Squad Refresh | Page 2 | Vital Football

Squad Refresh

A friend of mine was saying he thinks Sargent put so much effort in to get his World Cup call up and that is why he did so well but since then his performances dropped.

I think that is a little bit of it, but his injury during the World Cup didn't help. He also picked up another since then and came back looking weaker.

It also didn't help that he was scoring goals as the lone forward then was moved back to right wing and then as the number 10 behind Pukki.

Play the guy as a forward. I like Sargent but I am still not convinced he is the guy to bang in 20 goals a season like Teemu was.

Gibbs wins young player of the season.

Sara wins player of the season ----- sell him now!

Says a lot about the season that he won it. He has been decent but like most in the last few months he has dropped off and been very inconsistent. Also Mclean came second - that's how good this season has been.

The club is trying to make out it’s got better players than we actually have . I haven’t seen any player of the season performances out on the pitch for over two years now

The club is trying to make out it’s got better players than we actually have . I haven’t seen any player of the season performances out on the pitch for over two years now
If anyone offers more than a million for our players I'd be happy

Confirmed by the club...

Dowell
McGovern
Byram

All released when their deals expire in june

Josh Martin released as well if I'm honest I thought he went at the start of the season. He always looked good but it seems he had a falling out of some kind with DS

Loan players Hayden and Marquinos returning to their parent clubs . What a total waste of money those two were . Thanks Webber
Never should have got rid of Ramsey for Marquinhos.

Obviously Ramsey was pissed off with the club still - you could see in his celebrations. Seems like it hasn't been a very happy place. Let us hope any players leaving take the bad blood with them.

The Ipswich players look well up for next season and playing us.

Sounds like Krul is sticking around and will just leave at the end of his deal in Summer 2024.

Posted about looking forward to next season and working with new team mates and saying bye to old ones. He did also mention that a lot of staff members are leaving too - it is not just players being cleared out.

I wonder who in the staffing department will be going - maybe an Ed Wootten.

On another post Krul had messaged Barnes on his instagram account with green and yellow hearts - barnes liked it - So are we looking forward to a front line of Barnes, Idah and Sargent next season......

Sounds like Krul is sticking around and will just leave at the end of his deal in Summer 2024.

Posted about looking forward to next season and working with new team mates and saying bye to old ones. He did also mention that a lot of staff members are leaving too - it is not just players being cleared out.

I wonder who in the staffing department will be going - maybe an Ed Wootten.

On another post Krul had messaged Barnes on his instagram account with green and yellow hearts - barnes liked it - So are we looking forward to a front line of Barnes, Idah and Sargent next season......

I hope not

I have no problem with Krul sticking around for another season. He is a decent back up and from the outside looks like a good one to having in the dressing room.

Not excited by Barnes though. This is taking me back to the late 90's/ early to mid 00's.

Norwich have lost their second analyst in the space of two months.

performance analyst Dan Smith has left to join Wolves. He has been with us since 2016.

Josh Appleyard left us to join Newcastle two months back.

so I thought I would do an update as we are around 3 weeks away from Hull.

We were told the squad would be a total overhaul and would look very different well to me it looks the same as it did at the end of the season:

GK:

Gunn, Reyes, Krul

DR:

Stacey, Mumba, Aarons (on way out)

DL:

McCallum, Giannoulis

DC:

Omobamidele, Tompkinson, Duffy, Gibson, Hanley (out until late jan 24)

MC:

Gibbs, McLean, Sara, Nunez, Sorensen

ATT ML:

Placheta, Tzolis, Springett, Sainz (out for 3 months)

ATT MR:

Hernandez, Rowe

ATT MC:

ATT:

Sargent, Kamara, Barnes, Idah

Doesn't shout - top 6 to me - how do you feel about the squad?

so I thought I would do an update as we are around 3 weeks away from Hull.

We were told the squad would be a total overhaul and would look very different well to me it looks the same as it did at the end of the season:

GK:

Gunn, Reyes, Krul

DR:

Stacey, Mumba, Aarons (on way out)

DL:

McCallum, Giannoulis

DC:

Omobamidele, Tompkinson, Duffy, Gibson, Hanley (out until late jan 24)

MC:

Gibbs, McLean, Sara, Nunez, Sorensen

ATT ML:

Placheta, Tzolis, Springett, Sainz (out for 3 months)

ATT MR:

Hernandez, Rowe

ATT MC:

ATT:

Sargent, Kamara, Barnes, Idah

Doesn't shout - top 6 to me - how do you feel about the squad?
More like bottom 6