So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 116 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Zakky, forgive me if I'm wrong, but it felt like you were telling me what I should do ......... surely it's OK for me to do the same. I've no desire to be the "board boss", but with the number of folk telling me what I can and can't post, and where I should post it, then it certainly seems like some fancy a crack in that role.

If I'm banging the Labour Party's drum, then surely that's only because there's an orchestra playing for the Government.

You mention the Brexit thread .......and again, there were opinions on both sides. The vast majority of discussion on there went on without any personal vitriol ........ there's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't on any other political thread ....... this, lockdown, or the "good" and "bad" ones.

Again, there's a spot on this board for "off topic" stuff .......... and for obvious reasons, as everything's off topic at the moment, all threads are in the main part of the forum. But you know what's in here ........ just control your curiosity. Failing that, ask Admin to move them ........but don't carry on whinging of the discussion continues. Sorry, I don't mean to be "pointy fingered" here, but I'm bemused why folk get upset at the posting habits of other posters.

By the way ...... look back to page 1 of this thread ........ I didn't bring up the EU (Jeff's Right & Hampton), the Government & Covid (that was you) or Johnson (hindleymon).

Now I may have responded, enthusiastically even, but to (slightly incorrectly) paraphrase Billy Joel ........ I didn't start to fire.

;)

:cheers:

Zakky, forgive me if I'm wrong, but it felt like you were telling me what I should do ......... surely it's OK for me to do the same. I've no desire to be the "board boss", but with the number of folk telling me what I can and can't post, and where I should post it, then it certainly seems like some fancy a crack in that role.

If I'm banging the Labour Party's drum, then surely that's only because there's an orchestra playing for the Government.

You mention the Brexit thread .......and again, there were opinions on both sides. The vast majority of discussion on there went on without any personal vitriol ........ there's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't on any other political thread ....... this, lockdown, or the "good" and "bad" ones.

Again, there's a spot on this board for "off topic" stuff .......... and for obvious reasons, as everything's off topic at the moment, all threads are in the main part of the forum. But you know what's in here ........ just control your curiosity. Failing that, ask Admin to move them ........but don't carry on whinging of the discussion continues. Sorry, I don't mean to be "pointy fingered" here, but I'm bemused why folk get upset at the posting habits of other posters.

By the way ...... look back to page 1 of this thread ........ I didn't bring up the EU (Jeff's Right & Hampton), the Government & Covid (that was you) or Johnson (hindleymon).

Now I may have responded, enthusiastically even, but to (slightly incorrectly) paraphrase Billy Joel ........ I didn't start to fire.

;)

:cheers:
Thought it was Will Grigg that started the fire?

Oops, I don’t think messers Moonay and Dalek will be too chuffed when they read the main Telegraph article. That nice Mr Starmer referencing the war in talk of protecting those in care homes. Such language is not acceptable they tell me. Tut tut. Just so surprised they haven’t been all over this in condemnation. Best stay away from sky news as well, referencing covid 19 as the enemy. They won’t be happy. Still I doubt there’ll be much hysterical vitriol on twitter given Boris or DC haven’t mention it.

Oops, I don’t think messers Moonay and Dalek will be too chuffed when they read the main Telegraph article. That nice Mr Starmer referencing the war in talk of protecting those in care homes. Such language is not acceptable they tell me. Tut tut. Just so surprised they haven’t been all over this in condemnation. Best stay away from sky news as well, referencing covid 19 as the enemy. They won’t be happy. Still I doubt there’ll be much hysterical vitriol on twitter given Boris or DC haven’t mention it.
Sir Kier has also been bullshitting stating that Labour lost the GE because of Corbyn in the main - conveniently glossed over the erealmain reason - the pro EU anti brexit policy - advocated by .....err himself - slippy sod
https://www.ft.com/content/031031ec...PdyXYIszahP2K86UWG9jDQGWYhl--bzcQn1ZZzWbd8d9I

Fair point, if it is as you write above
Not seen it so as you might say, I cannot judge the nuance
Of more interest is the Torygraph leading with SKS and not some pro-Govt stuff, it is as though we are in a parallel universe

I'd not seen that MiW. I'm more than happy to criticise him as well if he were using the war as a bugle call for us all to have stiff upper lips, and to fight Covid on the beaches .............. but he wasn't, was he. From a quick google (and not seeing the full article) he was referencing our duty of care to "the VE generation".

Hardly a war cry.

Sky News? ......... you bad, bad news programme. Don't do it again.

There. Got to be honest mate, that was a pretty weak push-back. Oh, and I've told you quite a few times already ....... get off that bit of twitter where you continue to see all the vitriol and hysteria. There are some much nicer areas of twitter to visit.
;)

Sir Kier has also been bullshitting stating that Labour lost the GE because of Corbyn in the main - conveniently glossed over the erealmain reason - the pro EU anti brexit policy - advocated by .....err himself - slippy sod

Little point in posting a link if we can't read the bugger Hampton.

We've done the Labour (Starmer led) Brexit stance (and very simple and straightforward it was too ;)) to death over on the Brexit thread.

Labour lost the election for two simple reasons:
- Corbyn shouldn't have agreed to one in the first place, and
- by agreeing to it, Johnson could effectively make it into a 2nd referendum around Brexit, but one where he picked up all the "leave" votes (with Farage nowhere), whilst the remain vote had no centralisation. Bloody stupid.

Anyway, we left .........why keep bringing it up. :whist:
;)

This morning "gonna moan abart"...........
Football (makes a change I know)
The FA and EFL who yesterday threw the book at Macc again with a further points deduction for not fulfilling a fixture and late payment of players wages.
Funny that it seems Horwich haven't recieved a similar punishment for not turning up at Donny or late paying of their players.
Neither have Brum, Sheff Wed or " Wayne Rooney's" Derby been deducted points for their ground selling scams.
Sure they will be announced today 🤔
Macc are the new Bury - just a little club with not many fans so let's feck em.
Also if the season doesn't complete then points deductions imposed or due this season will be rolled over - right....? 😉

We've done the Labour (Starmer led) Brexit stance (and very simple and straightforward it was too ;)) to death over on the Brexit thread.

- by agreeing to it, Johnson could effectively make it into a 2nd referendum around Brexit, but one where he picked up all the "leave" votes (with Farage nowhere), whilst the remain vote had no centralisation. Bloody stupid.

;)
Don't think many - including a large majority of labour members and activists - if you would have a quick surf (with 1 eye closed) are taking your position 😁
I keep bringing it up as a counter to the fact that SKS key role in the remainer first team should not be glossed over, re-written or forgotten.
Quislings should not prosper - trotting off for behind the govts back talks with the EU whilst holding hands with Bliar and Soros is doing what to support the country exactly ?
Then trying to deflect the blame completely onto hapless Jezza is lower than a rattlesnakes belly.
The reasons Labour lost were in order
1. Not respecting the Brexit vote
2. Corbyn personally
3. Labour manifesto

Q. Would labour have lost 52 (mostly midlands and northern seats) if they had fully accepted the brexit vote to leave
A. No

;)
Can't believe a man of your standing doesn't have an FT subscription 😉🤣

Don't think many - including a large majority of labour members and activists - if you would have a quick surf (with 1 eye closed) are taking your position 😁
I keep bringing it up as a counter to the fact that SKS key role in the remainer first team should not be glossed over, re-written or forgotten.
Quislings should not prosper - trotting off for behind the govts back talks with the EU whilst holding hands with Bliar and Soros is doing what to support the country exactly ?
Then trying to deflect the blame completely onto hapless Jezza is lower than a rattlesnakes belly.
The reasons Labour lost were in order
1. Not respecting the Brexit vote
2. Corbyn personally
3. Labour manifesto

Q. Would labour have lost 52 (mostly midlands and northern seats) if they had fully accepted the brexit vote to leave
A. No

If you think about what I said, and what you've posted, we're actually saying the same thing Hampton.

I agree SKS was a lead Remainer. No question, no argument.

Quislings? WTF? ........... I'll ignore it.

Blaming Jezza is fair for the reasons I mentioned .......mainly that he shouldn't have "granted" Johnson the election in the first place.

As for your 3 reasons, I 100% agree.

Re your Q & A, again, I agree .............. but that's not the issue. Lots of Labour voters placed a tick against a Tory candidate because of their Brexit stance. For Tory voters who wanted to remain, their votes were split between Lib Dem, Green and Labour ................... but I say again, that an election (run largely on a single issue) should not have been the vehicle for resolving the impasse.

If you think about what I said, and what you've posted, we're actually saying the same thing Hampton.

I agree SKS was a lead Remainer. No question, no argument.

Quislings? WTF? ........... I'll ignore it.

Blaming Jezza is fair for the reasons I mentioned .......mainly that he shouldn't have "granted" Johnson the election in the first place.

As for your 3 reasons, I 100% agree.

Re your Q & A, again, I agree .............. but that's not the issue. Lots of Labour voters placed a tick against a Tory candidate because of their Brexit stance. For Tory voters who wanted to remain, their votes were split between Lib Dem, Green and Labour ................... but I say again, that an election (run largely on a single issue) should not have been the vehicle for resolving the impasse.
I am seriously trying for a non politics quietly reflective VE day and tried via earlier football related post to do that.
Unfortunately I've fallen into a trap here 🤣

So will leave the debate until tomorrow 😉

As every day is still a school day though and for clarity :-
Quisling - def - a person who helps an adversary take control of his / her country

I could have used a stronger word to describe SKS's collaboration with the EU (and as for his weasel strategy for deflecting total blame onto Jezza for the GE defeat - true colours?) but do believe he conducted himself in this way out of a misguided belief together with being unable to read the mood of the majority of the country (not a good attribute in a leader !) rather than out of a wanton objective to fundamentally undermine our country.
Though i could be wrong about his real intentions in giving benefit of doubt here 😉

https://www.ft.com/content/031031ec...PdyXYIszahP2K86UWG9jDQGWYhl--bzcQn1ZZzWbd8d9I

He’s probably trying to distance himself from that lunacy he advocated. That said they did lose because of Steptoe, who backed his nonsense. It’s all interlinked. A bit like the Saville business, the Rochdale grooming gang blind eye and now the lockdown impatience he’s trying to re write history in regards his stance of not upholding the result of a democratic referendum and comical proposals he advocated to get around it.

Fair point, if it is as you write above
Not seen it so as you might say, I cannot judge the nuance
Of more interest is the Torygraph leading with SKS and not some pro-Govt stuff, it is as though we are in a parallel universe

Yeah I’ll be cancelling the subscription if carries on 😉

I'd not seen that MiW. I'm more than happy to criticise him as well if he were using the war as a bugle call for us all to have stiff upper lips, and to fight Covid on the beaches .............. but he wasn't, was he. From a quick google (and not seeing the full article) he was referencing our duty of care to "the VE generation".

Hardly a war cry.

Sky News? ......... you bad, bad news programme. Don't do it again.

There. Got to be honest mate, that was a pretty weak push-back. Oh, and I've told you quite a few times already ....... get off that bit of twitter where you continue to see all the vitriol and hysteria. There are some much nicer areas of twitter to visit.
;)

Darkest hour mentioned, the lot. Quite a good piece, but you won’t appreciate the underlying tone. Don’t do twitter anymore, as I said I can only imagine there’ll be a lack of condemnation as Boris or DC didn’t write it.

.......and now the lockdown impatience........

Same challenge as to Hampton MiW.

Please feel free to offer a single shred of evidence that he sought any easement whatsoever.

He was asking for a plan for a plan. That's all. The last time we had this discussion, a couple of weeks ago, I got told (by JK, and I think you) not to be impatient, and to wait until 7th May, when Johnson would reveal his intentions.

7th has been and gone, and his dithering/delay/uncertainty/playing to the crowd (or add your own reason) means that this weekend, some idiots (with encouragement from most of the "right wing"/government supporting (again, add your own categorisation) media, might start to think they can do as they feel.

Cos let's face it ................ even if he had told folk to go and play outside this weekend, with SKS being so monotone, no bugger listens to what he says anyway.

;)

Same challenge as to Hampton MiW.

Please feel free to offer a single shred of evidence that he sought any easement whatsoever.

He was asking for a plan for a plan. That's all. The last time we had this discussion, a couple of weeks ago, I got told (by JK, and I think you) not to be impatient, and to wait until 7th May, when Johnson would reveal his intentions.

7th has been and gone, and his dithering/delay/uncertainty/playing to the crowd (or add your own reason) means that this weekend, some idiots (with encouragement from most of the "right wing"/government supporting (again, add your own categorisation) media, might start to think they can do as they feel.

Cos let's face it ................ even if he had told folk to go and play outside this weekend, with SKS being so monotone, no bugger listens to what he says anyway.

;)

You’re right no bugger would listen to him. It was this plan for a plan impatience brought up in the commons and to the media I’m talking about. The media took hold of it and began speculating. It’s snowballed from there and true to form he’s trying to wriggle out of out by saying now the lockdown should continue.