Sheff Wed at home - 4/11/17 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sheff Wed at home - 4/11/17

Looks like Onomah Koj and Snoddy are doubtful, but we have plenty of cover in this squad .

so stand by for Hutton to right back Taylor to left back Elmo to right wing and Jedi in midfield with the Whelan and Hourihane .

Aston Villa are at Villa Park with Sheffield Wednesday the visitors today, this will be a 3pm kick-off.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523780">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Villan57 - 4/11/2017 10:32

Looks like Onomah Koj and Snoddy are doubtful, but we have plenty of cover in this squad .

so stand by for Hutton to right back Taylor to left back Elmo to right wing and Jedi in midfield with the Whelan and Hourihane .

I hope he doesn't start with both Whelan and Jedinak. No way we need 2 totally defensive players in midfield.

I wouldn't change the defence either if Snodgrass doesn't make it. I would just put O'Hare in on the right.

If Onomah is out as well then Grealish can play the No. 10 role and the combination of O'Hare , Davis , Albert with Grealish just in behind could be very potent.

While I’m not keen to play jedinak and whelan together from the start, I’m less keen to see Grealish just thrown straight back in after a lengthy lay off. I’d rather see o’Hare given a start if we have to.

JW85 - 4/11/2017 12:01

Villan57 - 4/11/2017 10:32

I hope he doesn't start with both Whelan and Jedinak. No way we need 2 totally defensive players in midfield.[/QUOTE

Two defensive midfielders, Whelan and Jedinak, would, in the right game, allow both fullbacks to play higher up the pitch especially if a third centreback was used.
Teams like Chelsea have used the tactic very effectively as an attacking ploy.
I do agree however that this game isn't the right game.

VillaTomB38 - 4/11/2017 12:47

While I’m not keen to play jedinak and whelan together from the start, I’m less keen to see Grealish just thrown straight back in after a lengthy lay off. I’d rather see o’Hare given a start if we have to.

Grealish was told he needed 3 reserve games under his belt before coming back into the match day squad. He's had those 3 games. According to reports in the last one he ran the show, including 3 assists. He's ready. If Onomah is out then I reckon either him or Hogan with Davis up front.

Lansbury has only had 45 minutes since his injury, so won't be considered. However, according to reports it was a very lively 45 minutes including a goal. Don't write him off yet. Could be a good option when we're short of pace in midfield. I'm convinced he's a better player than so far we've seen, and would benefit from being in a strong squad.

Yep. Chance for Hogan. Playing with a big strike partner. 2 wingers. Can see why he is in. Time to prove himself and Bruce's judgement in signing him.

Aston Villa are at Villa Park with Sheffield Wednesday the visitors for the latest Championship game.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523781">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Big chance for Hogan today - a start and not up front on his own. Got to show he has something because he’s in real danger of drifting into becoming a nothing player who just makes up the numbers.

Personally I think there is something there - hope he proves me right!