So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 29 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

This was a stupid, crass act .....which he obviously realised.

His views re poppies (whether misguided or not) are totally understandable given his background.

Given the work he does for charity, he's obviously a decent bloke.

This was a stupid, crass act .....which he obviously realised.

His views re poppies (whether misguided or not) are totally understandable given his background.

Given the work he does for charity, he's obviously a decent bloke.

Get 2 of the 3 comments you make there Moonay, however due to his twitter post it makes your 3rd point of him being a decent bloke a bit strange imo - any decency seen in him is totally gone with the stupid, crass & uncalled for post.

James McClean the decent bloke :rofl:

Yep

Get 2 of the 3 comments you make there Moonay, however due to his twitter post it makes your 3rd point of him being a decent bloke a bit strange imo - any decency seen in him is totally gone with the stupid, crass & uncalled for post.

I understand that Jock ............ I've no idea what made him do it, and certainly why he'd post it for the world to see ........ but one stupid act doesn't stop him being a decent bloke.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4382626/west-brom-james-mcclean-cancer/

https://vipmagazine.ie/james-mclean...nour-of-late-derry-city-captain-ryan-mcbride/

http://www.irishnews.com/news/north...-to-fund-supplies-in-covid-19-crisis-1871435/

https://www.totalgiving.co.uk/charity/james-mclean-trust

919 dead in 24 hours in Italy. Over 9000 dead in 5 weeks since they reported the first. Utterly tragic and sadly the UK is on the same trajectory. Frightening.
The Government experts are now saying the peak will come in a fortnight,they also predict a death toll total around 20k! If these two things are accurate then the daily numbers will shortly take off to a level we will all struggle to cope with!As you say MIW frightening!!

The Government experts are now saying the peak will come in a fortnight,they also predict a death toll total around 20k! If these two things are accurate then the daily numbers will shortly take off to a level we will all struggle to cope with!As you say MIW frightening!!

I think the original fatality prediction was up around 25000 so if the latest predictions are now less than ten percent of that then it’s clearly welcome news - though as you say still frightening.

I think people are fixating on this 12 week deadline and then it’ll be all over. It won’t. What it’s doing is buying time so the health service isn’t overrun. Until an effective treatment is found or a vaccine developed then this thing will carry on circulating and infect everyone, unless one is luckily enough to be immune or at least resistant from it. I wouldn’t be surprised that once the restrictions are lifted if they are reimposed within 4-6 months, certainly for those in the high risk groups. The key will be determining if it can be caught a second time and if not how many of us have had it.

I think the original fatality prediction was up around 25000 so if the latest predictions are now less than ten percent of that then it’s clearly welcome news - though as you say still frightening.

I think people are fixating on this 12 week deadline and then it’ll be all over. It won’t. What it’s doing is buying time so the health service isn’t overrun. Until an effective treatment is found or a vaccine developed then this thing will carry on circulating and infect everyone, unless one is luckily enough to be immune or at least resistant from it. I wouldn’t be surprised that once the restrictions are lifted if they are reimposed within 4-6 months, certainly for those in the high risk groups. The key will be determining if it can be caught a second time and if not how many of us have had it.
The government can’t afford to lock us all down and pay 80% of wages for another 4-6 months and the public won’t stand for being locked down that long whether they’ve had the virus or not. Something will have to give.

The government can’t afford to lock us all down and pay 80% of wages for another 4-6 months and the public won’t stand for being locked down that long whether they’ve had the virus or not. Something will have to give.

The choice is simple, the country goes into more debt and people get bored or a load of people die.

I know which I'd choose

Last edited: