Stacey West Expansion | Page 9 | Vital Football

Stacey West Expansion

7 DAYS A WEEK EARNING...............I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT!
Non footballing revenues must be lifted from their current doldrum levels and the templates are out there we just need to check the feasibilities and act on the viable propositions.
What would be non match day revenue, can't be much more space needed for conferences, retail space has gone up the swanee and we already have classrooms. Need some blue sky thinking but it's beyond my storm cloud brain.

The voice of the fans from the echo won't be as he was told it wouldn't go through as there were loads of objections from the residents.

Interestingly there wasn't a single objection. The only comment from anyone other than a consultee was actually a letter in support. People should check the published facts before spouting off about things they know nothing about.

I always find it ironic regarding objections. Like the recent applications in Bracebridge Heath for 1000 houses. There is an outcry on the village Facebook page, 5 have transferred into objections.

I have not read all the above, but it seems to be a very good 'temporary' solution to recent capacity issues and better supporter facilities for certain games. Do we know how this is going to be financed ? The Club at the moment does feel to be at a turning point on the field, and I just wonder if Season Ticket renewals are not what are hoped for, there may be a change of plan. This would be looking at the short term and not the long term plan for LCFC of course.

It doesn’t seem long ago that we kept the Stacey West closed for certain games to avoid stewarding and cleaning costs and now we’re looking at almost doubling it’s capacity. Another sign of how far we’ve come in such a short space of time

Interestingly there wasn't a single objection. The only comment from anyone other than a consultee was actually a letter in support. People should check the published facts before spouting off about things they know nothing about.

I always take whatever he says with a huge pinch of salt, reckons he's ITK and he never is.
For someone who used be to involved with the trust etc he really seems to have a massive axe to grind against the club these days.

Last edited:
I have not read all the above, but it seems to be a very good 'temporary' solution to recent capacity issues and better supporter facilities for certain games. Do we know how this is going to be financed ? The Club at the moment does feel to be at a turning point on the field, and I just wonder if Season Ticket renewals are not what are hoped for, there may be a change of plan. This would be looking at the short term and not the long term plan for LCFC of course.

I think the article says they're looking at grants and investment options for the funding.

I think the article says they're looking at grants and investment options for the funding.

The PP is good for three years, so there is a decent window of opportunity for that. I would imagine one funding stream would be the Football Foundation, they look for strong community benefit in return for any funding these days.

Last edited:
As Always

Just seen that programme on the new Spurs ground, fascinating stuff, especially the pitch moving to the car park and filling pints on the bar from the bottom rather than pouring into the top of the glass.

Yep, get whatever grants can be got towards it. Have the rest on a mortgage type loan. Interest rates are as low as they can be. So a loan makes perfect sense. Current income increases. Ground improves. More away fans accommodated and giving funds to our club.
More space for our fans as and when bigger capacity called for.
Scope to redevelop St Andrews side whilst retaining our current 10k capacity.

This simply isn't going to happen while there is still a chance that a stadium move is a possibility.

Yet we are going ahead with a new Stacey West...
Seems like a new stadium is now the unlikely route.

And my point, which i thought was obvious, was that if we wanted to do something with the St Andrews side, we could do so whilst not going below our present 10k.
Now, I wouldn't anticipate any such plans anytime soon, but maybe another decade down the line, or some investor coming along with a spare £10 million or so, who knows?
What we do know, is that side is pretty poor as it stands.

Yet we are going ahead with a new Stacey West...
Seems like a new stadium is now the unlikely route.

Making the Stacey West bigger doesn't mean we are giving up hope of ever moving.

As it stands I believe it is short to a medium-term solution, allowing us to keep the option of moving open.

Making the Stacey West bigger doesn't mean we are giving up hope of ever moving.

As it stands I believe it is short to a medium-term solution, allowing us to keep the option of moving open.

And as I said, "unlikely", not ruled out...