Stadium is looking shabby | Page 23 | Vital Football

Stadium is looking shabby

He's been on here talking about Latics in the past, I'm pretty sure he said supports both Wigan clubs.

If we are being critical of Warrors forums for being intolerant of differing opinions then why would we do the same?

If he thinks Warrior's are bigger than Latic's I think he's wrong but it doesn't offend or upset me - it's just a different opinion.
Thats what they do
Come on here pretending to support both clubs but only one intention to stir up shyte
I mean im not knocking you but you do seem gullable at times

I don't think Wigan was ever predominantly a rugby town.
It was a lie put out by Maurice Lindsay in the 80s to big up the rugby and have another snipe at Latics.
To be fair it worked as its the default insult to Latics fans from rival fans.

Tales I've heard about coach loads of football fans leaving Wigan in the 70s/ 80s to go watching bigger northwest clubs.
Even some mentally challenged Wiganers bizarrely went to bolton 🤮.
So even though these people didn't necessarily follow Latics the town was full of football fans.
Far outnumbering the egg chasers.

Going back to Pollards attempts to buy the ground I'm sure he said at the time he had ideas on how to utilise the stadium.
So it could be profitable. Used the right way.

To be fair though if any town has a sports team that is doing much better and attracting more fans than a team from a different sport I think it's fair to say that the most successful team represents the town. I don't think it really matters either way to be honest - it's a different sport their attendances and success or failure on the pitch doesn't add or take away anything from what we are doing. I'm more bothered about what's happening at Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Ipswich etc as they have a far bigger impact on us.

Our last owners said they thought they could use the stadium better to make more money and failed. It's easier said than done and to be honest I think whoever owns the stadium including our new owners will struggle to break even. I hope our new owners manager to crack it but to be honest I think Ganaye wasn't onto nothing when he felt the stadium was milestone than an asset.

Thats what they do
Come on here pretending to support both clubs but only one intention to stir up shyte
I mean im not knocking you but you do seem gullable at times

Gullible like when you were defending the Spanish when half of the board was telling you they were dodgy?

Also if Warrior's fans are like you say only coming on here to wind us up wouldn't it be the people like yourself reacting negatively and falling for the trolling be the gullable ones?

Gullible like when you were defending the Spanish when half of the board was telling you they were dodgy?

Also if Warrior's fans are like you say only coming on here to wind us up wouldn't it be the people like yourself reacting negatively and falling for the trolling be the gullable ones?
I was being polite to you
Over the spanish deal yes i was wrong and i held my hand up and said so
I was also wrong by saying you where an egg chasser meaning you being a wurriors fan which i also hold my hand up and say i was wrong
When wurriors fans come on here i am not being gullable at all i go on the defensive to stick up for my beloved latics

To be fair though if any town has a sports team that is doing much better and attracting more fans than a team from a different sport I think it's fair to say that the most successful team represents the town. I don't think it really matters either way to be honest - it's a different sport their attendances and success or failure on the pitch doesn't add or take away anything from what we are doing. I'm more bothered about what's happening at Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Ipswich etc as they have a far bigger impact on us.

Our last owners said they thought they could use the stadium better to make more money and failed. It's easier said than done and to be honest I think whoever owns the stadium including our new owners will struggle to break even. I hope our new owners manager to crack it but to be honest I think Ganaye wasn't onto nothing when he felt the stadium was milestone than an asset.

It does matter as it was yet another dig at Latics in a one sided attempt to belittle us.
At the time their success and attendances had a direct effect on Latics as it took support away from us as we were foiled at every attempt to improve ourselves.
Negativity from the council. Negativity from the local paper. Ridiculed by a pompous arrogant prick who would have been happy to see us fold.

Don't underestimate the negative effect Lindsays comments had on Latics wellbeing in the 80s early 90's.

I was being polite to you
Over the spanish deal yes i was wrong and i held my hand up and said so
I was also wrong by saying you where an egg chasser meaning you being a wurriors fan which i also hold my hand up and say i was wrong
When wurriors fans come on here i am not being gullable at all i go on the defensive to stick up for my beloved latics

I also challenged his claim of Wigan still being a rugby town. He says he supports both Latics and Warrior's if that is the case and it's a genuinely held opinion we think is wrong then we can disagree civilly. But if he is just a Warrior's fan looking to get a reaction then by getting defensive to we are taking the bait and they'll be laughing at us.

Either way no reason we should let it get to us. If someone says they think Warrior's is bigger than Latic's then fair enough - leave them to it, it doesn't make it true.

It does matter as it was yet another dig at Latics in a one sided attempt to belittle us.
At the time their success and attendances had a direct effect on Latics as it took support away from us as we were foiled at every attempt to improve ourselves.
Negativity from the council. Negativity from the local paper. Ridiculed by a pompous arrogant prick who would have been happy to see us fold.

Don't underestimate the negative effect Lindsays comments had on Latics wellbeing in the 80s early 90's.

Im not talking about back then though I'm talking about now. Whatever Lindsay did 20 or 30 years ago we can't do anything to change but it is now irrelevant to where we are with Richardson and Talal. Any atempts Lindsay made to hold us back ultimately failed as we've gone on to achieve great success over the years and surpass Warrior's.

I'm not telling anyone to like Warrior's or saying Lindsay wasn't up to no good - he clearly was. I just think the best revenge is living well and not caring enough to keep hating. Talal and Brannigan will sort a more favourable rent and they'll be a revenue stream and that's about the extent of their relevance to us.

Partner what partner its the owner of latics v rent payers no partner whatsoever

They are commercial partners. They pay us money, we provide them with a service/product.

Not if they aren’t paying the market rate. We just spent 600k on a footballer. Their paltry 300k isn’t worth the damage they do to our pitch, the vandalism their fans do to the ground with the Fuck Latics stickers etc. Pay the going rate or they are nothing but a hindrance.

It isn't a market. There is nobody else who will rent the stadium. Unless we can raise a similar fee from things like concerts, which may do more damage to the pitch. Realistically the market rate is what warriors are willing to pay.

If we kick them out then we lose money. We still pay maintenance, we may save on pitch wear and tear but would that be enough to cover lost income?

Being pragmatic we need to sweat the asset and Warriors are a virtually captive customer. If we kick them out we're going to spend more money trying to replace income that was literally dropping into our laps.

They are commercial partners. They pay us money, we provide them with a service/product.

It isn't a market. There is nobody else who will rent the stadium. Unless we can raise a similar fee from things like concerts, which may do more damage to the pitch. Realistically the market rate is what warriors are willing to pay.

If we kick them out then we lose money. We still pay maintenance, we may save on pitch wear and tear but would that be enough to cover lost income?

Being pragmatic we need to sweat the asset and Warriors are a virtually captive customer. If we kick them out we're going to spend more money trying to replace income that was literally dropping into our laps.
Im sure we can raise the pittence they pay quite easily over the time period they do at present by some other means

I posted this last December.
This was a note from the old company accounts. The leases were noted.
At the time the council were also waiving £127k.

The Council may no longer hold shares in the future Stadium company ... that will no doubt be announced / confirmed at some point
However, Wigan Council (on behalf of us all) owns the freehold and has traditionally waived charges each year .... £127,000 odd quid. Something not to be sniffed at (self isolate if you start).

View attachment 44256

The Council also estimated the fair value of the shares in Wigan Football Company Limited was £538,000 for the 15% share. That has gone out of the window.

He's been on here talking about Latics in the past, I'm pretty sure he said supports both Wigan clubs.

If we are being critical of Warrors forums for being intolerant of differing opinions then why would we do the same?

If he thinks Warrior's are bigger than Latic's I think he's wrong but it doesn't offend or upset me - it's just a different opinion.
**IF** he supports both teams, then its obvious he comes from a Rugby Family.
So-called 'Tics supporters from Egg Chasing Families ALWAYS take the side of the Eggies when the going gets tough ...Its instilled into them from birth.

Its become quite a trend in recent years...

You've got Egg Chasing fans slagging us off who just happen to support other North West Football Clubs.
And then the weirdest one...
Supposed fans of both The 'Tics and The Egg Chasers who suddenly get rather touchy & defensive when anyone has a go at The Eggies or Pollard.

I think its fair to say, after recent events, those that do legitimately support both clubs with no bias either way, have got themselves a bit of quandry...

Last edited:
So-called 'Tics supporters from Egg Chasing Families ALWAYS take the side of the Eggies when the going gets tough ...Its instilled into them from birth.

You've got Egg Chasing fans slagging us off who just happen to support other North West Football Clubs.
Supposed fans of both The 'Tics and The Egg Chasers who suddenly get rather touchy & defensive when anyone has a go at The Eggies or Pollard
You are not half right one or two of them on here

Supposed fans of both The 'Tics and The Egg Chasers who suddenly get rather touchy & defensive when anyone has a go at The Eggies or Pollard

Reverse that round, if they were both a Latics fan and Warrior's fan and it was Warrior's fan's started slating Latic's and Talal then they'd probably get defensive on that too.

I don't think we've got a fan base big enough to turn up our nose at any Warrior's fans who also follow us. If anyone support us and pays to come and see us I'm happy to have them even if they prefer Warrior's out of the 2 teams.

I'm sure we could. Or we could just increase the rent for warriors and save a boat load of time.
I would sooner get rid and raise the money by other means , but like a bad smell it is going to be hard to get rid

Cost of the last desi pitch replacement was confirmed at over £1m 🤔

Reverse that round, if they were both a Latics fan and Warrior's fan and it was Warrior's fan's started slating Latic's and Talal then they'd probably get defensive on that too.

I don't think we've got a fan base big enough to turn up our nose at any Warrior's fans who also follow us. If anyone support us and pays to come and see us I'm happy to have them even if they prefer Warrior's out of the 2 teams.
I beg to differ we are getting more on at games than they have been getting at theirs
I would say our fan base is growing and with our new owners backing it will improve

I disagree with Frankel but some of the name calling at him has been completely unnecessary. He's entitled to his view and being a Warrior's fan too doesn't mean he can't also be a Latics fan.

If you think someone's opinion is so wrong it shouldn't be hard to argue without being insulting.

We'd not be pleased if it was the other way round so let's keep it civil.
Careful Bickymon might "fall out of love" with you