So who would you like to see us sign ? | Page 3 | Vital Football

So who would you like to see us sign ?

reports in Italia are stating that Napoli are looking to sell Dumitru for 1 million euros.

:19: :19: :19: :19:

:19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19:

the jock - 9/5/2017 11:18

reports in Italia are stating that Napoli are looking to sell Dumitru for 1 million euros.

Is that to Juventus or Fray Bentos?

Napoli have probably been looking at this website and thought "if you lot can get 500k for Hobbs and 400k for Traore, why not a million euro for Dumi?"

orbitalforest - 9/5/2017 11:17

da fuq - 9/5/2017 10:47

HaggisRed - 9/5/2017 09:55

James Vaughan would have been great ---- About 10 years ago!!!
:17:

Ha

This lad has been great for Bury and can score all types of goals

Apparently he is the youngest goal scorer ever in the Prem and has played at various levels for England

Has just had a great season to be fair.
Think he was named in league one team of year as well.
Could be a cheap gamble.

This +1

I haven't got any names to suggest as I'm not interested in hasbeens or anybody whose price will have risen too much such that we are putting all our eggs in one basket.
For me the style of play and character that fits the ethic wanted by MW is more important. Blending youth with experience, getting a right hard b$rstard in DM to break up play. Playing with a style where we have most of the possession which has certainly improved under MW. So perhaps looking at players from teams in leagues 1 and 2 that are showing potential or are ready to prove themselves at a higher level. And if he can nick the odd gem from Brentford or Rangers who fit the bill all well and good. I'm certainly not going to be underwhelmed if I haven't heard of the player before. That won't show a lack of ambition in my eyes.

mao tse tung - 9/5/2017 11:28

the jock - 9/5/2017 11:18

Is that to Juventus or Fray Bentos?

What has the former dictator of Cuba got to do with this?

Wouldn't mind seeing him sign Toral and Jota from the players he's worked with before.

Apart from that, we need the following:

* experienced back up keeper to mentor Smith
* back up right back/ right wing back
* first choice left back/ left wing back
* first choice left hand sided centre back
* first choice more defensive midfielder
* central midfielder
* left winger

If we play the same formation as Ipswich game (although I'm sure there will be a few different formations throughout the season) I'd line up with the following, on the presumption that we get Jota and Toral:

----------------------------------------------------Smith--------------------------------------------------

---------------------------Worrall-----------Mancienne----------NEW SIGNING----------------

Lichaj--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Osborn

------------------------------------------------NEW SIGNING------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------Toral-----------------------NEW SIGNING---------------------

Jota-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NEW SIGNING

-----------------------------------------------Assombalonga-------------------------------------------

Probably get rid of the following:

Henderson, Stojkovic, Evtimov, Mills, Hobbs, Perquis, Pinillos (seeing as he doesn't want to stay), Fryatt, Lica, Grant

Anyone who I haven't mentioned, would be on bench/ squad member.

Jota would be a january signing when his price drops. Bees activated a 12 month extension yesterday so he would cost around £4m at a guess

If he doesnt show any intenetion of going beyond that (he has said that he wants to play in the EPL) and come January we are in a decent position (my God how deluded are we, we have only just survived in this league) then we might be able to prise him away for a quarter of that which would be good business

I understand Bristol are making Paterson available, he could go Brentford

Apollyon - 9/5/2017 14:54

I understand Bristol are making Paterson available, he could go Brentford

Really? I thought he was a regular when they improved towards the end of the season.

Imo would like to see us not sell Ben O, Ben b or britt, Joe and cash. Not against getting some experience in the middle of the park.

Agree with most of the space wasters but would keep lam. Think there is a player there somewhere if he is coached.

So who would you like to see us sign ?

Someone who stays fit for more than 3 games on the bounce would be a good start.

Ryan Woods - Brentford. Ran the game at the CG. Vaughan replacement.
Ryan Ledson - Oxford. Formerly of Everton, classy young midfielder.
Ollie Watkins - Exeter. Quick, goalscoring attacking midfielder/winger.
Marc Roberts - Barnsley. Dominant CB.
Conor Hourihane - Villa. A long shot but he's wasted under long ball Bruce.
Marcus Maddison - Posh. Goalscoring, creative midfielder.

ZedRed - 9/5/2017 14:20

Wouldn't mind seeing him sign Toral and Jota from the players he's worked with before.

Apart from that, we need the following:

* experienced back up keeper to mentor Smith
* back up right back/ right wing back
* first choice left back/ left wing back
* first choice left hand sided centre back
* first choice more defensive midfielder
* central midfielder
* left winger

If we play the same formation as Ipswich game (although I'm sure there will be a few different formations throughout the season) I'd line up with the following, on the presumption that we get Jota and Toral:

----------------------------------------------------Smith--------------------------------------------------

---------------------------Worrall-----------Mancienne----------NEW SIGNING----------------

Lichaj--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Osborn

------------------------------------------------NEW SIGNING------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------Toral-----------------------NEW SIGNING---------------------

Jota-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NEW SIGNING

-----------------------------------------------Assombalonga-------------------------------------------

Probably get rid of the following:

Henderson, Stojkovic, Evtimov, Mills, Hobbs, Perquis, Pinillos (seeing as he doesn't want to stay), Fryatt, Lica, Grant

Anyone who I haven't mentioned, would be on bench/ squad member.

I think that's a great line-up.
I've heard a lot of good things about new signing.

Also, I think we'll do really well against any side that only fields 11 players. They'd just be stupid to do that.