So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 119 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

The various media outlets have been reporting that Wednesday is the day to start returning to work (via Dominic Raab).
A list of workers should be provided around 2pm today.

Last nights effort looking totally lame.

The various media outlets have been reporting that Wednesday is the day to start returning to work (via Dominic Raab).
A list of workers should be provided around 2pm today.

Last nights effort looking totally lame.

Monday?......... Wednesday? ......... It's looking like the government literally aren't sure what day it is.

One small crumb of comfort ............... given that all government ministers have been told to boycott GMTV, for Andrew Bridgen to go on, contradict "official" guidance, then declare that he can't speak on behalf of the government was an act of either tremendous bravery of utter stupidity. I'm going the latter.

Morgan was already frothing at the mouth with Raab for being too chicken speak to him, so he ripped Bridgen a new un.

Should be fun in the house later.

Really ?... can't feckin wait :yawning:

Football ......cricket .....rugby ......fishing ..... bird watching ...... gardening ..... politics ....

Some folk love em ......some folk are bored by em.

It'd be a boring owd world if we all enjoyed the same things.

Vive la difference.
;)

More clarity today thankfully. The speech last night was not necessary without the supporting documents. Some contradictions in there and some things that don’t really make practical sense but nevertheless it’s not really that difficult to understand.

Tried to listen to Starmer but he has a voice that just doesn’t engage so no idea what I assume he was moaning about.

it’s Boring. He said go to work IF it’s safe to do He did not say you have to go to work This will never go away we have to learn to live with it.

it’s Boring. He said go to work IF it’s safe to do He did not say you have to go to work This will never go away we have to learn to live with it.
I think one of the issues John is ......what happens if you think your workplace isn't safe (social distancing etc), but your employer insists you return.

What protection (no pun) would you have?.

I agree that an awful lot is down to common sense, but as we saw from the street parties, that's not as common as we might hope.

As soon as you provide that first piece of evidence that he wanted or called for "easement", then I'll condemn him. I've given you the businessmen and Tory MPs ....... surely you can give me Starmer.

My politics aren't so fixed that I'll blindly defend anyone ............ Starmer included. I just happen to think that he's done a good job so far (Italian tank episode excepted ........ though I've still to see it ....... both you and MiW aren't beyond a little exaggeration !
;)
There you go - now if you don't believe that coming out with this does anything else but equals ramping up pressure on the govt to implement a lockdown easing i will use your favourite head banging on wall emoji thing.

Also it's from the grudian so must be a "reliable" source 😉
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-to-set-out-plans-to-end-coronavirus-lockdown

In fact it was the very point the BBC reporter challenged him on last night - at which point he went into reverse.

So it's Hampton, The Guardian and the BBC in alignment - and that has never, ever happened before !

I suppose it's a decent try .......but nowhere decent enough.

the Labour leader, is pushing for a government strategy

He said his party would support whatever measures were necessary to bring down the UK’s death rate

about how the government plans to leave the lockdown,

He simply doesn't ask for easement ...... not in any sense. If you sadi it ramps up pressure to come up with a strategy, , or how easement might work, then yes, of course, I'd agree it does ....... but he clearly says he would support whatever measures were necessary.

Sorry mate. I expected better. I did. You might think that he's wanted lockdown easing, but you can't point to a single quote or article to support your view. ......... and let's face it, if this is the best you can do, .......you know it.

:shrug:

By the way, I see No 10 have had to advise the country that the PM "mis-spoke" during his commons briefing. ( I missed this, as it was part of the lengthy question set afterwards).

Apparently, when he said that "if Covid is detected in the water supply of a certain town" (:oops::oops::oops:), he actually meant in the "sewage water".

:slap:

OK - if you're determined to disagree with The Guardian, The BBC and myself fair do's.

It's how playing politics works and Sir Kier was doing just that. Then realising his (not so) cunning plan had been rumbled when the BBC challenged him on it - delivered his Italian tank moment last night.
I "expected" you would understand and acknowledge that this is simply political points scoring.
Initiating and calling for action equals pressure being applied on the government. The fact he has nothing constructive to offer as alternative speaks volumes - neither have his mates the TUC nor the Teachers apart from "no".
If you wish to keep denying see below 😉

:arrghh:

OK - if you're determined to disagree with The Guardian, The BBC and myself fair do's.

Eh? The Guardian doesn't say what you allege, and the BBC interviewer asked a question ......... and Starmer stated he'd only been calling for the plan.

It's how playing politics works and Sir Kier was doing just that. Then realising his (not so) cunning plan had been rumbled when the BBC challenged him on it - delivered his Italian tank moment last night.
I "expected" you would understand and acknowledge that this is simply political points scoring.

Rumbled? It was nothing of the sort. An interviewer overstepping his ability, thought he'd bowled the LoTO, a googly, and it was met by a very straight Starmer bat.

Initiating and calling for action equals pressure being applied on the government.

Action? He called for a strategy .......which is a plan for action.
(In fact, early on, he was simply calling for an outline, or a plan for the strategy).

The fact he has nothing constructive to offer as alternative speaks volumes -

What makes you say this. The PM thanked him for his support the other day. If it's the line in the Guardian article saying but he could not set out his own timetable or a “rival strategy” then that's surely because (as he also said) that he doesn't want to score political points. It would enrage you if he did.

... neither have his mates the TUC nor the Teachers apart from "no".

Haven't the TUC asked to be engaged? What would you have them do at their own behest? They'll want their members to get back to work ......in a safe manner.

As for the Teachers, I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make here.

If you wish to keep denying see below 😉

:arrghh:

Hey, don't worry .........replying to you and MiW, I well understand how that feels.
;)

I think one of the issues John is ......what happens if you think your workplace isn't safe (social distancing etc), but your employer insists you return.

What protection (no pun) would you have?.

I agree that an awful lot is down to common sense, but as we saw from the street parties, that's not as common as we might hope.
No one saying you have to go to work but we have to make a move And a lot do want to go back to there job. I agree. Some could be bullied. But also some could lose the job. I was in a plumbers merchants today. And he said if they had not opened He would have closed shop with the loss of. 6 jobs. Plus and negative point for both

No one saying you have to go to work but we have to make a move And a lot do want to go back to there job. I agree. Some could be bullied. But also some could lose the job. I was in a plumbers merchants today. And he said if they had not opened He would have closed shop with the loss of. 6 jobs. Plus and negative point for both

It's a bugger isn't it? The point is though, had the plumbers merchants made arrangements that made it as safe as possible for the staff? Hopefully., they had.

From a Telegraph article today:

The Labour Party have now curiously clearly positioned themselves as the pro-lockdown party, seemingly ready to resist changes in messaging and shifts to any state of affairs that do not resemble house arrest. Ironically, Sir Keir Starmer was among the initial few voices to demand a route out of the lockdown in the first place. Now that the Government is doing exactly that, however, Labour’s mood music has shifted.

You man Moonay has been caught with his pants down again. Bit like the brexit stance, the Rochdale grooming gang and jimmy sav, the man is once more trying to distance himself from his involvement in demanding a path out of lockdown. More fool the government and Boris however for listening to him - a lesson I hope they’ve now learned.