So who would you like to see us sign ? | Vital Football

So who would you like to see us sign ?

orbitalforest

Vital Football Legend
Now we finally know what level we'll be at next season do any of you have any thoughts on players we could realistically sign to enhance the squad ?

I've mentioned him before but I think Max Power would potentially be a very good signing for us to fill that midfield general role.
Very vocal, a busy player that always wants the a ball , plays it simple and get's stuck in .
I've seen him play several times and on most of those occasions he stood out .

With Wigan going down got to be worth a look I reckon and I'd hazard a guess at £750k to get him.
Palace were showing an interest in signing him last year as were Sporting Lisbon .

Who would you like to see rock up at the CG ?

Lawrence who as been on Loan at Ipswich from Leicester and a big strong box to box ball winner in midfield

tom cairney of Fulham

Nottingham lad. Blackburn player of the year 2013–14. 12 goals and 10 assists this season from midfield for Fulham.

Max Power would be a good signing plus ready made chant/song for a player as well.

I know it's going over old ground but Peter Whittingham could probably be tempted away from Cardiff?

Pretty much anyone at Brentford would probably improve us but that does depend on KING Warbz lasting longer than 6 months.

Danny Graham???

Decent footballer at this level. Experienced too and might be cheapish with Blackburn just being relegated?

Lawrence is a good shout but we'd have to dig fairly deep to get him I'd have thought.
I couldn't see Fulham being prepared to let Cairney go at all .
Be a cracking signing though.

It never actually crossed my mind that we would sign a player for money again without Fawaz feeling like he was being pressurised in to it.

We dont want to get into the shaggers way of paying 5 or 6 mill for decent midfielders. We're headed right back into FFP trouble if we go that way again.

The future has to be a sustainable one with players coming in being young and relatively unestablished, eg Clough.

Can we please get someone that hasn't just been relegated? I know it's generalising a bit, but I'd imagine they're not best-placed mentally as much as anything.

If we want a keeper we could do a lot worse than John Ruddy who has been released by Norwich. In fact they have released about 7 players in total including Ryan Bennett who may also be worth a punt.

If Cairney leaves Fulham I'd imagine it'll be for a PL club or one that pays decent wages

paplane - 8/5/2017 15:19

Danny Graham???

Decent footballer at this level. Experienced too and might be cheapish with Blackburn just being relegated?

Blackburn fans reckon they are paying him £20k. He hasn't really scored a lot of goals for a long time

PVH - 8/5/2017 16:34

If Cairney leaves Fulham I'd imagine it'll be for a PL club or one that pays decent wages

He's a Billy Davies type target. He's one of the most highly rated players in the division at the moment.

I'm hoping that McParland is more creative than that and can spot players with potential, rather than ones who are already at the top - certainly his record at Brentford suggests he is (and his record at Rangers that he isn't).

Pope John XXIII - 8/5/2017 16:37

paplane - 8/5/2017 15:19

Danny Graham???

Blackburn fans reckon they are paying him £20k. He hasn't really scored a lot of goals for a long time

Forget him then. As I said above we need to think about being sensible now. Nobody (perhaps except Britt) in our squad should be paid £20k p/w from this point.

Remember when Mills & Ward came to us during the umbongo? We paid them what we all considered to be a pittance at £10k p/w. We were convinced they'd only signed on the understanding that they'd be given new contracts the moment we came out of umbongo. As far as I'm aware they haven't, they've committed to us in a way others haven't and they've proved to be hugely influential in our season.

You can build a team on a sustainable model IMO.

MW & FMcP now have a full pre-season to shape the squad - I hope we get business done early - however - the big issue always comes in late August - if Britt, Brero etc start well - you then fact that worrying time to see if the big money offers come in.

Hopefully, we've learned our lesson that signing cheap foreign imports is a false economy.

paplane - 8/5/2017 16:46

Remember when Mills & Ward came to us during the umbongo? We paid them what we all considered to be a pittance at £10k p/w. We were convinced they'd only signed on the understanding that they'd be given new contracts the moment we came out of umbongo. As far as I'm aware they haven't, they've committed to us in a way others haven't and they've proved to be hugely influential in our season.

You can build a team on a sustainable model IMO.

Ward signed because we offered him a four year contract when he'd only have got 2 elsewhere - he was never going to get a pay rise.

There seemed to be some talk around the start of the season that implied Mills had the impression he was going to get a pay rise when we were out of embargo. But anyone with a gentleman's agreement with a manager under Fawaz's ownership is crazy.