Stadium is looking shabby | Page 14 | Vital Football

Stadium is looking shabby

Shows what you know about the latics

John i knew about the Phoenix stand at Springfield Park, been in it enough times.

But you suggesting the DW stadium should be renamed The "New" Phoenix doesn't make sense, we have never had a ground called Phoenix it was a stand, we wouldn't half have the piss took out of us from other fans, don't you agree?

Of course they're failing.

It's a parochial sport that no-one who lives more than ten miles from the M62 gives a toss about.

Back when I was a kid, when you saw kids in sports shirts, they were rugby shirts. Nowadays, I never see a rugby shirt; couldn't even tell you what one liked like aside from being red and white. Kids wear Latics shirts now. Warriors' fanbase is aging, and the kids don't care about the sport nor the club. My son is ten; he can't name a single Warriors player (something I'm proud of). For that matter, nor can any of his friends. They can all tell you near enough every significant Latics player for the last ten years though... even players who left Latics whilst they were still in nappies are names the youngsters know and love.

Can't say I have any sympathy at all for Warriors. Best place for the knuckle draggers is the history books. Crap sport to watch, a team with an attitude problem, where not one of them is deserving of respect either as sportsmen nor indeed as human beings. They're a dwindling candle and the wind is rising. They'll be gone in the next decade, and it won't be a moment too soon. How I'll laugh when that final Warriors bankruptcy article is published and they're finally consigned to history: no more Warriors to embarrass our town is a milestone event that can't come quickly enough.

Can't say I have any sympathy at all for Warriors. Best place for the knuckle draggers is the history books. Crap sport to watch, a team with an attitude problem, where not one of them is deserving of respect either as sportsmen nor indeed as human beings. They're a dwindling candle and the wind is rising. They'll be gone in the next decade, and it won't be a moment too soon. How I'll laugh when that final Warriors bankruptcy article is published and they're finally consigned to history: no more Warriors to embarrass our town is a milestone event that can't come quickly enough.

After what we have gone through as supporters in the past 14 months I am surprised that you can post such comments about a team that some people do still support (not me by the way).
Yes there are some Rugby supporters who hate Latics for some reason but the majority are just like us, Wigan people who love their sport and their team. Lets not wish on them the agonies of what we have gone through for the sake of petty mindedness.

After what we have gone through as supporters in the past 14 months I am surprised that you can post such comments about a team that some people do still support (not me by the way).
Yes there are some Rugby supporters who hate Latics for some reason but the majority are just like us, Wigan people who love their sport and their team. Lets not wish on them the agonies of what we have gone through for the sake of petty mindedness.
Agree with you Kenneth. Wouldn't want any fan of anything to go through this. Just a fall from grace and off their pedestal for a dozen years or so with no trophies etc would be interesting though.

Totally agree with you we should not wish on them any agonies or hatred towards their fans
Instead far better if they just moved out of wigan all together and went to reebok out road

It's a parochial sport that no-one who lives more than ten miles from the M62 gives a toss about.

Back when I was a kid, when you saw kids in sports shirts, they were rugby shirts. Nowadays, I never see a rugby shirt; couldn't even tell you what one liked like aside from being red and white. Kids wear Latics shirts now. Warriors' fanbase is aging, and the kids don't care about the sport nor the club. My son is ten; he can't name a single Warriors player (something I'm proud of). For that matter, nor can any of his friends. They can all tell you near enough every significant Latics player for the last ten years though... even players who left Latics whilst they were still in nappies are names the youngsters know and love.

Don't mince your words, tell us what you really feel. However !

"Not one of them is deserving of respect either as sportsmen, nor indeed as human beings. "

I think that's a bit strong

Always found this weird, but I'm not a local. Being a Tics fan for 20 years, I've always kinda looked out for how the Warriors are getting on, in some vague sense of pride for a town I've never lived in... just nice to see "Wigan" and "Win" in the same sentence when you're 200+ miles away.

Always found this weird, but I'm not a local. Being a Tics fan for 20 years, I've always kinda looked out for how the Warriors are getting on, in some vague sense of pride for a town I've never lived in... just nice to see "Wigan" and "Win" in the same sentence when you're 200+ miles away.
I am a local and I too always look for how the Warriors get on
Hoping it's another good hiding for them

It's especially true after the last 14 months. They way their lot revelled in our struggle means some karma is due.

I wish them all the misery we had, only without the happy ending we're now enjoying. No rugby club at all in Wigan may be a pipe dream, but no significant rugby club is very much a possibility, and I'm keeping everything crossed it happens sooner rather than later.

Not read the full thread but Car Park 2 really needs a clean. Dropped my son off for the footy holiday camp thing and it's covered in glass and rubbish. Surely it doesn't cost too much for a road sweeper to come along and do all of those side roads and car parks? Doesn't give a good impression when dropping kids off.