So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in? | Page 21 | Vital Football

So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's Roma bound I think.

Sounds like they are struggling to meet uniteds ÂŁ18 Mill asking price.

Get in there quick and gazump them, offer him the chance to ressurect his Premier league career and a bigger wage than he could get in Italy. I'm sure he could be convinced.

Don't try dont get.

Theres certainly no better defenders out there for that price that might be gettable

Not impressed with some of the tone here, nor the disrespect to moderators who come on and help me run this place with no pay or thanks.

As I've said a few times in the last month, it is ok for people to have different views without petty name calling. Stop it.

Any smart arse replies to this, you'll be off for a week.

Sounds like they are struggling to meet uniteds ÂŁ18 Mill asking price.

Get in there quick and gazump them, offer him the chance to ressurect his Premier league career and a bigger wage than he could get in Italy. I'm sure he could be convinced.

Don't try dont get.

Theres certainly no better defenders out there for that price that might be gettable

If the numbers you are suggesting are correct this would be an absolutely cracking signing . Exactly the right player for us experience wise and what I wanted at the start of 2019 season. If the numbers add up its bordering on a no brainer in my humble.
30 years old. Not an issue at all.

Regarding strikers, I think Watkins plus Origi / Tammy / Eduoard could work as Watkins tends to play wider and cut in which would mean him as a replacement for Ghastly / Trez in the starting line up and having more of a goal threat rather than isolating the one player up front.

If the numbers you are suggesting are correct this would be an absolutely cracking signing . Exactly the right player for us experience wise and what I wanted at the start of 2019 season. If the numbers add up its bordering on a no brainer in my humble.
30 years old. Not an issue at all.

Maybe I should be scout? :yes:

Regarding strikers, I think Watkins plus Origi / Tammy / Eduoard could work as Watkins tends to play wider and cut in which would mean him as a replacement for Ghastly / Trez in the starting line up and having more of a goal threat rather than isolating the one player up front.

What you mean like:
..............................................................Eduoard
...........................................Tammy.................................Origi
...............Watkins.................................................................................Jack

Like that :grinning:

It's not a Mickey mouse cup though is it? It's one of two cups that 18 out of 20 clubs in the league can realistically attempt to win. It's a route into europe. Its silverware. Give me cup finals any day over a bloody 6th place finish, had plenty of those under MON without any satisfaction. Wolves haven't won anything yet, they've spent a lot of money and wages on decent players and they're two or three seasons further up the development ladder than we are, but we are on the ladder and we will overtake them soon enough.
Coca Cola cup 94 was one of my greatest ever memories! Nothing Mickey mouse about it to me.

An amusing report from Birmingham Live indicating the squad number which are currently vacant. They do add, the allocation of squad umbers for 2020/21 have yet to be announced though.....

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ton-villa-transfers-grealish-numbers-18742986

As you'll see, there's quite a few. But please, don't expect each one to be filled....Lol Even if no-one leaves, I'd be happy with say 4 of those vacancies filled.

Scott Hogan is number 99!:lol:

If the league cup is a Micky mouse competition and we haven’t been able to win it for 25 years - or anything better in that time - what does that make us?

I wouldn't call it micky mouse, but it's undeniably less important than it used to be. You can thank the Champions League for that.

It has been massively devalued since we last won it. It's now a training cup for the big team's youth side until they get into the SF and F.

It has been massively devalued since we last won it. It's now a training cup for the big team's youth side until they get into the SF and F.
I’ve said before the best thing to do with the league cup is embrace the fact it is the “secondary” competition and kick out the European teams and let it be a straight fight for the rest of the PL (or even championship teams!).

If teams like us, Everton, Newcastle etc felt like they had a genuine chance to win it would bring back the interest for real fans whereas at the moment the only fans who can win it (i.e Man City et al) don’t care because they have bigger fish to fry and to everyone else there’s no hope so no one cares

Status
Not open for further replies.