Stacey West Expansion | Page 10 | Vital Football

Stacey West Expansion

Looking forward to seeing it and the rest of the bank full when we are allowed 100% attendance. Hopefully that will be before 2030

A bit of a surprise but not a bad timing: comparatively short lead ins, minimal disruption, grants potentially available.

A structural engineer will have the benefit of ground surveys, so guess full working drawings including services are prepared. For grant funding utilising the likes of Sport England you usually need to be “shovel ready”: that is having three competitive quotes and able to start within circa 3/4 months.

Good news if we are going to crack on with this improvement.

The sooner we get it the better, I mean now’s the time I wish we’d built a Darlington style stadium, that way 25% capacity could have got us all in ......

As announced in January, no work will start before the summer of 2021 at the earliest.

For an onsite start of summer 2021 the detailed work would need to start now, with a view to tendering the project straight after Christmas

I concur its a wise move to push forward with this now, assuming the funding has been agreed/lined up. The construction industry is struggling at the moment and tender returns are likely to be very favourable to the client delivering excellent VfM. Depending how everything pans out with the economy in general, it may be possible to get the development built at little more than cost, which would be a great outcome.

Last edited:
For an onsite start of summer 2021 the detailed work would need to start now, with a view to tendering the project straight after Christmas

I concur its a wise move to push forward with this now, assuming the funding has been agreed/lined up. The construction industry is struggling at the moment and tender returns are likely to be very favourable to the client delivering excellent VfM. Depending how everything pans out with the economy in general, it may be possible to get the development built at little more than cost, which would be a great outcome.

I was told a little while back that they've already put out it to tender.

It makes sense to put out the tender to get costs for the grants process. The appointment of tender only applys when you have the funding in place and is subject to fluctuations of market

Looks alright, though I notice there are posts holding the roof up. Hopefully be ready in time for when we visit, 21-22 season!

As a matter of interest, will they give us all the stand, or will they split it? I personally think that it would be a big mistake to split it, given what's gone on in recent derbies.

Are their any plans to extend it further, round the open corner, to join up to the Selenity stand?

Looks alright, though I notice there are posts holding the roof up. Hopefully be ready in time for when we visit, 21-22 season!

As a matter of interest, will they give us all the stand, or will they split it? I personally think that it would be a big mistake to split it, given what's gone on in recent derbies.

Are their any plans to extend it further, round the open corner, to join up to the Selenity stand?

It's a make do, semi temporary fix using the existing foundations and frontage with an extension and infrastructure added to the back. Different games resulted in either turning away visiting fans, home fans or a mix of both which is why it made sense to go for a stand that can do both depending on the opponents.

Costs and existing foundations preclude a cantilever, especially as no decision has been made yet on whether we stay at The LNER/Sincil Bank or move to a new ground.
I imagine The SAG will have the final say on the breakdown of who gets to use it on a game by game basis. There are no plans to link it to The Selenity and if we do ultimately stay I expect that the Selenity would be replaced with a full length jewel in the crown as the club's main purpose built modern stand.

It's a make do, semi temporary fix using the existing foundations and frontage with an extension and infrastructure added to the back. Different games resulted in either turning away visiting fans, home fans or a mix of both which is why it made sense to go for a stand that can do both depending on the opponents.

Costs and existing foundations preclude a cantilever, especially as no decision has been made yet on whether we stay at The LNER/Sincil Bank or move to a new ground.
I imagine The SAG will have the final say on the breakdown of who gets to use it on a game by game basis. There are no plans to link it to The Selenity and if we do ultimately stay I expect that the Selenity would be replaced with a full length jewel in the crown as the club's main purpose built modern stand.

Good summary. My own view is that it pretty much future-proofs SB, relatively cheaply.

When are you expecting the next Derby to be? :lol: