Snodgrass? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Snodgrass?

Looks like we might have a bench to liven things up against tiring teams now. It's getting harder to pick a starting eleven.

Melon Donkey - 25/8/2017 16:58

We really should be getting promoted.

We should be no question. The rest of the league must be looking at our squad with disbelief if we don't make it. As will our fans with the strength in depth we have now.

A loan signing for Aston Villa... Robert Snodgrass from West Ham United.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523453">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Largely positive reaction to the loan signing of Robert Snodgrass with a few exceptions.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523454">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

This a good signing - he walk into and probably be one the better players for all other championship squads

Technically strong and will automatically become out best over set pieces, he is very dangerous coming in from the right and he may not be the quickest but is more technically gifted the our speed merchants

I was shouting for Snodgrass a year ago, for me he is a luxury player we were missing. Great delivery, creates chances, scores goals and is proven. I haven't seen him play much but from the times I have seen him live I've been impressed.

My concern now is how do you fit him in with a team which contains Hourihane?

VitalFootballAdmin - 25/8/2017 17:41

A loan signing for Aston Villa... Richard Snodgrass from West Ham United.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523453">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Great signing that Richard Snodgrass is

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_T._Snodgrass

danvilla2 - 25/8/2017 21:06

Easy, play him RW instead of Elmo who wasn't great tonight. Harsh on Adomah though. Does Bruce see him as a No10 though, with one up top?

So we could be looking at:

Johnstone

Samba Terry Chester

Hutton Jedinak Whelan Taylor

Elmo Hourihane Snoddy

Davis

With Johnstone, Hourihane and Davis representing "youth".

Didn't know this was finalised. Yes a good signing. I still don't think we are automatic promotion candidates under Bruce but this signing might push us to the promotion spots and then we might get a bit of luck.

I was shouting for Snodgrass a year ago, for me he is a luxury player we were missing. Great delivery, creates chances, scores goals and is proven. I haven't seen him play much but from the times I have seen him live I've been impressed.

You have very positive thoughts about a player you haven't seen much mate. Why is that?
All of the positives you came up with for Snodgrass, are exactly the same ones that were said about Hourihane. Its strange that now that Mr. Bruce has stumbled on Hourihane's best position, where we are likely to see his best work, we will play him besides the DM again, where he isn't suited, especially when Snodgrass plays.

1958Villan - 25/8/2017 23:23

You have very positive thoughts about a player you haven't seen much mate. Why is that?
All of the positives you came up with for Snodgrass, are exactly the same ones that were said about Hourihane. Its strange that now that Mr. Bruce has stumbled on Hourihane's best position, where we are likely to see his best work, we will play him besides the DM again, where he isn't suited, especially when Snodgrass plays.

Fair challenge, from what I've seen of MOTD highlights admittidely however 99% of us will be going off that, to me he looks like someone who can be more effective going forward than what we've got. My point about not seeing him thatuch was meant to be before a point about not knowing what he'd be like defensively. I haven't honestly watched all 38 Hull games of 2015 before making this post :44:

Hourihane was an exciting signing and hasn't turned bad over night. In 25 Barnsley game she he scored 6 and had 11 assists, that's a return on investment I haven't seen at VP since probably Ashley Young. We've bought sporadically and are trying to fit them in like a jigsaw puzzle using pieces from different puzzles.

If I was Bruce, i would look at our squad and pick our Kodjia, Hogan and Hourihane as our three most gifted and likely golscorers. And from that, decide what signings suit getting those three scoring goals. Does signing Snodgrass do that? Potentially for kodjia and hogan, but yes pushes Hourihane back towards our goal.

If we're comparing Bacuna to Snodgrass as one-in-one-out signing, although not exactly the same position then I'm happy with the business. Take the cash for someone who needed to move on for his own career and if Snodgrass is a flop we haven't wasted £5-6m.

Initially, I felt rather underwhelmed by the signing, but on reflection, it's probably decent enough business when you compare Snodgrass to Bacuna, as has been mentioned.

My issue with it would be our lack of cover elsewhere - especially in the left-back area. If we are feeling the bite of FFP, is it a good use of limited resources to sign another predominantly right-sided player at the possible expense of defensive cover?

If Taylor gets crocked, who will fill in? De Laet? Bree? Bjarnason?

But taken at face value, Snodgrass is probably a decent loan signing.

I used Snoddy in my article title! lol

Sorry but basically what I'm saying is your mind works the same way as mine.

That's frightening BB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!