Southend Game | Page 5 | Vital Football

Southend Game

Same as at Blackpool, we've announced what looks a really attacking lineup, but we've looked totally disjointed as a result.

Looked very narrow too, quite a few times in the first half it was crying out for the ball to be spread out wide (to the left wing in particular), yet most of the time there was no-one out there.

Mandron off, Graham on at HT

Awful refereeing from Kettle. Hanlan brilliantly turns his man, away into the box but Kettle doesn't play advantage and brings it back for a free kick

Awful refereeing from Kettle. Hanlan brilliantly turns his man, away into the box but Kettle doesn't play advantage and brings it back for a free kick
I thought Mr Kettle got that right. Hanlan had his shirt pulled outside the box and then fell over looking for a soft penalty.

Maybe this could be an opportunity for Lee. I can't say I've rated him much this season, but he could be the type of player who can unlock the game, and he's not afraid to shoot either.
Maybe but he did nothing when he came on tonight except make up the numbers

Phew, There's winning ugly and there's winning hideously.

Anyone who managed to watch that abomination without being turned into a pillar of stone, face contorted into a mask of horror, is a better man than I.

MOM: Ogilvie.

Positives - three points.

Other than that it was awful, kick and run. I have seen 11 year olds play better football. Graham can deliver a decent ball. Akinde doesn't even jump, just stands there. We can't control the ball and we can't keep it in. They should have equalised at the end. 1-0 is a very fine margin.

We won - that's great but lets be honest that was utter shit and I expect Evans to tell them that.

We have to be better than that.

Still onwards and upwards - I'm off to catch a flight to do just that !

Mandron off and we played the ball on the ground. Lee certainly not as good as Willock but all in all an improvement over the first half and three points.

Dreadful against a very inexperienced Southend, but three points. Disappointed that Pringle was not on from the start. We needed to keep it on the floor, at least for a while ! Super-hoof it like that at Lincoln and we`ll lose.

Respect to all those who went to the game. If we are not careful, Ifollow could kill away support. It's just so convenient, better toilets, food and in some case viewing. Unfortunately, nothing like actually being at the game.