So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 30 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

The government can’t afford to lock us all down and pay 80% of wages for another 4-6 months and the public won’t stand for being locked down that long whether they’ve had the virus or not. Something will have to give.

are you an complete knob head or what

The Lord works in mysterious ways...if there's one good thing to come out this virus situation it's that those those vile little bastards who ran the cruel and despicable wet markets in China will all now be dead...good riddance to the scum.

The Lord works in mysterious ways...if there's one good thing to come out this virus situation it's that those those vile little bastards who ran the cruel and despicable wet markets in China will all now be dead...good riddance to the scum.
Only they won't - maybe the ones in Wuhan but nowhere else in China were they will continue.
Once this is over i wouldn't be surprised if china has the lowest % of deaths per head of population of any country. Also wouldn't be surprised if the US has the highest overall deaths - conspiracy I know but does make you 🤔

Harries seeming to confirm this afternoon that restrictions in one form or another are likely to continue until the autumn.

An irrelevance really in the grand scheme of things but I wonder where this leaves football and professional sport?

I’m finding it increasingly difficult to see how this current season will be finalised pre July. After that many players are out of contract and the whole integrity of the competitions would be put into question if rules are changed mid season. Financially many clubs are going to be screwed, particularly so if the Sky money isn’t forthcoming, so extending or offering new contracts would be very difficult. Short to medium term I expect transfer fees and indeed new salaries to be significantly lower than would would have been expected pre Covid. Much to the great disappointment of scousers the most logical and legally sound conclusion is the season being null and void.

The Government experts are now saying the peak will come in a fortnight,they also predict a death toll total around 20k! If these two things are accurate then the daily numbers will shortly take off to a level we will all struggle to cope with!As you say MIW frightening!!

Although the thought of so many deaths is frightening, and 20k is a large number, some context needs to be given to this.

The figure is for the whole length of the outbreak, which could be 12 -18 months if the scientists are to be believed. This is to take in the time required to develop and distribute a vaccine and effectively halt the spread.

The annual flu outbreaks are said to be the cause of upwards of 10k deaths each year in the UK.

There seems to be little difference between the figures but it is so sad that we lose so many of our older generation to these viruses each year and yet many of our younger citizens are still ignoring the advice.

Keep safe everyone.