Southend Game | Page 6 | Vital Football

Southend Game

Only 8 points off automatic :)

At this stage every point is appreciated. Would rather see a balanced organised side instead of what appears to be ‘how many strikers can i get on the pitch’, anyone who has played with this issue knows that you just get in each others way lol.

All teams have shit games , and that was one of ours. Let's be thankful that we were playing a struggling Southend , or we would have lost.

We won. That's three more points, we are now 9th how we got here doesn't matter. With a small squad, two games a week it has taken it's toll we have Lincoln on Saturday. A point would not be a bad result, we are doing better than anyone expected at the start of season, accept it and let's enjoy the rest of the season. Hoofball apart.

Only 8 points off automatic :)
The ridiculous thing is that all the teams above us are serious contenders for automatic promotion. There really are no good teams in this league.

I still refuse to believe that we are serious contenders even for the play offs. I'm genuinely impressed with how far we've come this season but we're so far away from being a promotion chasing side it's laughable.

We won. That's three more points, we are now 9th how we got here doesn't matter. With a small squad, two games a week it has taken it's toll we have Lincoln on Saturday. A point would not be a bad result, we are doing better than anyone expected at the start of season, accept it and let's enjoy the rest of the season. Hoofball apart.

SE has stated 2 points a game is needed.
We can afford only a few draws.

Respect to all those who went to the game. If we are not careful, Ifollow could kill away support. It's just so convenient, better toilets, food and in some case viewing. Unfortunately, nothing like actually being at the game.

I do agree to a certain extent. These days I stay at home to watch away games Although I am in my mid forties now. In my 20s my whole week was planned around games, I think as you get older you pick and choose a little more whilst the new breed take the mantle of die hard, never missing a game.
Over 800 midweek in league one is still a bloody great show, well done to all who went.

The ridiculous thing is that all the teams above us are serious contenders for automatic promotion. There really are no good teams in this league.

I still refuse to believe that we are serious contenders even for the play offs. I'm genuinely impressed with how far we've come this season but we're so far away from being a promotion chasing side it's laughable.

It's bizarre that we're still in contention. It's such a weird league this year in that there's one team that's been kicked out, another knackered by points deduction and two others who are outstandingly bad. So that's the relegation places sorted out to begin with.

Then you've got another half a dozen teams who are just normally bad but out of danger because of those four, and then a top twelve or fourteen who are all much of a muchness. I reckon that in any other season we wouldn't be contending for anything. I don't want to take away from Evans's achievements, but the extremely odd situation this season has to be borne in mind.

Whoever manages to go up this season is going to get their arse kicked in Division Two next year anyway.

Last edited:
It read as a brilliant game on BBC live Txt. Lots of free flowing football on a billiard table pitch. Skill levels so high even Ronaldo would struggle to get into our side of all conquering heroes.
Did I get something wrong?