Stacey West Expansion | Page 3 | Vital Football

Stacey West Expansion

A minority on here have long been behind the need to grow capacity on the existing site by a small margin and this proposal (incremental increase in capacity) is going in that very direction so i welcome the planning application.

Nice one Mr Nates.

And it seems it's exactly the way forward that we identified on here last summer, start behind the SW with minimum disruption.

Excellent really pleased with this development and I hope it goes ahead. Really feels like the club is continuing to strive forward doesn't it?

I see the produced image is no a million miles away from what I cobbled up a few months ago.

Attachments

• Stacey West doubled 3.jpg
    Stacey West doubled 3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 57
By the looks of the plans it may allow ingress / egress from the area behind the current sw toilets. Which potentially coild free up the gates currently used by the SW which could result in the Sw / echo stand gap to have seating if required.

Also the inclusion of office space in the sw could provide the flexibility to vacate the echo stand to allow it to be developed / knocked down
good points. which would indicate that the expansion has been thought through as a possible 2, 3, 4 stage process. rather than just looking at the stacey west in isolation.

Should look impressive when full. Credit to Sam Pearse.

KVUtLI5.png

dQxtNDO.png

Hopefully a shoe in for PP and we'll be able to start work before the end of the season and get it open for August?
Clive said a week or so ago that it wouldn't happen before close season 2021 at the earliest. Don't forget this is only an application for planning permission.

It’s possible that this will be one of those semi temporary type stands as at Blackpool for example which would explain the pillars. If it is permanent I really would hope a cantilever roof was used. There really shouldn’t be posts blocking the view this day and age. Other than that it’s exciting news.

Good to see that the rake of the stand appears to get steeper in the new section. Looks to have been well thought out internally and should provide an improved atmosphere and view for the fans. Pity about the pillars but if only regarded as a medium term solution guess it has to be built to a tight budget. Might need better weather protection at the sides.

TBH after this we've only got to find a way to replace the Selinity with a state of the art corporate beast with room for the club infrastructure and we have our (mainly) modern 15000 ground that is fit for purpose. That has to be more efficient and many millions cheaper than a full relocation surely? Even Brentford with their ambition and an investment of over 100M into the club have capped their new ground around 18,000 if IRC.