Siggy's a mummy | Page 4 | Vital Football

Siggy's a mummy

Believe me, I do not want to move back up north at all. Doug's company closed this office down here and offered him a promotion, the catch is we have to move to Milwaukee. Bonus out of the move, I get to stay at home and take care of the girls because of promotion and raise.

Some news. We just got home from the hospital with Sophie. We took her to the ER Friday night, she was having issues with her laryngomalacia and we had a sleep study done on Thursday night and the findings weren't all that great. She spent several hours with 88% saturation of oxygen in her blood. Not good, not good at all.

We were admitted and saw the ENTs again and they said she needed surgery. It is a holiday weekend here so we didn't think she would have surgery until tomorrow because her doctor was not on call. However, we lucked out and he came in for her surgery yesterday. Thankfully it all went well and we are all home now. She sounds so much better and is eating better again. We are thrilled and so very lucky.

We are exhausted. I've had about a total of 8 hours of sleep since Wednesday. We are so happy to be home and can't wait to get into our bed. Doug slept on the floor of Sophie's hospital room and I was on a tiny sofa. Thankfully my in laws were here to see the girls and they were able to stay with Sadie so we could stay with Sophie.

Sophie is so much better now. I can't even begin to tell you the difference. Her color is normal, breathing is so much easier for her and she is eating better! Hopefully soon she will catch up to her sister, Sadie has almost 2 lbs on her.

There is nothing scarier than seeing your 6.5 week old daughters lips turn blue from lack of oxygen and her needing surgery. You don't realize how strong you can be until you need to be.

God bless you all Siggy. It is scary I know. I had alot of health issues with my 3rd when he was a baby. I remember when my eldest went in to have his tonsils and adenoids out and he was 4. I was terrified. I feel for you.

You have to find the strength. It is after you meltdown with relief they are O.K

SiggyBrownie - 2/9/2013 22:18

There is nothing scarier than seeing your 6.5 week old daughters lips turn blue from lack of oxygen and her needing surgery. You don't realize how strong you can be until you need to be.

Yup, parents have a whole new level of strength I think Siggy. Give the little ones a kiss from Uncle Fear!

Consider it done Uncle Fear.

If a month ago you told me one of my girls would need to have surgery and would be in the hospital for several days I would have told you I would have freaked out and told you I wouldn't be able to handle it. Now I am so happy she had that surgery. It helped her so much.