mourinho in that respect.

I agree with this. He would need time to do what he has with us and Man U wouldn't give him that time. Like I said the job has too much pressure for Poch.

They will want star players and he won't be able to handle them. He's a bit like Mourinho in that respect.

It will certainly be a risk for him/us - I couldn't and wouldn't say that he can't deal with 'star players' from what we've seen of his management style, I'd say he really wouldn't or shouldn't have much difficulty adjusting.

It will certainly be a risk for him/us - I couldn't and wouldn't say that he can't deal with 'star players' from what we've seen of his management style, I'd say he really wouldn't or shouldn't have much difficulty adjusting.

Well if he follows SAF's most intelligent and eternally relevant advice, find a chairman you can work for, he has one. Woodward doesn't fall into that category IMO.

Well if he follows SAF's most intelligent and eternally relevant advice, find a chairman you can work for, he has one. Woodward doesn't fall into that category IMO.

Based on what?

He's from a relatively humble background and has found success via hard work and being smarter than the average accountant; he's said to be good with people, but knows how to draw a line.

Sounds to me to be exactly the sort of person he'd get on with?

Here's a taste of the man:

https://economia.icaew.com/features/february-2014/you-cant-replicate-manchester-united

I think the only doubt about Poch being successful at Utd is in his dodgy record in the transfer market....whether this has been due to our spending constraints, or seemingly hopeless scouting network I’m not sure, but I’m pretty certain Utd’s scouting network is better and if he specifies the type of player he wants for each position rather than the Mourinho route of specifying particular players, then I think he will be just fine.

I guess the other big question mark is over his tactical capabilities given that we start practically every game on the back foot and have to adjust after half time, but having said that he has created something special for us given our resources and proven himself against Real Madrid, Dortmund and even Barcelona to an extent.

If Utd make him an offer I think he would be silly to refuse it unless he has Spurs truly in his heart, but even then there is no guarantee that funding is going to increase anytime soon and we will need to replace key players just to stand still, which again will involve taking risks on potential as like for like replacements are out of our salary range. If he goes, I say good luck to him...he has done all he can for us.

The Utd job is quite easy when you think about it. 50% of that squad have a lot to offer and 3 or 4 key acquisitions in the right positions could take them up a level. After that, anything is possible with the right nurturing.

That could easily be said about our squad as well.

I think he will have issues at any bigger club tbh.

As you pointed out I think he will have issue with big name players and you cant bomb out Pogba/Neymar to prove a point, the club nor certain fans wont accept it.

Real tend to be a club that buys a player and lets the manager deal with it, again he cant cope with players that are not in his box.

Also, could you imagine if he writes of trophies at a big big club?

More the egos they bring.

I'd prefer he didn't go; but I'm now pretty sure that if the position for him and his staff is offered, that he and they will take it.

I don't think there is anything the club can do to stop it. I also now believe the board know it.

If he joins he'll at least double his salary (or more) as will his staff; he'll be given an almost unlimited transfer spend based on moving out around £250 mill of unwanted/not good enough talent plus around another £200 mill of available funding; no one in their right minds could turn that down.

And that would all be available to him in his first season over two windows (it's why all the agents are already manouvering to 'get involved at every level).

I had dinner with an agent who may or may not have a hand in the merry-go-round that would occur, he generally gets it more right than wrong. His personal view was that IF Manure decide he is the man; then no amount of compensation will stop them from getting him., and as he said he knows Poch's 'confidential advisor' he seemed absolutely certain about his views.

He too thought that Poch's latest utterances were contradictory and confusing and were intended to muddy the waters prior to moving. I asked if he thought he'd already been approached and got the normal 'friend of a friend' will have asked about the level of interest should they formalise their approach...

Sadly, I think it is inevitable unless the clamour for Ole becomes so loud, so irresistible that they have no choice because of what he achieves with them this season.

Manure have a policy of producing talent from within, yet are also looking for a 'long-term' solution that will not be linked to 'Fergie' and his way of doing things; the key institutional investors and the Glaziers in the US want a long term solution they can get behind, the Manure CEO wants to bring an end to the off-field turmoil, as his neck is on the line...

To them Poch has produced miracles at Spurs and they believe with Manures almost 'limitless' financial resources that he's the man to take on ManCity and quieten the noisy neighbours.

So, cross your fingers Manure do something spectacular this last part of the season, because if they don't - he'll be gone.
Or we win CL