Stacey West Expansion | Page 2 | Vital Football

Stacey West Expansion

stacey west is currently 12 rows of seats for 2000 in total
so an extra 1500 seats would be another 9 rows

a step in the right direction, although, wasn't expecting to see vertical supports.

Looks okay to me, especially with the red seats in - capacity up to 11,800 so more than enough to keep us going.

Just hope the new stadium is built before I reach 60yo ???

From reading the full planning statement it would go from 1944 to 3400, though says it would be higher if as pictured it was created as safe standing.

The plans for underneath look look well thought out (as you'd expect) and gives a full split for concourse areas so you can either open up for a full away end (unlikely) or easily split if shared between home and away fans (likely).

Looking at it, I bet the plan is to move the Trust, Education, Academy and Community across there into the concourse areas and that presumably opens up some funding via grants.

EDIT - Also safe standing rails in the top tier?

With regard to the possibility of either moving to a new ground or redeveloping other parts of Sincil Bank I think the following extract from the Supporting Planning Statement is relevant (emphasis added by me):

'...the Applicant has decided that redeveloping the current stadium represents the best option to meet demands in the short term. In the longer term, plans to relocate or undertake substantial development at the current Site have yet to be finalised. Specifically, redevelopment will be focused upon the stadium’s north stand, The Stacey-West Stand.'

What is the current capacity at SB? Did Liam say it was up to around 10,300-10,400 due to putting more seats in the Echo and others dotted around?

A steady move in the right direction. As stated, potentially gives a bit of contingency for a potential future larger project on the St Andrew's side.

Would be good to see a cantilever roof in this day and age though (or just posts at either end with supporting steelwork).

What is the current capacity at SB? Did Liam say it was up to around 10,300-10,400 due to putting more seats in the Echo and others dotted around?

Was the 10,264 at the Sunderland game before 100-ish new seats were added in the Co-op from the previous gantry area?

I say build and make it safe standing. Ask the 617 to create a better version of Exeter’s home end while increasing the capacity even further.

Hopefully a shoe in for PP and we'll be able to start work before the end of the season and get it open for August?