So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in? | Page 20 | Vital Football

So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Nuno was sacked from every other job he's had. Or Nuno was sacked from his last two jobs. Which is it? Neither. Fake news. Nuno was sacked from his last job, Porto, for only coming second in the league. That's it.

Wolves/Mendez were ambitious in signing not just Nuno but the players to go with him. But without Nuno it wouldn't have worked. Top coach.

Wolves were lucky because without the Fosun / Mendes link no way would Nuno have ever been considered. No one can deny he has done a good job but he had a huge hand dealt him with them somehow signing champions league players to play in the championship.

So how about this. Pretend you're the manager of Villa and the owners have just told you that you have to sell 4 players and buy 4 players. Once you've decided there is no changing from it. Your budget is 80m plus anything generated from sales. What would YOU do? Here's my thoughts:
Sell Nyland for 1 million
Sell Angela for 2 million
Sell Hogan for 3 million
Sell Jota for a bag of washers
Buy Origi for 30 million
Buy Watkins for 25 million
Buy Zaha for 25 million
Buy Dawson for 5 million

So how about this. Pretend you're the manager of Villa and the owners have just told you that you have to sell 4 players and buy 4 players. Once you've decided there is no changing from it. Your budget is 80m plus anything generated from sales. What would YOU do? Here's my thoughts:
Sell Nyland for 1 million
Sell Angela for 2 million
Sell Hogan for 3 million
Sell Jota for a bag of washers
Buy Origi for 30 million
Buy Watkins for 25 million
Buy Zaha for 25 million
Buy Dawson for 5 million
Nice idea but not sure you can get Origi for less than £40m and Zaha will be at least double so £50m plus

I’d defo get rid of the same players you suggested and raise about £6-8m.

I’d buy -
Tammy for £50m
Harry Wilson for £15m
Watkins for £20m
Plus a free agent from somewhere which Lange will find £0m

So Nuno was sacked from every other job he's had. Or Nuno was sacked from his last two jobs. Which is it? Neither. Fake news. Nuno was sacked from his last job, Porto, for only coming second in the league. That's it.

Wolves/Mendez were ambitious in signing not just Nuno but the players to go with him. But without Nuno it wouldn't have worked. Top coach.
He was sacked from Valencia too, or left by mutual consent after a run of bad games, same difference.

If Nuno is such a fantastic coach, why did Wolves only use a few players in the league last season despite being in four competitions? Why couldnt he pick a B team to beat the Aston Villa B team in the league cup? Doesnt a good coach utilise his entire squad and develop players?

He's a manager who had premier league players in the championship, and champions league players in the premiership. Not rocket science to see why they're 7th in the league.

Sorry for going off topic, needed to finish my point. To keep it on topic, keep Smith, I don't want a media darling who failed at every other club he's been at taking over thank you.

He was sacked from Valencia too, or left by mutual consent after a run of bad games, same difference.

If Nuno is such a fantastic coach, why did Wolves only use a few players in the league last season despite being in four competitions? Why couldnt he pick a B team to beat the Aston Villa B team in the league cup? Doesnt a good coach utilise his entire squad and develop players?

He's a manager who had premier league players in the championship, and champions league players in the premiership. Not rocket science to see why they're 7th in the league.

Sorry for going off topic, needed to finish my point. To keep it on topic, keep Smith, I don't want a media darling who failed at every other club he's been at taking over thank you.

Ive changed my mind, you’re not so much one eyed, as you’re full on white stick waiving blind :lol:

Ive changed my mind, you’re not so much one eyed, as you’re full on white stick waiving blind :lol:
We've spent the entire season debating and I've been proven right again and again. Kept Smith, stayed up, sacked Suso. It's never too late to jump on the right bandwagon.

Most of our Belgian bargains and El Ghazi are 'Champions League' players -

guess we should be right up there with Wolves ?

Not seen any links or rumours but just noticed that Chris smalling is only on 70k per week and seemingly available.

Think he'd be the perfect foil for mings and add that defensive experience we're crying out for.

Good player, good character, seems to just want to play football. I'd love us to get him.

Not seen any links or rumours but just noticed that Chris smalling is only on 70k per week and seemingly available.

Think he'd be the perfect foil for mings and add that defensive experience we're crying out for.

Good player, good character, seems to just want to play football. I'd love us to get him.
He's Roma bound I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.