Snodgrass? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Snodgrass?

He prefers to play on the right or as a number 10. So that's right wing or inside left.
I'm confused.

First of all, haven't posted in a while so hello everyone - hope you're all fine and dandy!

Snodgrass is a decent player and I know he can play AM but I have to say I thought we already had two decent right wingers (Adonai, Elmohady) so a little concerned about the lack of balance in the squad. Seems Bruce wants to bring in players he knows which is fair enough, but as some have said in this thread I'd have thought there are other areas where we lack cover.

Is he better than what we have? Yes he is or was before he went to west ham. Many questioned Whelan but we'd be up shit creek without him now. We are already 10 points behind so we really are not in a position to question the signing of Snodgrass.
Even if we were top you still have to move forward .
I'm really happy we are giving the kids a go but they won't get us up . Let's be realistic here

Yes ideally you need everyone that improves the team. But with the squad we already have any decent manager should be able to do a job.

MiniCooper - 27/8/2017 09:40

Yes ideally you need everyone that improves the team. But with the squad we already have any decent manager should be able to do a job.

Hell Mate long time no see , I agree they should be but they're not doing it . We should be capable of going to Bristol and coming away with 3 points , not a well earned draw.
Most managers would kill for our squad that's for sure including a few in the league above

Villan57 - 27/8/2017 08:46

Is he better than what we have? Yes he is or was before he went to west ham. Many questioned Whelan but we'd be up shit creek without him now. We are already 10 points behind so we really are not in a position to question the signing of Snodgrass.
I'm really happy we are giving the kids a go but they won't get us up . Let's be realistic here[/QUOTE

57, I've just worked out your real identity.
You are Alan Hansen aren't you?
Sad that you are still pushing the, "You'll never win anything with kids", goof.

I'm really happy we are giving the kids a go but they won't get us up . Let's be realistic here[/QUOTE

57, I've just worked out your real identity.
You are Alan Hansen aren't you?
Sad that you are still pushing the, "You'll never win anything with kids", goof.

I'm really happy we are giving the kids a go but they won't get us up . Let's be realistic here

Why would we be up shit creek without Whelen??? He's looked poor so far and his old legs and lack of mobility in the middle has cost us so far in my opinion. I expected this from him but what I didn't expect was how much he gives the ball away needlessly, that has surprised me. I'm sure he will improve but so far what I've seen from Doyle Hayes he would have given us much more energy in the middle and would not have got so overrun like we did in hull, reading and Cardiff.

Looked like a weaker less mobile version of jedinak so far.

BromsgroveVilla - 27/8/2017 12:57

Why would we be up shit creek without Whelen???

Looked like a weaker less mobile version of jedinak so far.

Yep he's not a patch on Jedinak but he's the only player we have who has the discipline to do the job and get a foot in . Hayes looks the part but he's not getting a game nor will he under Bruce. I really like him too.
Hourihane is now a super star after one good game but couldn't tackle a traffic cone. Lansbury is the same . Then we are down to kids who haven't started a league game
The same was levelled at Sanchez as well ? Yes he gives the ball away trying to push us forwards , we could always get Westwood back on loan he never gave the ball away neither did he ever win it .
The only way not to give the ball away is not to have it in the first place , Let's be honest the whole team give the ball away if you leave them long enough.

So without Whelan we would be down to an 18 year old untested kid . Much as I like the idea of playing the under 23's the reality is they are no better than any other clubs under 23's despite the hype . We won't win the championship with our under 23 side , They probably won't win their own league.

It's about promotion not trying to do it with "our own " .

Been there done that myself and it's a great feeling winning a league with all local kids but then you hit the wall .

Just been reading Snoddiy's interview. So he fell out with Bilic because Bilic wanted to play him on the left wing??!! Looks like we have 3 right-wingers. 4 if you include Green, who doesn't mind playing on the left.

Bruce has already bought players in the same position so I am confused.

I can only assume he is that good he couldn't miss out on getting him.

Hourihane, Lansbury and Elmohady were purchased in Snodgrass " favoured " positions plus I rate Adomah whereas Bruce obviously doesn't, when we signed Snodgrass I seen him as left side option but he says that's why he fell out with Bilic for trying to play him there....

Quite strange though Aspinall when he turned round and said that Billic was playing him in a position that was alien to him which it quite clearly wasn't.He has played on the left quite a lot through out his career and he can deliver a very decent cross with his left.

Just been reading that he's actually left footed but I do get what he's saying cus back in the day when I was playing I was asked to play left wing even though I was right footed and I loved it cus by having to cut inside it gave me an option of dinking one in or having a pop at goal.Where when I was on the right goal scoring chances were a lot scarcer cus I was always out wide.

The Fear - 26/8/2017 22:04

I used Snoddy in my article title! lol

Sorry but basically what I'm saying is your mind works the same way as mine.

That's frightening BB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading that chapter of your book, I've been irrevocably damaged!

Its because of transfer decisions like this, that I have become convinced that our manager has completely lost the plot.
Who, in a sane frame of mind, would sell one left back, without at least trying for a replacement, not forgetting the negotiations for Amavi were a long drawn out affair.
Who would reasonably look to break up a tight and improving defensive partnership, by replacing one mid-twenties part of it, with two mid-thirties has-beens.
Who would have the second highest assists maker in the league, playing wide right midfield/wing and a teenage International wide right midfield/winger, then buy two further wide right midfield/wingers.
Especially when our wide left midfield is so bare of options, that Flabby Gabby the pie-eater has to be played there.
Who in his right mind, puts all of his eggs in one basket, by entering protracted discussions for a loan goalkeeper, without going for a back-up option?
What kind of experienced manager has two transfer windows and ends up with a squad so unbalanced that we have 5 rightbacks and 1 left back?
Look at the evidence of the transfer business done, not forgetting we are right up against FFP rules, so could, at least theorectically, be banned from further transfer activity, for three years and tell me you are happy with the managerial decision to not only loan Snodgrass but, negotiate a buying price for seasons end.
Villa fans, forget promotion this season and get ready for any resurrection of this once big club to take another decade.

With the announcement of the capture of West Ham midfielder Robert Snodgrass on a loan deal this season, the player has said he can't wait to link up with Steve Bruce...

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523462">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

We are paying 42k of his wages which if he helps us to promotion it will be a snip when you consider Richards and Gabby are on similar wages for doing naff all.Whether he will help us to promotion is in the balance until we learn how to turn the draws into wins so who knows he is a good player at this level though.