So, Who Will Stay & Who Will Go? | Page 9 | Vital Football

So, Who Will Stay & Who Will Go?

June I think, I can vaguely remember it being said they'd play though there until our pre-season starts.

Jez George, Imps Director of Football, said: “This is a brilliant opportunity for both players. We know the people at Drogheda, we know the league and we respect the level. There could not have been a better outcome for each of them in their individual circumstances.

“Sam moves after making his league debut and needs to be the number one, playing every week. Sean will join him at the end of his rehab from a minor ankle operation which is expected to be at the end of February.

“Therefore, the fact that this league starts in mid-February and continues throughout the summer, means that we can maximise their number of games right up to returning to Lincoln for pre-season. With their games on Friday evenings, this allows our staff to watch them play live.”

Jovon Makama has signed a new 'long term' (whatever that means) contract today. Might get some further indication of ins and outs over the next few days now
It’s usually long term or multi year. Maybe that means 3 or 2 or is it the other way around 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jez George, Imps Director of Football, said: “This is a brilliant opportunity for both players. We know the people at Drogheda, we know the league and we respect the level. There could not have been a better outcome for each of them in their individual circumstances.

“Sam moves after making his league debut and needs to be the number one, playing every week. Sean will join him at the end of his rehab from a minor ankle operation which is expected to be at the end of February.

“Therefore, the fact that this league starts in mid-February and continues throughout the summer, means that we can maximise their number of games right up to returning to Lincoln for pre-season. With their games on Friday evenings, this allows our staff to watch them play live.”

After a month in Magaluf they’ll be available for the Xmas fixtures.

Kevin Kilmour,Ian Mcinnes,Bobby Mitchell,Richard Cooper and Simeon Hodson

A right rogue's gallery there, Harry!

I always thought Cooper had something. Although, thinking about it, maybe the 'something' was curly hair. The less said about Simeon Hodson the better!

Now you have reminded me of Hodson, didn't he go on to play for WBA or someone? I'd put it down to some sort of fantastical fever dream, but Devon White played in the first division, so I guess anything's possible!

Conversely, perhaps the parameters set by the coaching staff were not to their strengths or indeed liking. Hopefully, we will see the same players flourish under new management.
Are you suggesting that Appleton made them into worse players?

look at it that some plants grow better in certain soils. Look at Taylor-Fletcher hated at Orient but later played in the premier league[/QUOTE
I see your point .I want every player to thrive and improve but when they haven't there comes a time when the excuses wear a bit thin and suggesting that a coach like Appleton has been a detrimental factor in the development some of the players ? Come on

I think if he didn’t like the player and they didn’t get in the pitch I would imagine they have regressed in that period.

Jovon Makama has signed a new 'long term' (whatever that means) contract today. Might get some further indication of ins and outs over the next few days now
And speaks really well in an interview about it. Well done on both counts Jovon

I am sure the people in the physio dept and medical dept have tried their best. But something had to give after a season of continual muscle etc Injuries to players.
The majority apparently not in matches but training.

Now you have reminded me of Hodson, didn't he go on to play for WBA or someone? I'd put it down to some sort of fantastical fever dream, but Devon White played in the first division, so I guess anything's possible!
I think you're right. He was relegated from the FL with Newport a season after he achieved it with us, then later rocked up at WBA. I actually rated him, and most of the others mentioned were decent enough players - at other clubs!

Hodson was relegated from the FL with Newport a season after he achieved it with us, then later rocked up at WBA. I actually rated him, and most of the others mentioned were decent enough players - at other clubs!

Yes, and was relegated with WBA. In fact his claim to fame is the number of clubs he was relegated with. Despite that, I also thought he was one of our better players in the side that ended up dropping out of the league.