Squad Refresh | Page 3 | Vital Football

Squad Refresh

So now this is the squad that DW is going with what is your strongest 11? (Including Aarons, Rashica and Omobamidele as they are still here).

I mean we don't have a defensive midfielders, a good left back, a strong forward.

I started my 11 and the midfield is a worry because if we play the 4-4-2 or the 4-2-3-1 that DW likes then our midfield will get over run and DW is missing a trick not signing a holding/defensive midfielder. Sara and Nunez in the middle = overrun, McLean and Gibbs = overrun, Sorensen and another = overrun. any combination for me = overrun if playing two of those.

The left back is a real worry. All I read on Ink un around mumba is he is a wing back and is better attacking than defensive duties, but is it just me or does that sound the same for Giannoulis and McCallum.

Upfront no skilful attacking midfielder and no goalscoring forward.

I am worried.

So now this is the squad that DW is going with what is your strongest 11? (Including Aarons, Rashica and Omobamidele as they are still here).

I mean we don't have a defensive midfielders, a good left back, a strong forward.

I started my 11 and the midfield is a worry because if we play the 4-4-2 or the 4-2-3-1 that DW likes then our midfield will get over run and DW is missing a trick not signing a holding/defensive midfielder. Sara and Nunez in the middle = overrun, McLean and Gibbs = overrun, Sorensen and another = overrun. any combination for me = overrun if playing two of those.

The left back is a real worry. All I read on Ink un around mumba is he is a wing back and is better attacking than defensive duties, but is it just me or does that sound the same for Giannoulis and McCallum.

Upfront no skilful attacking midfielder and no goalscoring forward.

I am worried.
With the players he has, I think he will have to go 3-5-2

Ink un reporter Seaman not that impressed with DW saying transfers all done.

Says it's interesting that DW wanted a big refresh and all we have is one more singing that last season. Says we were expecting more than five incomings. This is basically same squad of players who struggled last season and finished 13th but have lost Pukki and Dowell who were the best of the bunch. This squad needs to bridge a very big gap to get anywhere near the top 6

Close thinks that Fassnacht will fly at this level if DW plays him in the Emi role as an attacking midfielder.

But we know this is Norwich and it's DW. he'll play him as a left winger or something like that .

It's one of the problems he had to deal with because he seems keen on Barnes and Sargent playing so no space for an attacking midfielder and it's limited space for the others.

So DW has said that the squad needs trimming well lets see it now with the likes of rashica, tzolis, Aarons

GK:

Gunn
Krul
Reyes

DR:

Stacey
Fisher

DL:

McCallum
Giannoulis

DC:

Duffy
Gibson
Omobamidele
Hanley (out until late Jan 2024)
Tompkinson (Out until around late September)

MR/ATTR:

Onel
Rowe
Fassnacht

ML/ATTL:

Springett
Placheta

Sainz (out until late September/October)

MC/ATTC:

McLean

Sorensen (Out for unknown time)
Sara
Nunez
Gibbs

FWD:

Idah
Sargent
Barnes

oh dear - we never could score - forward line dont look impressive
Midfield might be ok - but wheres the big guy? Lots of pissing around just put of the final third it seems
Defence - a hell of a lot on Gibbo and Oma with no Forbes powerhouse, newbies defence wings a bit of an unknown
Guess we'll find out Saturday - here's hoping its not all doom and gloom - at least its at home

The thing is we know Norwich and the luck they have - you watch we will get an injury to someone like Barnes, Stacey, Duffy and we will be up shit creek and the club will probably not act and sign some one new.