So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 118 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Tory MP under Thatcher. He bleeds blue.

To be fair' I've always enjoyed listening to him on QT, Newsnight, Andrew Neil, etc. I don't always agree with what he says, (in fact, I often vehemently disagree), but he's very eloquent, in a nice charming way............ just on the good side of snide.

The ums and ers are (as you say) how Johnson speaks. To see it written down like that does make you think though. It just offers a different perspective, rather than the hand waving accompaniment.
We should do a transcript of a Steven Gerrard or Wayne Rooney interview and compare .....! 😁
Could you imagine the scouse angst if that were to happen - borderline " cityism" 😉

I'm a Catholic. I haven't always gone to church, but I do now. I don't believe in all the doctrine, but I believe in summat, ......though I'm not really sure what.

WTF is going on here?

I can understand that there are loads of manipulative arseholes (getting rich by) exploiting the vulnerable all around the US, but for the President to promote it on his back lawn .......... and many will believe that it's now sorted !!!

Sometimes, people deserve exactly what they get.

In other news a piece on the BBC webpage around some idiots being arrested in London for protesting about the lockdown is penned by the BBCs "disinformation reporter"
Oh the irony........!
Guess she will be next investigating Panorama, The Barbour phone number lies and other fake news peddled by her employer in the past few weeks ?
I won't hold me breath 🤔

Starmer now doing his best impression of an Italian tank.

Been making, and then eating tea. What's he done ?

I saw Johnson's spiel. Did OK. I thought the logic of the presentation was actually quite good .....giving a forward view of how things might look.

That said, I really don't see from what he presented why it couldn't have been done on thursday. There was no detail whatsoever that justified a delay.

In fact, based on the request of a plan for a plan, he could have done that two weeks ago, but minus any dates.

Whinging about the roadmap - and was challenged by the presenter that he asked for it and let’s say was somewhat flustered.

To be honest i found the whole thing utterly pointless. We’ll regress and be back facing another spike now before summer is out.

Whinging about the roadmap - and was challenged by the presenter that he asked for it and let’s say was somewhat flustered.

To be honest i found the whole thing utterly pointless. We’ll regress and be back facing another spike now before summer is out.
Not only was he flustered he had absolutely nothing, nada constructive to offer as alternatives.
Just a list of things he wasn't happy about - not helpful (again !🙄)

Right. Didn't see it.

As I say, I thought the roadmap was logical looking forward ........even though the switching of the messaging will be a little confusing to some. It was a "cover all bets" speech.

This house will be staying put anyway.

I presume by the "tenner" comment, you can see the view that Johnson may not last the course.

Right. Didn't see it.

As I say, I thought the roadmap was logical looking forward ........even though the switching of the messaging will be a little confusing to some. It was a "cover all bets" speech.

This house will be staying put anyway.

I presume by the "tenner" comment, you can see the view that Johnson may not last the course.

Yeah. I thought it was a shambles. The clarity of message has gone, there seems to be division between other nations and a lack of consensus.

There was no need for a roadmap. The only thing that was needed was explicit instruction and an announcement that benefits will be stopped for two months for those breaking the lockdown without good reason or an equivalent sized fine for those in employment. The infection rate will increase and we’ll be back above 1 before the end of June. And yes I agree, now I’ve heard it it could have been done on Thursday, there was little meat being put on the bone.

Apparently the message is ‘nuanced’. The country doesn’t need nuance, too many thick folk in this country that don’t get nuance. They need simple clarity.

Been making, and then eating tea. What's he done ?

I saw Johnson's spiel. Did OK. I thought the logic of the presentation was actually quite good .....giving a forward view of how things might look.

That said, I really don't see from what he presented why it couldn't have been done on thursday. There was no detail whatsoever that justified a delay.

In fact, based on the request of a plan for a plan, he could have done that two weeks ago, but minus any dates.
In an amazing turnround of events (and as on principle i can't agree with Moonay)
I thought it was dreadful.
Instead of the long winded and unspecific detail a simple re-iteration of what you can or can't do and specifically what has changed.
The go to work if you can't work at home but don't use public transport to get there was bizarre.
The schools bit even more so. Half of primary schools only - how are working parents supposed to manage around that if employers want them back at work ?
On the counter the news of increased fines for idiots more than welcome !
Do agree though that nothing in the detail couldn't have been confirmed on Thursday (unless it's on the hoof of course 😉)

I love that I'm no longer the "Boris Basher"!

Actually, I thought he was crap too ...... I just wanted to make you guys argue otherwise. :grinning:.

Nah, for him, I thought he came across OK delivery wise (from the bits I saw)........ that said, as it was recorded, there's no reason for him not being perfect.

He's under pressure (primarily from business and his own MPS) to get Britain going (there's his next slogan ;)) and was trying to be all things to all men ..........and by the sound of it, came across as not doing 'owt for no-one.

I heard the reference to half a million ........that was bollocks ........to reference a number that would have occurred if we'd done sweet FA is definitely Trumpesque.

I'll look out for the Starmer interview ....................... it'll be interesting to see him flustered for a change.
;)

Last edited:
So you

Actually, I thought he was crap too ...... I just wanted to make you guys argue otherwise. :grinning:.

Nah, for him, I thought he came across OK delivery wise (from the bits I saw)........ that said, as it was recorded, there's no reason for him not being perfect.

He's under pressure (primarily from business and his own MPS) to get Britain going (there's his next slogan ;)) and was trying to be all things to all men ..........and by the sound of it, came across as not doing 'owt for no-one.

I heard the reference to half a million ........that was bollocks ........to reference a number that would have occurred if we'd done sweet FA is definitely Trumpesque.

I'll look out for the Starmer interview ....................... it'll be interesting to see him flustered for a change.
;)
Continuing to swerve the fact he was also under pressure from the leader of the opposition SKS ?
Clearly not anymore as he seems to have changed his view per the BBC piece (who'd have thought the BBC spiking him - that reporter's getting potted 2mrw 😉) - "nothing to do with me guv" positioning - Italian tank ref spot on btw - just in case it goes wrong 🙈

......Continuing to swerve the fact he was also under pressure from the leader of the opposition SKS ?......

As soon as you provide that first piece of evidence that he wanted or called for "easement", then I'll condemn him. I've given you the businessmen and Tory MPs ....... surely you can give me Starmer.

My politics aren't so fixed that I'll blindly defend anyone ............ Starmer included. I just happen to think that he's done a good job so far (Italian tank episode excepted ........ though I've still to see it ....... both you and MiW aren't beyond a little exaggeration !
;)

;)

It was the sky interview I saw, I never watch bbc news, but seems he got nailed on both.

No issue with boris’s delivery, it was the fact he delivered very little and was utterly pointless.

Right. Watched it (Sky news) now.

Seems to me he's said everything that we've all said :

- the messaging was very poor (MiW, Hampton, OLFE)
- yes, there was a timetable, but with little detail (me, MiW), and
- no heads up (to allow preparation) had been given on the "go back to work" message ..... but not on public transport ............. and your workplace will need to enable social distancing (me, the other week).

I don't think he backtracked ................. he was just separating different issues. Message and roadmap.

And not an um or an errr in site.
;)