Spurs supporters trust reject meeting Levy... | Vital Football

Spurs supporters trust reject meeting Levy...

Spursex

Alert Team
Spurs fan group rejects proposed meeting with Daniel Levy

Updated / Tuesday, 4 May 2021 14:42

0013ec14-800.jpg

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust has rejected the opportunity for a meeting with club chairman Daniel Levy in the wake of the European Super League storm and reiterated the call for the board to resign.

Spurs were one of six Premier League teams to sign up for the ill-fated breakaway league, but were quickly forced to withdraw 48 hours later after significant backlash from fans, politicians and even royalty.

Over 90 per cent of THST members last month backed a motion for the club's executive board to resign following Spurs' involvement while also laying out plans for a protest at the final home game of the season against Aston Villa.

Liverpool's Spirit of Shankly supporters group has taken the opportunity to meet with the Reds' board this week, but THST does not want to engage with Levy at the current time.

"While we are continuing to work with club staff to ensure fans' interests are taken into account on such issues as ticketing and the return of supporters to grounds, there has been no communication with the club's board," a statement read.

"Part-owner Daniel Levy has offered a full board-to-board meeting, but we have made it clear that business as usual is not an option.

"We want to meet with the club's owners, and to clearly establish the basis for any meeting before it takes place."

The trust has compiled a six-point plan they want to see actioned to lead the club into a "new era".

The manifesto includes replacing the current executive board as a way of the club distancing itself from the ESL, the current board paying any fines as a result of their involvement in the breakaway, the club committing to fan consultation over none footballing matters and restructuring to a share ownership that would allow outside investment.

"We must do more than just voice our opposition to the current board and ownership," the statement added.

"This six-point plan gives supporters of Tottenham Hotspur something to unite behind, and a clear objective. It proposes solutions that are achievable.

"We invite the club's owners to meet with us to implement the six-point plan above. We believe successfully making these changes will enable us to secure the future for the club and the game that we all want to see."

This is where the THST has that epiphany, that rude awakening, about their over-inflated and ridiculous level of self-importance.

Should've just kept on as a vocal voice for the club. Attempting this type of actual influence is not gonna garner them any further long-term good will with the club certainly, and also with a large swath of fans.

dumb. dumb, dumb dumb.

Are there members of the THST that have enough expertise to actually come up with viable options. ?
Asking for a complete board change is a bit radical, is it necessary ?
Maybe Levy needs to step back, especially from manager appointments and signings.

Ticket pricing I would guess will be on the agenda but what are the alternative revenue streams to make up the shortfall ?

The right balance between being a viable business and pleasing the fans needs to be achieved. I'm not sure Levy has.

THST are deluded and in cloud cuckoo land frankly. They have no legs to stand on to make demands.

The only way Levy (or any owners for that matter) will let fans have an influence on how their investment is run is when / if the government forces them to.

Until then, the only other way to try and influence the owners would be to blockade and boycott the club by fans.

But on the positive side maybe this might Levy think, 'do I need this shit at my time of life?'..

The only way Levy (or any owners for that matter) will let fans have an influence on how their investment is run is when / if the government forces them to.

Until then, the only other way to try and influence the owners would be to blockade and boycott the club by fans.

But on the positive side maybe this might Levy think, 'do I need this shit at my time of life?'..
Completely agree Ex.

Do we? THST can do one.

If they want to make a point stop going to games, stop the Skysports, BT ect. Levy/ENIC will just laugh in your faces in these pointless meetings.

ENIC can't do no wrong in many peoples minds.

Crikey.
For once everyone seems to be in agreement.
This statement stinks of an old boys club mentality.
Jumpers for goalposts and a hot cup of bovril at the half time interval!

Well interesting that the Chav's under the Russian murders control say they are going to let in 3 fan observers onto their board...

Observing isn't influencing though. Sounds a bit 'token gesture' that only Chelsea fans are stupid enough to think is good.

I am not condoning what the Man Utd supporters did when they overstepped the line (Whatever the line is). However i understand their feelings in the same way i think the THST feel about ENIC. Crikey we complain about them enough on here. The ESL basically hit home that the owners of each and every club (Not just the 6 involved) are in it for the money. Anyone invited to join would have been mad to turn it down.

So the catalyst is the ESL but the owners and their 'We can do what we want attitude' needs addressing. How though? Well have you considered that without even breaking any laws as such they could probably bring the entire premier league to a standstill if the numbers involved at the Man Utd protest were duplicated. If all these supporters trusts got together and got a couple of games postponed every week the league would be on its knees without having to resort to criminal activities. It would be carnage if they decided to not let the opposition bus into the ground with a 'peaceful' demo. Anything and everything within the laws of peaceful protests could be used to disrupt football for weeks/months.

I said it when the ESL thing kicked off. I would rather see Spurs bankrupt and playing non league football than ride roughshod over every other team in the land. I believe the fans need to show their power to control football in this country and within the law fully support any protests.

I am not condoning what the Man Utd supporters did when they overstepped the line (Whatever the line is). However i understand their feelings in the same way i think the THST feel about ENIC. Crikey we complain about them enough on here. The ESL basically hit home that the owners of each and every club (Not just the 6 involved) are in it for the money. Anyone invited to join would have been mad to turn it down.

So the catalyst is the ESL but the owners and their 'We can do what we want attitude' needs addressing. How though? Well have you considered that without even breaking any laws as such they could probably bring the entire premier league to a standstill if the numbers involved at the Man Utd protest were duplicated. If all these supporters trusts got together and got a couple of games postponed every week the league would be on its knees without having to resort to criminal activities. It would be carnage if they decided to not let the opposition bus into the ground with a 'peaceful' demo. Anything and everything within the laws of peaceful protests could be used to disrupt football for weeks/months.

I said it when the ESL thing kicked off. I would rather see Spurs bankrupt and playing non league football than ride roughshod over every other team in the land. I believe the fans need to show their power to control football in this country and within the law fully support any protests.

Direct action can work, history has taught us that, but it has to be sustained and legal and it would have to be planned to hurt the owners, not the fans or the clubs reputation.

We do not need more protests like this. Let this get out of control and we'd never be able to stop it, the PL could be ruined for a decade or more.

Now, in particular, the fan-led review into football governance that is being overseen by the former sports minister Tracey Crouch must be given a chance to do it's work and see what if any solutions it comes up with - I am not a fan of Governments interfering in markets or governance of sport and FIFA may yet sanction any country that lets them.

We have to tread carefully now and be measured and considered - knee jerk reactions could cause far more problems than it solves.

I'm NOT a believer in giving fans a greater say, especially when it comes to what owners can and cannot do - for me the issue is one of 'how to run a club' that aren't/isn't properly addressed by the footballing authorities - especially when it comes to agent fees and player salaries and how transfer fees are paid - our footballing governance bodies have all gone missing on these issues as they have all enjoyed the skimming off the top that this hyperinflation has allowed them to do - these men in black suits who run our game now are now all millionaires in their own right from what they get paid by these bodies - how can this be right?!

The key points to be addressed in my view are ownership, governance, finance, and what supporter involvement is of any value and why; what will it bring?

Govern the game professionally and with enforceable legal sanctions and you have a healthy game that doesn't need to consider a Superleague approach, Not do that and you have a continuing morass of corruption and self-interest, and I speak as one who greatly profited from investing in an agency that even now I retain a small stake in.

It's been like the Klondike Goldrush for 3 decades, nows the time to bring some law and order and to repair and protect the environment, as all we've really done is leave heaps of shit and covered it over with shiny money piles.