So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 7 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

It's state aid which Italy got fined 7.5b for about 2 days ago regarding their hotel industry in Sardinia. Considering the day before the EU said they'd stand with Italy during this crisis they've got a funny way of showing it.

You know France won't get fined though while Italy do.

You do know the Italian fine was a legacy case, I agree the announcement should have been delayed.

If Johnson mentioned it, then I didn't pick up on it. I haven't seen the Bailey briefing.

As for Brexit ........ as we all know, "Leave" quite patently was never going to just mean "leave". It was always going to be "leave in any one of a number of guises". ;)

I agree re the debt situation. That said, the alternative is just as frightening.

Much has been made about Branson, and how (with his apparent £42bn), he could afford to pay all his 8,500 staff £10k to sit at home for the next 12 weeks, and still have £41.1bn left to live on.

Maybe, what the world needs right now are a few philanthropic billionaires,

Boris definetely mentioned it, can't remember exaclty when. But he did as i was looking out for it.

For me there seems some red flags on this theory.

Similar here .......... but only because it would be such a deplorable move .......even though I could well believe it.

The US started Human testing on their vaccine yesterday, this is before anyone else, so they are at the front of the line for development. We also know all of the medical companies in China, Russia, the UK etc are likely trying to do something similar. The German company in question said they wont be ready to start testing until June.

I've seen the "publicity" video. Given what Fauci (what a man) has always said, (about the testing process, and the fact that an available vaccine will be 12 months away), I presume that this is Trump pushing to get some "good news" out.

As for Trump, he merely sees what's good for him. He has zero empathy for anything or anyone else. That's clear by his comments during just about every press briefing he's ever done.

That said, like you, I'll take the story with a pinch of salt until it's confirmed.

Similar here .......... but only because it would be such a deplorable move .......even though I could well believe it.

I've seen the "publicity" video. Given what Fauci (what a man) has always said, (about the testing process, and the fact that an available vaccine will be 12 months away), I presume that this is Trump pushing to get some "good news" out.

As for Trump, he merely sees what's good for him. He has zero empathy for anything or anyone else. That's clear by his comments during just about every press briefing he's ever done.

That said, like you, I'll take the story with a pinch of salt until it's confirmed.

Whilst I don't disagree with what you're saying, there's still a business case: buy up someone else's patent and you get two slices of the market share, not one.

However deplorable it is, this is Trump and the US government we're talking about, so it's entirely believable.

The US has been profiteering from war since time immemorial. There are no scruples on Capitol Hill where cashing in on others' misery and suffering are concerned.

Last edited:
The US has been profiteering from war since time immemorial. There are no scruples on Capitol Hill where cashing in on others' misery and supporting are concerned.

I'd like to think that if Obama were in this position, then there's no way we'd be considering the US doing such a thing.

If it's right - and I think it probably is - then I'd bet a fair penny that it's a Trump "initiative".

He was almost wetting himself the other day, announcing the Fed's intervention to (hopefully) give the US stock market some stability. Not mentioned it much since, has he?

:clap:

Well done Chancellor.

The detailed way that he answers questions is miles away from the airy fairy warm and cosseting words that the PM often uses..........and has used today during Q&A.

The question re his Dad was a belter. Well done PM for saying the buck stops with you (of course it does), but you should also have called your Dad out for his bollocks. .........though that said, why the hell would he be invited onto a bloody TV show in the first place?

:clap:

Well done Chancellor.

The detailed way that he answers questions is miles away from the airy fairy warm and cosseting words that the PM often uses..........and has used today during Q&A.

?

Just watching the presser and was about to say the same re Sunak. Very accomplished and knows his stuff judging by the ease in which he answers questions. It’s an unprecedented crisis, ramifications will be felt economically for decades. I wonder if the catchphrase was Cummings idea? 😉

To be fair Vallance comes across well also and seems reassured about his strategy.

I do question some of the questioning though. It’s a grave situation. To ask the PM whether saying it’s a last gasp situation the sourcing ventilators (or whatever was said) is appropriate language is just utterly ridiculous, though reassuring to know folk are still looking for things to get offended about.

Sunak started off very well with the budget, and has maintained that standard ever since.

What catchphrase? The one I cringed at from Johnson was "farm to fork"!

I said the other day, both Vallance and Whitty are both excellent. For being experts in their field, their communication skills are top notch.

RE the "last gasp" ........ but Johnson - the PM, the man in charge - said it. He obviously didn't mean for it to travel, but it did. It's a measure of the man.

H should have bollocked his Dad, and told him to stay at home !!!

Good presentation and a decent package of support.
Highlight for me though has to be Moonay applauding the tories - again ! its becoming regular- looks like political gloryhunting to me 🎣 🤣.
Thing is for all the front and confidence projected no one knows where this is going really. Just got to hope for the best

Good presentation and a decent package of support.
Highlight for me though has to be Moonay applauding the tories - again ! its becoming regular- looks like political gloryhunting to me 🎣 🤣.
Thing is for all the front and confidence projected no one knows where this is going really. Just got to hope for the best

Nah ........ I applauded Sunak. Johnson was far less impressive today, and as I've said, should have given his Dad both barrels.

To be fair, I presume that what Sunak has presented has been as a result of cross party working. He certainly mentioned that he's been working with the Unions.

For me, credit where credit's due.
:cheers:

Sunak started off very well with the budget, and has maintained that standard ever since.

What catchphrase? The one I cringed at from Johnson was "farm to fork"!

I said the other day, both Vallance and Whitty are both excellent. For being experts in their field, their communication skills are top notch.

RE the "last gasp" ........ but Johnson - the PM, the man in charge - said it. He obviously didn't mean for it to travel, but it did. It's a measure of the man.

H should have bollocked his Dad, and told him to stay at home !!!

We’ll do whatever it takes.

Yeah his Dad needs bollocking. Really poor example.

Re last gasp - it’s just an unfortunate turn of phrase at this time - but I suppose if it lets the easily offended an opportunity to foam at the mouth then so be it.