Stadium is looking shabby | Page 22 | Vital Football

Stadium is looking shabby

I was under the impression Warrior's never kept any of the confectionary sales which is why they tried to move their fans to buy it from heir training ground to keep more of the money being spent. That's what i read years ago but i don't know how accurate it is.
Now I know the chubbies like the odd pie and Mars bar but it's not moving the needle financially.
Bottom line they are going crying to the council - again - having been gifted a state of the art refurbished training facility funded in part by Tics Council tax payers.
At what point do the council begin to note the direction of travel here and tell the leeches to do one.
Despite what self proclaimed lease experts may say - Radlinski wouldn't be crying into his council pals and admitting a renegotiation was in process if a something wasn't going on. If the lease simply transfers as is why would they do anything ?
As for Kendrick and his pal Mr Wilks (another Emmerdale ref 😉)
They have also been called out on twitter to condem Lenagan Jnr's untrue and crass comments - let's see 🤔
What's Nandy had to say ? Or is she continuing to be a mute Swan now ?

Now I know the chubbies like the odd pie and Mars bar but it's not moving the needle financially.
Bottom line they are going crying to the council - again - having been gifted a state of the art refurbished training facility funded in part by Tics Council tax payers.
At what point do the council begin to note the direction of travel here and tell the leeches to do one.
Despite what self proclaimed lease experts may say - Radlinski wouldn't be crying into his council pals and admitting a renegotiation was in process if a something wasn't going on. If the lease simply transfers as is why would they do anything ?
As for Kendrick and his pal Mr Wilks (another Emmerdale ref 😉)
They have also been called out on twitter to condem Lenagan Jnr's untrue and crass comments - let's see 🤔
What's Nandy had to say ? Or is she continuing to be a mute Swan now ?

That's just it Kendrick won't call Lennigan junior out he's shit scared of upsetting anyone at the rugby or his paymasters at the Wigan Rugby Post

PS

I think they may take the red seats out at the end of their season, that seems reasonable

Back to Lenaghan and co running to the Council,

My Mrs has just made a good point, when the shops and market traders in Wigan town centre asked for help with the extortionate rents and business rates, the Council came back with a big fat "NO"

The Council have sat back and let the town centre become a ghost town, letting traders shut shops and stalls and make redundancies because they couldn't afford the rents and business rates.

Yet they pull out all the stop for that shower of shite.

Absolute rubbish, business rates are set by government via the land registry office and closures in wigan market were at epidemic proportions when it was privately owned and was one of the reasons the council purchased the galleries to try and stem those closures, on line and out of town shopping are the reason.

What a deluded person you are

Firstly more football fans from Wigan have season tickets to watch FOOTBALL sadly not all are Latics fans.
Secondly more people in Wigan play football. Wigan Ammy league is huge and the amount of players in it dwarfs the amount of idiots who chase eggs.
Thirdly When Latics won the cup billions around the globe watched it giving us a whole new fan base which has now resulted in us being bought out by Bahranians. When you sad feckers are in a final its watched by other sad feckers along the M62 corridor.
Global brand my arse your not even relevant anymore in this country . Since 1978 our fan base has grown yours has fallen drastically.

Now where do you get that Wigan is a rugby town from?
I like you too pal fuck wurriors up the tics

They should have still played it. They'd have had to rename it from the 'World Cup' to the 'M62 Corridor Cup' though, since apart from Australia, no-one from further than ten miles from the M62 gives a flying feck about RL.
It should be named the lancashire yorkshire trophy or egg cup

I disagree with Frankel but some of the name calling at him has been completely unnecessary. He's entitled to his view and being a Warrior's fan too doesn't mean he can't also be a Latics fan.

If you think someone's opinion is so wrong it shouldn't be hard to argue without being insulting.

We'd not be pleased if it was the other way round so let's keep it civil.
Now i am begging to dislike you again

Judging by the reaction on here, Twitter and other places the actions of Pollard has caused some considerable animosity and great damage between the clubs and supporters.

His actions are unforgivable. If he had said to the admins if the worst came to the worst and there were no buyers he’d take the ground - I could understand that completely. He didn’t he tried three times - three times to buy it all whist the admins were trying to sell the club and keep us from being liquidated. I expect he thought it a calculated gamble to take the ground and kill us off. Thankfully it failed but this prick has reignited a generational long anger and caused a new generation to feel the same. It’s completely unforgivable. If he was serious about the clubs having cordial relations his first act should be to step aside. He mentioned his other investors (the one who is minted) where there to take over when the time was right and that time is unquestionably now.

The Council have no say in business rates, neither do they have a say in a lot of town centre rents as they don’t own the buildings.
So what you are saying is not relevant
They only have a say when it comes down to wigan wurriors

I was under the impression Warrior's never kept any of the confectionary sales which is why they tried to move their fans to buy it from heir training ground to keep more of the money being spent. That's what i read years ago but i don't know how accurate it is.

Thats what I mean. As I understand it, it was always an outside contractor who pay the stadium company in order to be able to do all the catering
Hence why they took the decision to offer stuff from the Robin Park facility. I don't blame them to be honest but as it will lessen the profits of the catering company it will reduce the value of the contract so ultimately the stadium comany/Phoenix will lose out when it's renewed
That in mind its a bit rich if they then start to moan about rent increases and get the council involved when they've made a deliberate move to take money away from the landlords

I don’t know what’s a reasonable figure. I guess one that allows the stadium company to break even after maintenance and upkeep costs. As I’ve said elsewhere, if a stadium company is losing £1mil a year though, that indicates that the rent is not enough and that other possible come streams aren’t being utilised or maximised. I guess you can also look at what other clubs who rent stadiums have to pay. Then whether the rent figure doubles, triples, stays the same or whatever it can be shown to be reasonable - I just don’t think you can pluck a figure from thin air and decide it’s reasonable
But they didn’t only pay £241k in 2019 because they moved food and drink sales to Robin Park. Their rent has nowt to do with how much food and drink their supporters buy, it’s a fixed percentage of their gate receipts. I also thought the food and drink sales was outsourced so the stadium company got a set, contracted figure from whoever does it
So basically the Egg Chasers have committed fraud then?

Announcing a crowd of 11,000+ so they can get the full annual salary cap funding from Super League, but only paying The 'Tics a cut of their actual figure (usually around 8,500/9,000 mark with the exception of when they play Saints and Wire).
I notice they've had to be somewhat truthful so far this season, because their attendances have been even more poorer than usual.

As for the food and drinks sales, I'm not sure of the finer details of the deal, but I can’t see where else the missing £60k could be from.
One thing is for certain though, the Stadium prices have shot up this season, and that's probably a partial consequence of the Egg Chasers eating and drinking elsewhere.

Thats what I mean. As I understand it, it was always an outside contractor who pay the stadium company in order to be able to do all the catering
Hence why they took the decision to offer stuff from the Robin Park facility. I don't blame them to be honest but as it will lessen the profits of the catering company it will reduce the value of the contract so ultimately the stadium comany/Phoenix will lose out when it's renewed
That in mind its a bit rich if they then start to moan about rent increases and get the council involved when they've made a deliberate move to take money away from the landlords

Even though the DW catering is outsourced the rugby and stadium owners take a share of any profits from the rugby games.
That's why they created a fanszone at Robin Park. So they could increase their profit margin.

I still think the fanzone was a breach of contract and it was only opened last year just before the pandemic started and while the Chinese crooks were plotting to kill Latics.

People will have to take whichever side they are on ,be it latics or wurrior the old battle is coming to a head once again
Lenegens know what they where upto and what they wanted
We the fans seem devided once more
I have no problem which side anyone takes but go to which ever site you belong to rather than infestate the site you are on
Im a tic and would never infestate a site of them the wurriors and i dont want our site infestated by any wurrior scum

I disagree with Frankel but some of the name calling at him has been completely unnecessary. He's entitled to his view and being a Warrior's fan too doesn't mean he can't also be a Latics fan.

If you think someone's opinion is so wrong it shouldn't be hard to argue without being insulting.

We'd not be pleased if it was the other way round so let's keep it civil.
He's not a 'Latics fan, anyone can see that.
And try having a differing opinion on the Egg Chasers forum, they ban you for life and block your IP address, so you can't rejoin under a different name.

It's like being in China on there 😳😳😳

What a deluded person you are

Firstly more football fans from Wigan have season tickets to watch FOOTBALL sadly not all are Latics fans.
Secondly more people in Wigan play football. Wigan Ammy league is huge and the amount of players in it dwarfs the amount of idiots who chase eggs.
Thirdly When Latics won the cup billions around the globe watched it giving us a whole new fan base which has now resulted in us being bought out by Bahranians. When you sad feckers are in a final its watched by other sad feckers along the M62 corridor.
Global brand my arse your not even relevant anymore in this country . Since 1978 our fan base has grown yours has fallen drastically.

Now where do you get that Wigan is a rugby town from?
Correct on The 'Tics bit, but incorrect on the Egg Chasers bit.
Egg Chasers crowds were poor in the late 70s/ early 80s.
They only improved when they started winning things under Maurice Lindsay.

Premier League and FA Cup football's viewership domestically and globally dwarfs Super League. After our 8 years in the Prem and FA Cup exploits we got a huge amount of exposure globally the Wigan Athletic brand will have surpassed Warriors as shown by the difference in social media followers. Even though we are now in L1 we will retain a fair portion of our notoriety even if we are no longer being seen on the previous scale.

There was certainly a time when Wigan was predominantly a rugby town, but that's years ago. Football has been firmly established in the town for about 20 years. I'd say it's disingenuous to say that it's only one or the other as both clubs have thousands of fans and have enjoyed plenty of success in recent years. But success in English football does generate more money, more headlines, more viewers and reach further internationally than success in English Rugby League due to the difference in popularity of both sports. It's the same for any other town or city that has both sports.

I don't hate Warrior's or dislike rugby league but the days of Latics being in Warrior's shadow and Wigan being a Rugby Town are long gone.

I don't think Wigan was ever predominantly a rugby town.
It was a lie put out by Maurice Lindsay in the 80s to big up the rugby and have another snipe at Latics.
To be fair it worked as its the default insult to Latics fans from rival fans.

Tales I've heard about coach loads of football fans leaving Wigan in the 70s/ 80s to go watching bigger northwest clubs.
Even some mentally challenged Wiganers bizarrely went to bolton 🤮.
So even though these people didn't necessarily follow Latics the town was full of football fans.
Far outnumbering the egg chasers.

Going back to Pollards attempts to buy the ground I'm sure he said at the time he had ideas on how to utilise the stadium.
So it could be profitable. Used the right way.

And try having a differing opinion on the Egg Chasers forum, they ban you for life and block your IP address, so you can't rejoin under a different name.

Or bolton

I don't think Wigan was ever predominantly a rugby town.
It was a lie put out by Maurice Lindsay in the 80s to big up the rugby and have another snipe at Latics.
To be fair it worked as its the default insult to Latics fans from rival fans.

Tales I've heard about coach loads of football fans leaving Wigan in the 70s/ 80s to go watching bigger northwest clubs.
Even some mentally challenged Wiganers bizarrely went to bolton 🤮.
So even though these people didn't necessarily follow Latics the town was full of football fans.
Far outnumbering the egg chasers.

Going back to Pollards attempts to buy the ground I'm sure he said at the time he had ideas on how to utilise the stadium.
So it could be profitable. Used the right way.
Spot on what you say more football fans in wigan although alot dont support their local club
But its a phrase used by other towns jealous of our football club and our recenent history
When some clubs last won something closer to world war 2 than present day

He's been on here talking about Latics in the past, I'm pretty sure he said supports both Wigan clubs.

If we are being critical of Warrors forums for being intolerant of differing opinions then why would we do the same?

If he thinks Warrior's are bigger than Latic's I think he's wrong but it doesn't offend or upset me - it's just a different opinion.