So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 8 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

It's at difficult times like this that bring out the good & the bad in people. Lots n lots of people offering help & support to the elderly, less well off, countless businesses offering the more vulnerable help & assistance during this period, yet we still have the utter moronic, self centred, selfish idiots amongst us who care not a jot about anyone bar themselves whilst emptying the shelves of virtually all supermarkets....unbelievable really, god knows how these people would have gone on in a war situation. Sainsbury's Wigan - loads of empty shelves, Asda - heard its similar, Tesco - same....wtf.
Once this crisis deepens it may well need the Army on the streets as these idiots think it's armageddon, everyone for themselves & that they have the right to just help themselves.

We’ll do whatever it takes.

Yeah his Dad needs bollocking. Really poor example.

Re last gasp - it’s just an unfortunate turn of phrase at this time - but I suppose if it lets the easily offended an opportunity to foam at the mouth then so be it.
Apologist, you.
We need a leader, a statesman
Not a comedian (yet)
He just wants to be loved and laughed at

It's at difficult times like this that bring out the good & the bad in people. Lots n lots of people offering help & support to the elderly, less well off, countless businesses offering the more vulnerable help & assistance during this period, yet we still have the utter moronic, self centred, selfish idiots amongst us who care not a jot about anyone bar themselves whilst emptying the shelves of virtually all supermarkets....unbelievable really, god knows how these people would have gone on in a war situation. Sainsbury's Wigan - loads of empty shelves, Asda - heard its similar, Tesco - same....wtf.
Once this crisis deepens it may well need the Army on the streets as these idiots think it's armageddon, everyone for themselves & that they have the right to just help themselves.
Army on the streets in 10 days according to the stories round here

Implied in the press conference today, when we go into lock down

Yeah I had to do a 50 mile round trip Sunday to drop off my folks some bog roll. Mum went Sainsbury’s again today and nowt in. I think the idea of allowing older folk dedicated shopping times at the start of the day is a good idea. (Regardless of the shrieks of ageism)

Unprecedented economic intervention previously unimaginable from the state, 15% of GDP and 330b+ economic stimulus with more to come. It's insane levels of stimulus that should protect as many businesses and individuals as possible. This level of spending here, America, France etc will transform everything economically and politically moving forward.

You cant ask for much more than that but I suspect there will be plenty who still find fault.

Some of those questions from supposed journalists were dreadful. They sound like they are revelling in this and desperate to try and carve out something else negative to report.

It certainly looks good news KDZ. However, I suggest we wait until we see how/where it's distributed before we open the Bollinger.

After all, those 40 hospitals Johnson kept rabbiting on about during the election are helping much at the moment.

;)

Other than the "last gasp" one (and Daleks makes a decent point above), which did you think were dreadful? Surely not the one about his Dad.

It certainly looks good news KDZ. However, I suggest we wait until we see how/where it's distributed before we open the Bollinger.

After all, those 40 hospitals Johnson kept rabbiting on about during the election are helping much at the moment.

;)

Other than the "last gasp" one (and Daleks makes a decent point above), which did you think were dreadful? Surely not the one about his Dad.

It's more a necessary evil rather than something to celebrate. They have to 'do whatever is necessary' (hint of Cummings in that line being repeated so often) to look after everyone the best they can, no argument about that and I'm glad they are. But the heavy borrowing and government intervention to this level is something that I hoped we'd never be in a position to need so I'm gutted it came to it.

There were a fair few questions I felt were poor, a lot seemed to asking for info they already gave and some asked things that had obvious answers. I think someone made a joke about going the pub, we had the joke police one, and if I remember correctly someone seemed to be implying all the loans to be written off by government on top of everything else they spending. It's all the usual 'leading' political journalists but I don't think many of them are up to much. Many sounded like they didn't really pay attention or understand and we're just trying to poorly generate a 'gotcha' moment rather than get useful info or clarification the public would benefit from.

I think one very obvious question that no one seemed to bother with was what will the interest be on the government borrowing? And in turn what will the interest rate on the various loans to businesses be. Low hanging fruit and unless I missed it not one of them came up with it. I'm not a professional journalist who sits and thinks about a list of questions and makes notes during the presser but I think I could manage some better questions off the top of my head than some of that lot can. They are mostly dreadful.

Last edited:
Good point re Cummings "whatever necessary" KDZ.

Re the money, what I meant was, let's hope that it gets to those who really need it ........ as opposed (for eg) to the like of Branson.

The question re the pub was because of his Dad. He made an imbecilic comment on morning telly that he would still go to the pub. I posted a link earlier.

You're right that some of the questions begged an answer that was patently obvious. As has been pointed out, no one thought to ask about the help for renters.

I imagine the interest rates will be very low - and may offered like a student loan....... only to be repaid in certain circumstances.

Just switching to Trump ......................... what an arse. Now, he's trying to tell us that he knew it was a pandemic all along ......... when yesterday, he said that no-one knew anything about it a month ago ...... and 6 weeks ago, he said it was under control !!!

Thank God we have Johnson as our idiot.
;)

Good point re Cummings "whatever necessary" KDZ.

Re the money, what I meant was, let's hope that it gets to those who really need it ........ as opposed (for eg) to the like of Branson.

The question re the pub was because of his Dad. He made an imbecilic comment on morning telly that he would still go to the pub. I posted a link earlier.

You're right that some of the questions begged an answer that was patently obvious. As has been pointed out, no one thought to ask about the help for renters.

I imagine the interest rates will be very low - and may offered like a student loan....... only to be repaid in certain circumstances.

Just switching to Trump ......................... what an arse. Now, he's trying to tell us that he knew it was a pandemic all along ......... when yesterday, he said that no-one knew anything about it a month ago ...... and 6 weeks ago, he said it was under control !!!

Thank God we have Johnson as our idiot.
;)

In such serious circumstances with so many potential questions (will this effect any of the previously planned infrastructure spending? Will this impact Brexit negotiations? etc) using your one question to talk about Boris' dad's daft comments is shocking. They are supposed to be the countries top political journalists questioning the biggest government decision in peace time not a low end click bait writers for TMZ after some family drama.

I think it was Peston - he's utterly useless at the best of times but today was a particular low light. Especially since he is saying on his Twitter about 'unanswered questions' from press confrence - he could've asked them if he wasn't more interested in trying to score petty points against a politician he clearly dislikes rather than just do his job properly.

But the majority of our journalists are partisan hacks.

Be fair KDZ ......... it doesn't look good when your own Dad is saying that he's going to ignore the sage advice of you and your experts. That said, yes, of course it was a cheap shot ...................... but Johnson still didn't properly deal with it.

Be fair KDZ ......... it doesn't look good when your own Dad is saying that he's going to ignore the sage advice of you and your experts. That said, yes, of course it was a cheap shot ...................... but Johnson still didn't properly deal with it.

But no one is responsible for what a family member says, so it's a worthless question. He's not going to bury the family member or agree if comment is daft - just kind of brush past it.

It was not just a cheap shot it was a dereliction of his actual purpose of being there - he had one question in a really important press confrence and he chose to be a twat to get some back slap from his anti Boris mates rather than be a professional and actually get a piece of useful info that the public would be interested in. And now he's moaning about not getting another question he didn't ask answered on social media. It's unfortunately the standard we have come to expect from our journalists full of their own self importance, barely trying to pretend to report impartially.

Last edited:
I didn't say he was "responsible" for for it.

I'd have expected Johnson to say summat along the lines of a generic condemnation of such attitudes................... stupid question or not.

As for impartial journalists ......................... bear in mind that Peston is one of the ones who's been receiving the selective leaks we discussed the other day.

And another thing , all you fretting about empty shelves and people going hungry spare a thought for the likes of me having their monthly piss up in Benidorm cruelly snatched away.....I'm in bits here.