🚺 Spurs Women | Page 2 | Vital Football

🚺 Spurs Women

Villa have now signed Lucy Staniforth from Manu, they are going for it in a big way, would love to see similar ambition from our board, the record signing of Beth England by itself isn't going to make the difference we need to get closer to the big 4.

As TQ says ....
The WSL is back this weekend. Spurs play Aston Villa and there is a preview on THE FRONT PAGE for those interested (doesn't say much). Spurs are not enjoying a recent slump and need to find a way out of it …. hopefully this game is the way.

If anyone still does not ‘GET’ Women’s football (hard to imagine after the Euros) I suggest they watch the WSL game on Sunday between Chelsea and Arsenal. They are both the in-form teams in Europe at the moment. They both topped their CL group and they sit first and second on the WSL ladder. Football doesn’t always play out the way it’s supposed to but this game should be a cracker, and because of my ‘Aussie connection' to Chelsea I’ve been waiting for this one for months.

Gotta love football!

As TQ says ....
The WSL is back this weekend. Spurs play Aston Villa and there is a preview on THE FRONT PAGE for those interested (doesn't say much). Spurs are not enjoying a recent slump and need to find a way out of it …. hopefully this game is the way.

If anyone still does not ‘GET’ Women’s football (hard to imagine after the Euros) I suggest they watch the WSL game on Sunday between Chelsea and Arsenal. They are both the in-form teams in Europe at the moment. They both topped their CL group and they sit first and second on the WSL ladder. Football doesn’t always play out the way it’s supposed to but this game should be a cracker, and because of my ‘Aussie connection' to Chelsea I’ve been waiting for this one for months.

Gotta love football!
Not sure encouraging Spurs supporters to watch Chelsea v Arsenal in a women's game is the best way to promote the women's game Geof! I think it's still mostly down to you and me. I did think about doing a match thread but thought it would get lost among the NLD interest this weekend.

Not sure encouraging Spurs supporters to watch Chelsea v Arsenal in a women's game is the best way to promote the women's game Geof! I think it's still mostly down to you and me. I did think about doing a match thread but thought it would get lost among the NLD interest this weekend.
That's why I mentioned the front page preview. I guess you're right about the other game, but that game should show how far women's football has come. People will become interested if they see the quality of football .... it's less about the clubs and more about the football to begin with. Despite being one-eyed Spurs supporters by nature, we might still watch City v Pool in the PL because we enjoy football. But .... I take your point, mate.
Hope the women get a good result against Villa.

That's why I mentioned the front page preview. I guess you're right about the other game, but that game should show how far women's football has come. People will become interested if they see the quality of football .... it's less about the clubs and more about the football to begin with. Despite being one-eyed Spurs supporters by nature, we might still watch City v Pool in the PL because we enjoy football. But .... I take your point, mate.
Hope the women get a good result against Villa.
You're not wrong Geof, even the BBC sport website is promoting the Chelsea v Arsenal game with vigour despite the fact it's being shown by Sky while they have the Manu v Liverpool game which follows.

You're not wrong Geof, even the BBC sport website is promoting the Chelsea v Arsenal game with vigour despite the fact it's being shown by Sky while they have the Manu v Liverpool game which follows.
I read the other day that clubs are now realising how their women's teams can generate a great deal of money into the clubs. That could be a game-changer. Money, money, money .... talks!
And next year there is the Women's World Cup, which will raise the game's profile even further.

I read the other day that clubs are now realising how their women's teams can generate a great deal of money into the clubs. That could be a game-changer. Money, money, money .... talks!
And next year there is the Women's World Cup, which will raise the game's profile even further.
Isn't that being held across Aus and NZ Geof? Will you have the opportunity to get to any of the games?

Could be worse .... all the games are being shown free-to-air.
Spurs KO in 30 minutes
Yep....I'm on a 2 screen jobby with Villa Spurs on the TV and the Manc derby on the laptop! Not overly confident on our game, Villa have spent a lot on Jordan Nobbs and Lucy Staniforth, I'm not sure the signing of Beth England alone is going to be enough to improve our most recent results especially with Ashleigh Neville suspended for this one.

Yep....I'm on a 2 screen jobby with Villa Spurs on the TV and the Manc derby on the laptop! Not overly confident on our game, Villa have spent a lot on Jordan Nobbs and Lucy Staniforth, I'm not sure the signing of Beth England alone is going to be enough to improve our most recent results especially with Ashleigh Neville suspended for this one.
I'll watch the United/City game after Spurs, or in the morning. I'm interested to see how England goes. I forgot about Neville. That's a blow. Yes, Villa have improved but, it's football, anything can happen. Sometimes we expect a good game and get a shit game and sometimes it's the other way. Hope you enjoy both games.

Good to see England get off the mark quickly but our general play is dreadful.
England's goal came from a very good move .... the first one after 30 minutes. Hopefully Spence and England will form a partnership over the next few games.

I like Daly. I've seen her a few times and she always does something impressive. Pity Neville isn't there to help contain her.

Much better second half, got more control in midfield with Summanen. Don't know why we bought Ubogagu, never seen her put in a decent performance, not sure how she got to play or Barcelona.

Yes, Daly is the kind of quality we need adding to our squad.

The game between Arsenal and Chelsea showed how far the Women's game has to go to enjoy the support the men receive. The result was 1-1. there is no VAR in the WSL. If there had been VAR the result would have been 0-2 or 0-3. Arsenal were awarded a penalty for a foul that was committed OUTSIDE the box! Chelsea had two penalty appeals rejected .... one or both of them should have been given.

There is still a lot of work to do to improve Women's football but they will get there. All WSL clubs should be screaming for VAR support. I'm not sure if goal-line technology is available?

The game between Arsenal and Chelsea showed how far the Women's game has to go to enjoy the support the men receive. The result was 1-1. there is no VAR in the WSL. If there had been VAR the result would have been 0-2 or 0-3. Arsenal were awarded a penalty for a foul that was committed OUTSIDE the box! Chelsea had two penalty appeals rejected .... one or both of them should have been given.

There is still a lot of work to do to improve Women's football but they will get there. All WSL clubs should be screaming for VAR support. I'm not sure if goal-line technology is available?

My advice to the women would be to campaign to use VAR differently. Just use it alongside the rules and ignore the "clear and obvious" BS.

If they were brave they could prove to the stupid blokes in football how it should be done.

My advice to the women would be to campaign to use VAR differently. Just use it alongside the rules and ignore the "clear and obvious" BS.

If they were brave they could prove to the stupid blokes in football how it should be done.
The thing was that the commentator remarked, if this was the men's game the referee would be surrounded by players complaining. He said that's what he loved about the women's game .... they just got on with it. I love that too!