Stadium is looking shabby | Page 12 | Vital Football

Stadium is looking shabby

I understand you not getting your head around it mate,you have to be a wiganer and lived in wigan to understand it
Mostly down to past history ,you might not have been around back then but a few on here know what i mean
I have to say its not the game of rugby i hate its just wigan rugby ,
Nothing wrong with st helens and the other clubs
I completely understand the origins of your (and the wider) hatred of the rugby, (of course I was around) ........it was your points re the council that made no sense.

You haven't mentioned that in this post.

It was a bit off from the council putting all those Worriers and Brigantes flags up in the council chamber while Talal was there tbh !

If I was Talal I would be very suspicious of the councils motives.
After all they were the ones who helped the rugby set up their own fanzone at Robin Park while the Chinese crooks had taken their eye off the ball.
Which must be a breach of contract with the stadium owners.

If I was Talal I would be very suspicious of the councils motives.
After all they were the ones who helped the rugby set up their own fanzone at Robin Park while the Chinese crooks had taken their eye off the ball.
Which must be a breach of contract with the stadium owners.
What was even more annoying how did the council get away with giving robin park stadium built and payed for by wigan council tax payers to the rugby
Was an absolute disgrace

What was even more annoying how did the council get away with giving robin park stadium built and payed for by wigan council tax payers to the rugby
Was an absolute disgrace

Apparently part of the deal was the council took over some property the rugby owned and the rugby took over the lease of Robin Park.
But not before the council had paid for a facelift at RP.
I'm not sure were the rugby property is but it's where they had their community programme.

Was an absolute disgrace
Bad enough but the refurb costing millions to the worriers spec together with the creation of the stadium revenue reducing catering set up is about 4 sins rolled into 1.
May as well go the whole hog - put 5555 red seats in it and feck em off completely.
The cuckoo's and the council deserve each other - rats in a sack

Apparently part of the deal was the council took over some property the rugby owned and the rugby took over the lease of Robin Park.
But not before the council had paid for a facelift at RP.
I'm not sure were the rugby property is but it's where they had their community programme.
It's a couple of pre fabs on the boundary of Marsh Bonk and Norley - prime development area 😂😂😂😂

Bad enough but the refurb costing millions to the worriers spec together with the creation of the stadium revenue reducing catering set up is about 4 sins rolled into 1.
May as well go the whole hog - put 5555 red seats in it and feck em off completely.
The cuckoo's and the council deserve each other - rats in a sack
That was a story i was told is on the cards from two lads i have known since early 70s rugby fans
Just a pity we Couldn't up root it the robin park stadium and plant it next to the ground that bolton use
After all that is where majority of their fan base comes from

That was a story i was told is on the cards from two lads i have known since early 70s rugby fans
Just a pity we Couldn't up root it the robin park stadium and plant it next to the ground that bolton use
After all that is where majority of their fan base comes from
We could let them play saints matches at the DW for fair rent and any world Cup games - oh wait on...... ! 😂