🚺 Spurs Women | Page 3 | Vital Football

🚺 Spurs Women

I read this on BBC Football a few minutes ago. It is a step forward and it will be interesting to see who picks the ball up and runs with it.

I imagine equal pay for internation games has to happen fairly soon.

PL/WSL .... might be a good while before there's equal pay at club level .... if ever.
It's a good that the men have agreed to a 25% reduction to help facilitate the change, that is never going to happen at club level though. It's my understanding that England players donate their fee to charity.

Quote from BBC this morning ....

Tottenham Hotspur have completed the signing of midfielder Mana Iwabuchi on loan from Women's Super League rivals Arsenal.
The Japan international midfielder, 29, has moved to Spurs for the rest of the season.

Iwabuchi joined Arsenal in summer 2021 after a short spell at Aston Villa.
However, she has made just three WSL appearances this season and moves to Tottenham seeking first-team action ahead of this summer's World Cup.
Iwabuchi has scored 37 goals in 85 games for Japan and played a key role in their 2011 World Cup win, and is aiming to be in the squad for the 2023 tournament in Australia and New Zealand.

She moved to English football with Villa in December 2020 from Japanese football, having previously played for Bayern Munich where she won the 2014-15 Frauen-Bundesliga.
Iwabuchi will wear the number 20 shirt for Tottenham, and becomes the club's second major signing of the winter transfer window, following the arrival of striker Bethany England for a reported WSL-record fee from Chelsea.

Spurs will hope their big-name signings can provoke an upturn in fortunes, as they have lost their last five league matches.

Following the 2-1 defeat against Aston Villa on Saturday, they are eighth in the table with nine points from 10 games.

Quote from BBC this morning ....

Tottenham Hotspur have completed the signing of midfielder Mana Iwabuchi on loan from Women's Super League rivals Arsenal.
The Japan international midfielder, 29, has moved to Spurs for the rest of the season.

Iwabuchi joined Arsenal in summer 2021 after a short spell at Aston Villa.
However, she has made just three WSL appearances this season and moves to Tottenham seeking first-team action ahead of this summer's World Cup.
Iwabuchi has scored 37 goals in 85 games for Japan and played a key role in their 2011 World Cup win, and is aiming to be in the squad for the 2023 tournament in Australia and New Zealand.

She moved to English football with Villa in December 2020 from Japanese football, having previously played for Bayern Munich where she won the 2014-15 Frauen-Bundesliga.
Iwabuchi will wear the number 20 shirt for Tottenham, and becomes the club's second major signing of the winter transfer window, following the arrival of striker Bethany England for a reported WSL-record fee from Chelsea.

Spurs will hope their big-name signings can provoke an upturn in fortunes, as they have lost their last five league matches.

Following the 2-1 defeat against Aston Villa on Saturday, they are eighth in the table with nine points from 10 games.
Good experience by the sound of it, we definitely needed upgrading in midfield. Our first half at Villa was very poor but improved greatly in the second half with Summanen being introduced, couldn't understand why she didn't start but it was explained after the game that she hasn't been fully fit so was being used sparingly.

We are at home to Leicester this Sunday 2nd Jan at 2:00pm, the away side have only one win this season in their last game so I am expecting a good performance and a comfortable win.

Match postponed due to a frozen pitch.
I watched Villa v City last night. It looks like Villa have far greater aspirations than we do at the moment. I think you mentioned how well they've done bringing in new players, TQ. They may be on track to sit in fifth position for some time and bridge the gap between the top four and the rest.

I watched Villa v City last night. It looks like Villa have far greater aspirations than we do at the moment. I think you mentioned how well they've done bringing in new players, TQ. They may be on track to sit in fifth position for some time and bridge the gap between the top four and the rest.
Yep, they are showing fare more ambition than we are and it's not costing a fortune to do it, that's what annoys me. Won't be long before one or two more overtake us as well. Seems like the whole club is going backwards at the moment. :(

Spurs are at home to Chelsea in the league cup on Wednesday 25th, kick off 19.45. The match will be available to watch live on The FA Player.

Not a surprising result but Spurs did score the best goal of the game.
Yes, we played really well for about 70 minutes against a very strong Chelsea team, I thought they might put out a weakened side but they didn't. Spence did score the best goal but to be honest did little else in the game and I still don't see the point of Ubogagu, I haven't seen anything from her in a Spurs shirt that suggests she has played for the likes of Barcelona in the past.

Iwabuchi looks like a good addition to our midfield alongside Summanen but you can see we are still lacking an advanced midfielder to create chances for England.

Yes, we played really well for about 70 minutes against a very strong Chelsea team, I thought they might put out a weakened side but they didn't. Spence did score the best goal but to be honest did little else in the game and I still don't see the point of Ubogagu, I haven't seen anything from her in a Spurs shirt that suggests she has played for the likes of Barcelona in the past.

Iwabuchi looks like a good addition to our midfield alongside Summanen but you can see we are still lacking an advanced midfielder to create chances for England.
I only saw the goals .... for some reason I couldn't connect with FA Player. I'll have to look into that!
Because they have such a solid squad I was hoping Mary Fowler might look to play elsewhere if she didn't get enough game time at City. Spurs would be a good option for her. I think City intend bringing her along slowly, but ....?

I only saw the goals .... for some reason I couldn't connect with FA Player. I'll have to look into that!
Because they have such a solid squad I was hoping Mary Fowler might look to play elsewhere if she didn't get enough game time at City. Spurs would be a good option for her. I think City intend bringing her along slowly, but ....?

The full match is available to replay in the Videos section if you can get connected.

Tough game for Spurs in the womens FA cup on Sunday, we face the London City Lionesses who are currently top of the championship. Their manager quit this week to take up a position with the City Angels in LA, not sure how this might affect their game. The match is apparently being shown by the BBC, I'm guessing online only as it doesn't appear in the TV channel listings. Kick off is at midday UK time.

Tough game for Spurs in the womens FA cup on Sunday, we face the London City Lionesses who are currently top of the championship. Their manager quit this week to take up a position with the City Angels in LA, not sure how this might affect their game. The match is apparently being shown by the BBC, I'm guessing online only as it doesn't appear in the TV channel listings. Kick off is at midday UK time.
The women need a couple of wins to build some confidence. A Cup win will certainly help.

Comfortable win after a nervy few minutes at the start of the match. You can see why the Lionesses are top of the championship, they a few players who look better than some we currently have.

Hi
Comfortable win after a nervy few minutes at the start of the match. You can see why the Lionesses are top of the championship, they a few players who look better than some we currently have.
Hi TQ .... I've only seen the highlights on YouTube. It looked like Spurs could have scored another five.
Question: I've fixed the FA Player problem but when do the replays appear? I couldn't find the Spurs or Chelsea games when I clicked on 'videos' so I thought there might be a time delay but I'm not sure why that would be if they show the matches live in the first place.

Hi

Hi TQ .... I've only seen the highlights on YouTube. It looked like Spurs could have scored another five.
Question: I've fixed the FA Player problem but when do the replays appear? I couldn't find the Spurs or Chelsea games when I clicked on 'videos' so I thought there might be a time delay but I'm not sure why that would be if they show the matches live in the first place.
Hi Geof, I think the issue might have been that you were in the default WSL page of videos, you will also need to select the Continental League Cup option along the top menu bar. The full match video should be in the second row down. That is for the Chelsea game, I can't see the Lionesses game, they don't appear to have recent women's FA cup games available under 'Vitality FA Cup' heading but if you select 'Emirates FA Cup' there are quite a few recent men's games.

Last edited:
Hi Geof, I think the issue might have been that you were in the default WSL page of videos, you will also need to select the Continental League Cup option along the top menu bar. The full match video should be in the second row down. That is for the Chelsea game, I can't see the Lionesses game, they don't appear to have recent women's FA cup games available under 'Vitality FA Cup' heading but if you select 'Emirates FA Cup' there are quite a few recent men's games.
Cheers TQ. I have looked in all the comps along the top bar but there were few games from the last week. I get all PL and WSL games on Optus so I haven't bothered with The Player much. All the Women's CL matches are well streamed on YouTube, but FA and League cup games are not so easy. Mind you we don't usually stay in them for long! lol