So who would you like to see us sign ? | Page 2 | Vital Football

So who would you like to see us sign ?

Maybe leadbitter now he's surplus at boro? Need a full back for sure. Wouldn't mind going for Tyrone Mings from Bournemouth who can't get a game? Did like the look of Jordan Amavi at Villa.

Perhaps Guedioura for when boro go down?

I'd love us to go and nab Jordan Graham from Wolves and Bakary Sako from Palace!

Then maybe a sneaky bid for someone like Bamford. If not then Jordan hugill, Vibe and Jota.

Ideally sign (we'd probably have to say goodbye to Brereton)

Vibe - £4m
Jota - £4m
Leadbitter - £1.5m
Mings - £3m
Hugill - £4m
Sako - £2m
Graham - £3m

Sell

Vellios - £1m
Hobbs - £500k
Lica - £100k
Perquis - £200k
Traore - £400k
Lam - £500k

Sadly unless we sell a Brereton or Assombalonga or Osborn, then there's nobody of particular value. I never usually like the idea of splashing all over the place but we've not had real quality pumped in for a while!

Ryan Wood is a good shout OKD - he'd be on my list too.
I also liked the look of Aidan Flint the big CB from Bristol City the last 2 seasons.
Up & Coming youngsters I'd have a look at Phillip Billing from Huddersfield (presuming they don't go up) and the winger from Blackburn, Conor Mahoney, who I think would be obtainable now they've dropped a division.
I also wonder if Warbs would look at Tavernier from Rangers for RB as he was at Brentford & Rangers with Warburton; it would give Eric some genuine competition. On this point do you think MW would go for Foderingham as GK? He also followed Warbs from Brentford to Rangers (I think)
Any of the Brentford front 3 they are class players if they were available.

Blow the budget on 2 central midfielders who can boss a game and are proven not to get injured too often. Any left overs then snap up a winger and a left back. Anything else left over nab a centre half.

Will.NFFC - 8/5/2017 17:03

Maybe leadbitter now he's surplus at boro? Need a full back for sure. Wouldn't mind going for Tyrone Mings from Bournemouth who can't get a game? Did like the look of Jordan Amavi at Villa.

I'd love us to go and nab Jordan Graham from Wolves and Bakary Sako from Palace!

Then maybe a sneaky bid for someone like Bamford. If not then Jordan hugill, Vibe and Jota.

Vibe - £4m
Jota - £4m
Leadbitter - £1.5m
Mings - £3m
Hugill - £4m
Sako - £2m
Graham - £3m

Sell

Vellios - £1m
Hobbs - £500k
Lica - £100k
Perquis - £200k
Traore - £400k
Lam - £500k

Sadly unless we sell a Brereton or Assombalonga or Osborn, then there's nobody of particular value. I never usually like the idea of splashing all over the place but we've not had real quality pumped in for a while!

no to sako.

Vibe - £4m
Jota - £4m
Leadbitter - £1.5m
Mings - £3m
Hugill - £4m
Sako - £2m
Graham - £3m

Sell

Vellios - £1m
Hobbs - £500k
Lica - £100k
Perquis - £200k
Traore - £400k
Lam - £500k

Haha. Like your optimism. Not sure we could give the likes of perquis. Traore. Lam. Hobbs and Lica away. May get a similar fee for velios that we signed him on.

More likely to have to come to some agreement with the contract and terminate, and can't see that happening with most of players apart from Lica and maybe Lam. But certainly wouldn't get big fees for them

Only real way to raise cash from players we have is to sell one of the young guns. Osborn would be the one I'd let go of clubs still circling.

Or keep and hope that the Greeks have some serious money to invest.

the jock - 8/5/2017 15:14

tom cairney of Fulham

Nottingham lad. Blackburn player of the year 2013–14. 12 goals and 10 assists this season from midfield for Fulham.

This +1

Class act

Vibe - £4m
Jota - £4m
Leadbitter - £1.5m
Mings - £3m
Hugill - £4m
Sako - £2m
Graham - £3m

Sell

Vellios - £1m
Hobbs - £500k
Lica - £100k
Perquis - £200k
Traore - £400k
Lam - £500k

Love your optimism with the sale values

Fulham rate cairney at £15m and premier clubs like Burnley keeping an eye on him

Serious transfer fees in championship and seem to be getting higher

Villa will spend again. As will Norwich with a new manager. No doubt Sunderland and middlesborough will sell best players and scoop up a number of players for this level like Newcastle did.

Fees will only go up and up. Can we compete with the silly spending??

I imagine Newcastle would have a few players to sign. They brought in high level championship low level Prem players and not all regulars.

Perhaps Grant Hanley if looking at centre back from them

I'd be interested who Norwich sign as although he is getting on, I love watching Wes hoolahan play. Also Johnny howson is the player type we are in most need of. Could cash turn into this type of player? Not so sure.

I would like a winger and a proper dcm too. Woods was quality against us. Also think ginger lad at Newcastle may become surplus to requirements too.

I think we may struggle to hold onto osborn too. Although he needs to play in central midfield to aid his development.

Pope John XXIII - 8/5/2017 17:44

Vibe - £4m
Jota - £4m
Leadbitter - £1.5m
Mings - £3m
Hugill - £4m
Sako - £2m
Graham - £3m

Sell

Vellios - £1m
Hobbs - £500k
Lica - £100k
Perquis - £200k
Traore - £400k
Lam - £500k

Love your optimism with the sale values

:139:

Widdow - 8/5/2017 17:39

Vibe - £4m
Jota - £4m
Leadbitter - £1.5m
Mings - £3m
Hugill - £4m
Sako - £2m
Graham - £3m

Sell

Vellios - £1m
Hobbs - £500k
Lica - £100k
Perquis - £200k
Traore - £400k
Lam - £500k

Haha. Like your optimism. Not sure we could give the likes of perquis. Traore. Lam. Hobbs and Lica away. May get a similar fee for velios that we signed him on.

More likely to have to come to some agreement with the contract and terminate, and can't see that happening with most of players apart from Lica and maybe Lam. But certainly wouldn't get big fees for them

Only real way to raise cash from players we have is to sell one of the young guns. Osborn would be the one I'd let go of clubs still circling.

Haha it's just nice being able to get excited about spending money for once!

Agree with you that realistically it would take a couple of young guns to go for us to be able to be able to splash that just based on FFP!

Can someone confirm - am I right in saying that now we have new owners, that the club sort of starts from scratch from an FFP perspective? Thought I read that some time back?

Will.NFFC - 8/5/2017 18:17

Vibe - £4m
Jota - £4m
Leadbitter - £1.5m
Mings - £3m
Hugill - £4m
Sako - £2m
Graham - £3m

Sell

Vellios - £1m
Hobbs - £500k
Lica - £100k
Perquis - £200k
Traore - £400k
Lam - £500k

Agree with you that realistically it would take a couple of young guns to go for us to be able to be able to splash that just based on FFP!

Can someone confirm - am I right in saying that now we have new owners, that the club sort of starts from scratch from an FFP perspective? Thought I read that some time back?

No, new owners makes no difference.

But Lansbury and Fryatt both going is going to be £2.5m-£3m a year wiped off the yearly wage bill for a start.

Championship players are getting just too expensive. Really good midfielders and strikers are starting at £12m and are out of reach unless you are in the PL or have parachute payments.

There will be players reared in the Championship going for £15m-£20m soon, possibly even this summer. I reckon we could easily ask for £12m for Britt and work upwards.

What we need to do is go for the very best in League One. Who lost in the playoffs? Who are the players who put them there? Who made the most assists but stayed in League one? Etc

A good League one player with potential is £3m-£6m which is much more in our price range and with far more growth value.

Pope John XXIII - 8/5/2017 18:26

Will.NFFC - 8/5/2017 18:17

Vibe - £4m
Jota - £4m
Leadbitter - £1.5m
Mings - £3m
Hugill - £4m
Sako - £2m
Graham - £3m

Sell

Vellios - £1m
Hobbs - £500k
Lica - £100k
Perquis - £200k
Traore - £400k
Lam - £500k

No, new owners makes no difference.

But Lansbury and Fryatt both going is going to be £2.5m-£3m a year wiped off the yearly wage bill for a start.

Championship players are getting just too expensive. Really good midfielders and strikers are starting at £12m and are out of reach unless you are in the PL or have parachute payments.

There will be players reared in the Championship going for £15m-£20m soon, possibly even this summer. I reckon we could easily ask for £12m for Britt and work upwards.

What we need to do is go for the very best in League One. Who lost in the playoffs? Who are the players who put them there? Who made the most assists but stayed in League one? Etc

A good League one player with potential is £3m-£6m which is much more in our price range and with far more growth value.

Totally agree

When we were linked with inform in his prime Peter Whittingham, and even Darren Pratley, the fees were £2m-£3m.

They'd be worth £8-£10m in today's market.

You always have hungrier players who want to prove themselves from league 1 as well. Assombalonga was supposedly league 1 so it definitely works!

Though I think £12m is exceptionally low for Assombalonga. He's 6/7 years younger than £13m rated Ross McCormack and has had one of the most consistent conversion rates of any player in the league.

Lookman from charlton went to Everton for £13m so again Britt or Brereton have to be worth at least £15m for me

HaggisRed - 9/5/2017 09:55

James Vaughan would have been great ---- About 10 years ago!!!
:17:

Ha

This lad has been great for Bury and can score all types of goals

Apparently he is the youngest goal scorer ever in the Prem and has played at various levels for England

da fuq - 9/5/2017 10:47

HaggisRed - 9/5/2017 09:55

James Vaughan would have been great ---- About 10 years ago!!!
:17:

Ha

This lad has been great for Bury and can score all types of goals

Apparently he is the youngest goal scorer ever in the Prem and has played at various levels for England

Has just had a great season to be fair.
Think he was named in league one team of year as well.
Could be a cheap gamble.