Squad Refresh | Vital Football

Squad Refresh

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
So I thought I'd do one of these as I tend to every end of season.

I've put full 1st team and u21players who've been on the fringe.

This is what I would do.

GK:

----1st-------
Krul - Sell - last year of contract but lets sell for as much as we can now.
Gunn - Keep
McGovern - Contract up - RELEASE
McCracken - Keep and make number two

------U21-----
Mair - Keep
Barden - Keep and between him and Mair go for third place and then loan the other.

Gunn will be number one but let's save a bit of cash here and get some of the numerous GK we have in the youth to fight for that number 1 spot. McCracken, Mair and Barden have all impressed out on loan and all look the part. Time to use the academy. I had heard that Mair was wanting a move back to Scotland to get more first team action, but let's see.

In: 0
Out: 3
Money made - hopefully on Krul

DEFENDERS

DR:

----1st------
Aarons - Sell - It is time especially with his deal up next summer
Mumba - Keep
Byram - Release - as much as I like him I just fear the older he gets the more time he'll be out.

So for me we need a new right back to fight with Mumba for the starting position.

In: 1
Out: 2
Money Made: hopefully on Aarons.

DL:

----1st-----
Giannoulis - Sell
McCallum - Keep

------U21-----
Stewart - Loan

Money made: hopefully on Giannoulis

I have not tried to hide the fact that I am no fan of Giannoulis. He isn't a good defender and he is often targeted when playing. The fact McLean and Sorensen do better at left back than he does says a lot. Rumours that Roma were interested last summer and 6 million was touted makes me hopeful we could still sell now but at a lower price. McCallum also isn't the best but out of the two I like him more and I couldn't imagine selling both left backs. McCallum also has a great cross on him. Stewart has a year left on his contract so maybe loan out until Jan and see how it goes.

DC:

----1st----
Gibson - Sell
Hanley - Keep - No one will buy him as he is out until December/January
Omobamidele - Keep
Tompkinson - Keep

------U21-----
Shipley - Keep
Warner - Loan
Hills - Loan

In: 2
Money made: Hopefully something from Gibson

We will be down to two central defenders with Gibson leaving and Hanley possibly out until January. I would suggest we sign an experienced leader at the back, sign another central defender who know this league or has experienced League 1. Then promote left footed Shipley. I am not confident with 4 central defenders so for insurance keep him around just incase. Loan Warner and Hills out to get some experience. When Hanley returns loan in January look to loan Shipley out too. A must is that one or both the new central defenders are left footed. Another reason I'd keep Shipley around.

MIDFIELD

MC:

----1st----

Hayden - Return - I know rumours are that Newcastle will sell for next to nothing but its a no from me.
Sorensen - Keep

McLean - Keep - He isn't going anywhere so why fight it.
Nunez - Keep
Sara - Sell - if the rumours of £30 million are true then. take it
Gibbs - Keep

------U21-----
Riley - Loan
Welch - Keep

Money made: if an offer comes in for Sara at the rumoured rate then yes.

If no offer comes in for Sara that is a decent amount then don't sell, but I think Sara will be pushing for a move. We will need a new defensive midfielder and a new creative type too. I have heard so much positive stuff about young Finley Welch. He is a hard tackling defensive midfielder. Call him up and give him a go. If we sign a new defensive midfielder then maybe then look to either loan Welch out of move back to u21s.

ATT ML:

----1st----

Placheta - Sell - I like him but I think his time is up
Hernandez - Keep
Tzolis - Keep - I know most will sell but I'd give him one more full season
Springett - Keep
Martin - Release - I am not sure if he has already been released

Money made: hopefully some from selling Placheta

With the three we keep that should be enough. Springiest impressed Derby boss but got his injury at the wrong time.

ATT MR:

----1st----

Rashica - Sell
Marquinhos - Return
Rowe - Keep

Money made: Hopefully from Rashica

Rowe needs a preseason injury free if not then make it two players needed. We would need another winger to offer us another option other than Rowe. The fact Onel and Springett can play on the right too is good but I much prefer an actual right footed player on the right wing.

ATT MC:

----1st----

Dowell - Release
Sinani - Release

-----U21-----

Clarke - Loan

Money made: nope

We will have no number 10s/ Attacking Midfielders at the club after this and that is what we need to help the front men. We have never replaced Eli and we need to. So go out and sign some.

ST:

----1st----

Idah - Loan
Pukki - Release
Sargent - Keep
Kamara - Loan

-----U21-----

Dickson-Peters - Release

Out: 4
Money in: only from loan fees otherwise - nope

For me we need to loan out Kamara to get experience and time on the pitch. Idah I just don't rate as a main forward for us and him sitting on the bench doesn't help, He has 4 years with us so get him a loan to build confidence and come back better. Pukki is going. That will leave us with just one forward. Go and buy a player who has done it in the championship/league 1 and then loan another so that when I dah comes back we aren't overloaded. Maybe get a youngster from the premiership or abroad.

So from the 1st team I would sell/release/remove: 16 players - that is a good clear out.

I would then bring in 11. two of these can be loans. plus bring in 3 youth players into the mix to give it a refresh.

Anyway what would you guys do?

Impressive Bears what a cleanout - but you missed the four at the top!

Yep we really do need to get in freshness and new enthusiasm and not regurgitate the been there done that didnt work brigade for an umpteenth time.

DW's not done much since he's been here and now is the poorest show, thats now three managers with this similiar crew and similiar results - actually I feel Farke was the best of them. So down to signings - great prospects, little return.

Our style of play is methodic and easily recognised and oppos have taken effective measures to nullify us and that's at Champ level - Prems a whole new ball game - they could play their reserve sides and still wind us up.

The dilemma is who to get in - Prem has beens coming down a bit risky, unknowns coming up probably more risky, promoted discards not a bad bet if they played a lot of games in the promotion run, overseas who knows seems a bit of a lottery and settling in woes. There are good players in other national sides that should fit a champ level so that might be worth exploring.

Sara - probably give him the benefit of the doubt - should be better next year but is he being played right?

One thing for any new player is they cant be injured to start with or prone to injury and these requirements off laid by cheapness - its got us nowhere.

If we actually managed to get promoted by some quirky means ( I reckon in the final the oppo would be more up for it than us and we'd get beat) then a cleanout / retain would really give us big but different issues and the pay grades would increase for a self managed and sustained club in debt. We really would need the American to step up or ship him out too and replace him with committed money for the team, not just the background.

Scary whichever way, but the roulette wheels turning faster every day that passes just the coloured ball hasnt been thrown yet

Hopefully coloured, as white's surrender

So I thought I'd do one of these as I tend to every end of season.

I've put full 1st team and u21players who've been on the fringe.

This is what I would do.

GK:

----1st-------
Krul - Sell - last year of contract but lets sell for as much as we can now.
Gunn - Keep
McGovern - Contract up - RELEASE
McCracken - Keep and make number two

------U21-----
Mair - Keep
Barden - Keep and between him and Mair go for third place and then loan the other.

Gunn will be number one but let's save a bit of cash here and get some of the numerous GK we have in the youth to fight for that number 1 spot. McCracken, Mair and Barden have all impressed out on loan and all look the part. Time to use the academy. I had heard that Mair was wanting a move back to Scotland to get more first team action, but let's see.

Money made - hopefully on Krul

DEFENDERS

DR:

----1st------
Aarons - Sell - It is time especially with his deal up next summer
Mumba - Keep
Byram - Release - as much as I like him I just fear the older he gets the more time he'll be out.

So for me we need a new right back to fight with Mumba for the starting position.

Money Made: hopefully on Aarons.

DL:

----1st-----
Giannoulis - Sell
McCallum - Keep

------U21-----
Stewart - Loan

Money made: hopefully on Giannoulis

I have not tried to hide the fact that I am no fan of Giannoulis. He isn't a good defender and he is often targeted when playing. The fact McLean and Sorensen do better at left back than he does says a lot. Rumours that Roma were interested last summer and 6 million was touted makes me hopeful we could still sell now but at a lower price. McCallum also isn't the best but out of the two I like him more and I couldn't imagine selling both left backs. McCallum also has a great cross on him. Stewart has a year left on his contract so maybe loan out until Jan and see how it goes.

DC:

----1st----
Gibson - Sell
Hanley - Keep - No one will buy him as he is out until December/January
Omobamidele - Keep
Tompkinson - Keep

------U21-----
Shipley - Keep
Warner - Loan
Hills - Loan

Money made: Hopefully something from Gibson

We will be down to two central defenders with Gibson leaving and Hanley possibly out until January. I would suggest we sign an experienced leader at the back, sign another central defender who know this league or has experienced League 1. Then promote left footed Shipley. I am not confident with 4 central defenders so for insurance keep him around just incase. Loan Warner and Hills out to get some experience. When Hanley returns loan in January look to loan Shipley out too. A must is that one or both the new central defenders are left footed. Another reason I'd keep Shipley around.

MIDFIELD

MC:

----1st----

Hayden - Return - I know rumours are that Newcastle will sell for next to nothing but its a no from me.
Sorensen - Keep

McLean - Keep - He isn't going anywhere so why fight it.
Nunez - Keep
Sara - Sell - if the rumours of £30 million are true then. take it
Gibbs - Keep

------U21-----
Riley - Loan
Welch - Keep

Money made: if an offer comes in for Sara at the rumoured rate then yes.

If no offer comes in for Sara that is a decent amount then don't sell, but I think Sara will be pushing for a move. We will need a new defensive midfielder and a new creative type too. I have heard so much positive stuff about young Finley Welch. He is a hard tackling defensive midfielder. Call him up and give him a go. If we sign a new defensive midfielder then maybe then look to either loan Welch out of move back to u21s.

ATT ML:

----1st----

Placheta - Sell - I like him but I think his time is up
Hernandez - Keep
Tzolis - Keep - I know most will sell but I'd give him one more full season
Springett - Keep
Martin - Release - I am not sure if he has already been released

Money made: hopefully some from selling Placheta

With the three we keep that should be enough. Springiest impressed Derby boss but got his injury at the wrong time.

ATT MR:

----1st----

Rashica - Sell
Marquinhos - Return
Rowe - Keep

Money made: Hopefully from Rashica

Rowe needs a preseason injury free if not then make it two players needed. We would need another winger to offer us another option other than Rowe. The fact Onel and Springett can play on the right too is good but I much prefer an actual right footed player on the right wing.

ATT MC:

----1st----

Dowell - Release
Sinani - Release

-----U21-----

Clarke - Loan

Money made: nope

We will have no number 10s/ Attacking Midfielders at the club after this and that is what we need to help the front men. We have never replaced Eli and we need to. So go out and sign some.

ST:

----1st----

Idah - Loan
Pukki - Release
Sargent - Keep
Kamara - Loan

-----U21-----

Dickson-Peters - Release

Out: 4
Money in: only from loan fees otherwise - nope

For me we need to loan out Kamara to get experience and time on the pitch. Idah I just don't rate as a main forward for us and him sitting on the bench doesn't help, He has 4 years with us so get him a loan to build confidence and come back better. Pukki is going. That will leave us with just one forward. Go and buy a player who has done it in the championship/league 1 and then loan another so that when I dah comes back we aren't overloaded. Maybe get a youngster from the premiership or abroad.

So from the 1st team I would sell/release/remove: 16 players - that is a good clear out.

I would then bring in 11. two of these can be loans. plus bring in 3 youth players into the mix to give it a refresh.

Anyway what would you guys do?

Spot on Bears. Great work.

I only wish the club would do as you have brilliantly suggested Bears …. But whilever the club are giving out generous contracts out to two time total losers then I don’t see much of a refresh . Number one to be shown the door in my book is a two time loser McCrap

Apparently Arrons and Omobamidele are to be sold to refresh the squad . Ha ha ….. what a joke of a club . I thought Omo was the future , not Hanley and shitty Gibson . I think the sales will be used by Doddering Delia to keep herself in power at the club while we put up with our best players being sold and Webber getting a load of crap players in.

Apparently Arrons and Omobamidele are to be sold to refresh the squad . Ha ha ….. what a joke of a club . I thought Omo was the future , not Hanley and shitty Gibson . I think the sales will be used by Doddering Delia to keep herself in power at the club while we put up with our best players being sold and Webber getting a load of crap players in.

Prob around the 30m for those two......Good spending money.

Prob around the 30m for those two......Good spending money.
Omobamidele has interest from AC Milan. From Championship to Champions League and possible league titles - I can see why we wouldn't stand in his way plus the fee of £20 million with add ons is really tempting. I haven't rated Omobamidele as he is still really raw but can see the potential. Aarons has around £10 million asking price - so as FFL writes £30 million is nice for the transfer kitty (if it goes to the transfer budget). That is before any monies we can make from Krul, Placheta, Giannoulis, Rashica, Gibson and Maddison sale.

We can't go into the season with Gibson, Tompkinson, Hanley (out for months) and a new player. We have to bring in new central defenders to add to Tompkinson.

It is okay we have Idah, McLean and Onel.

Also, the club will be searching for injury prone players as we speak, so don't worry.

Seriously though I hope the club will have the forwards down to a shortlist. They have known that Pukki will leave for a while now and can see that Kamara and Idah is not the answer.