So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 28 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

The general consensus currently seems to be that we'll hit the peak in 2-3 weeks' time if we follow social distancing measures, and then the number of infections will start to reduce. This is a lot sooner than I expected. I think people are really listening to the government's advice now - hardly anyone's on the streets. Also was a nice moment around the country at 8pm last night with so many people coming out to show their collective appreciation for the NHS. We're definitely fighting this now - I think the next few weeks will obviously be hard for so many people but if we can ride them out I hope we can start to see improvements sooner than we initially expected. Again, best wishes to all.

I note Mike Ashley has issued a grovelling apology for trying to keep his stores open (but not for hiking online prices). Says his letter to the government was ‘ill timed’ as he’s realised they had had more important matters to deal with. No shit, the man is very perceptive teaching that conclusion. Now call me a cynic but I’m not buying the sincerity, he knows he’s made huge PR error.

I note Mike Ashley has issued a grovelling apology for trying to keep his stores open (but not for hiking online prices). Says his letter to the government was ‘ill timed’ as he’s realised they had had more important matters to deal with. No shit, the man is very perceptive teaching that conclusion. Now call me a cynic but I’m not buying the sincerity, he knows he’s made huge PR error.

Same as Martin & Wetherspoons staff (now getting paid ...... though his suppliers aren't). Arseholes.

Looks like Raab is in charge now. Moonay will be pleased 😂

:arrghh: :arrghh: :arrghh:

Seriously, no-can can be happy about this.

If it were Sunak, no problem. I've been very impressed by the confident, assuring way he speaks, his grasp of detail, and his ability to get his point across.

Raab?...................... there's only one thing for it ..................
:cheers:

Actually ......... just writing that above about Sunak ....................

CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT:
Is Johnson merely hiding away so he doesn't need to have his buffoonery on show? I acknowledged that he was competent when delivering his very first briefing, but he's managed to gradually lower the bar ever since then.

If he has it, I wish him a recovery (swift or otherwise). ......... maybe pay Trump a visit first though.
If he doesn't have it ......... just as well he keeps out of the way.

CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT:
Is Johnson merely hiding away so he doesn't need to have his buffoonery on show? I acknowledged that he was competent when delivering his very first briefing, but he's managed to gradually lower the bar ever since then.

If he has it, I wish him a recovery (swift or otherwise). ......... maybe pay Trump a visit first though.
And the cynic of the year award goes to........!

CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT:

Pretty desperate to believe such as a conspiracy Moonay.

More plausible one is that this virus is a biological weapon intended to destroy world economies. I must say I don’t go in for conspiracy theories but it’s somewhat odd Beijing and Shanghai haven’t been afflicted given the travel numbers between Wuhan and these cities.

Same as Martin & Wetherspoons staff (now getting paid ...... though his suppliers aren't). Arseholes.

:arrghh: :arrghh: :arrghh:

Seriously, no-can can be happy about this.

If it were Sunak, no problem. I've been very impressed by the confident, assuring way he speaks, his grasp of detail, and his ability to get his point across.

Raab?...................... there's only one thing for it ..................
:cheers:
Not Raab - Gove is standing in - sure that will cheer you up ? 😉🤣

Believe it? ........ I just started it ! ;)

I wasn't aware of that re Shanghai and Beijing. How has that worked then? Have they had access restricted to those cities?

I don't go in for them either ........ .I mean, let's face it, there was the ridiculous one that Trump was a Russian plant ........................... a plant?! ....... I don't think he's as intelligent as a daffodil.

Pretty desperate to believe such as a conspiracy Moonay.

More plausible one is that this virus is a biological weapon intended to destroy world economies. I must say I don’t go in for conspiracy theories but it’s somewhat odd Beijing and Shanghai haven’t been afflicted given the travel numbers between Wuhan and these cities.
Or an easy to win numbers game for China to win relatively even if it had landed meaningfully in Beijing or Shaghai.
Interestingly theories that the recent bounce back of stock markets has been fuelled by chinese investors buying at the bottom to take control of the future world economy 🤔

Not Raab - Gove is standing in - sure that will cheer you up ? 😉🤣

From the frying pan ........

Where do we start? Gove is obviously more intelligent, and in a situation like this, his sleazy duplicity is less relevant, as it gains him nothing.

One downside will be that his wife will be even more touchy about any criticism of the government or their handling of the situation.

To give him credit, I imagine Gove knows what Dover does.

CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT:

For someone who in his own words spoke of his "persistent cough" to manage a four and half minute video speech with not one cough or splutter begs one to wonder.

Strange this pandemic, politicians and public figures telling everyone to stay at home, Scottish ones even demanding those with holiday homes in the Highlands remain south, yet the silence is deafening when the owner and resident of Highgrove House in Gloucestershire is found to have the virus while staying in his families Scottish holiday home.

For someone who in his own words spoke of his "persistent cough" to manage a four and half minute video speech with not one cough or splutter begs one to wonder. .

I must admit, I thought the same. I was also puzzled by Johnson wearing a suit and especially, a tie whilst in isolation.

I suppose he may have put them on for the sake of doing the interview, but given that he never bothers to comb/brush his hair, I wouldn't have thought he was that bothered about his appearance.

Anyway ....... thank heaven for small mercies.

Just watching Sky News .........and I have one question.

Why the hell isn't Andrew Cuomo President of the United States?

Informative. Empathetic. Honest. Clear. Everything you would want from a leader at this time, handling such a situation.

Just watching Sky News .........and I have one question.

Why the hell isn't Andrew Cuomo President of the United States?

Informative. Empathetic. Honest. Clear. Everything you would want from a leader at this time, handling such a situation.
He may well be in the future after this....!

919 dead in 24 hours in Italy. Over 9000 dead in 5 weeks since they reported the first. Utterly tragic and sadly the UK is on the same trajectory. Frightening.

His health warning broadcasts will still be on though ........ the man who doesn't blink.

Hope he gets well very soon.

Absolutely, he is very reassuring, though I prefer his deputy Jenny Harries. She’s like a worldly aunt. Splitting hairs though, they are both very impressive.