Sheff Wed at home - 4/11/17 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sheff Wed at home - 4/11/17

danvilla2 - 3/11/2017 13:33

RE: San Siri i did a tour there and felt really let down by it, just felt like a large concrete stadium ready to fall apart.

It’s old and lacks investment due to it being owned by the council and to have things done, it needs the agreement of all 3 parties and some money of course. To see it at full tilt you need to go to a derby (I went the Milan derby in April, brilliant) but even the average games with 40/50,000 there they make some noise, just looks a bit empty. Still one of my favourite stadiums, so much has gone on there you can’t help but be in awe.

I wouldn’t drop hourihane, think he’s been good this season, has found his feet a bit more for sure and starting to add a few goals which we need from the midfield. I see no one is clamouring to see Lansbury back in, for me he adds absolutely nothing which is odd when you look at how he was for forest. I’d rather play Taylor at LB but happy for Hutton to continue there as he’s been doing well, see how he gets on tomorrow.

Regardless of who plays, I hope to see more of the same as Wednesday night.

Attack these teams with some swagger is the way out of this league - that has been proved by promoted teams.

Should be something like a 2-0 home win...........I hope!?

Up The Villa

:94:

Villan57 - 3/11/2017 07:22

Bruce will stick with the same if he can I expect.
Back 5 are a given ,I think Hutton has been a better left back than Taylor so why would he get dropped.
We need Jedi back in and I’d drop Hourihane but I’m guessing he,s still dining out on that hattrick . He’s done bugger all since and unless he’s pushed forward he’s not likely to show much.
For a role playing off Davis , grealish or ohare would be my pick but Bruce won’t be that brave .

I'd love to see O'Hare get his chance even if it's only twenty minutes at the end.

Same team, barring injuries, and would like to see Grealish and O'Hare on the bench. Wouldn't it be good to be in a position to bring one or both of those on when comfortably ahead, in control and give them free rein to play and create problems for the opposition.

Has Grealish looked much better than O'Hare and Doyle (and the others) for the reserves to warrant the clamour for him to go straight back in ?
Reckon we'd benefit from a couple of the youngsters in and around the match day squad regularly.
Our massive squad really should start paying dividends as we get deeper into the season esp versus the like of those we trail cardiff,sheff utd & bristol.

Thought Brucie favoured 2 up top so Davis & Hogan and a resounding win innit

:94:

The Fear - 2/11/2017 13:40

Clearly a Villa win :94:

A rare miss for me this, off to Milan to see Kasabian Friday night and Inter Milan Sunday.

Indubitably!

I would be interested to see Hogan paired with Davis. Initially many said he wasn’t scoring because of service, then because he was on his own. Well now we have the service and a big man for him to play off, so if he still doesn’t get goals then I’m afraid he may just be out of his depth... I hope he starts getting goals because he’s a grafter, but you can only get so many opportunities...

Bruce said today the payers are comfortable with the formation we are using so although he prefers 4-4-2 I think for the time being we will be playing 4-5-1 as most teams pack the midfield nowadays and as we showed a Wolves we struggle when that happens playing 4-4-2

It's believed that that Kodjia (pretty obvious), Onomah and Snoddy are doubtful for tomorrow, which could open it up for the likes of O'Hare or Grealish to be included in the team.

Pride of Lions - 3/11/2017 18:27

It's believed that that Kodjia (pretty obvious), Onomah and Snoddy are doubtful for tomorrow, which could open it up for the likes of O'Hare or Grealish to be included in the team.

If Snodgrass is out then it will be Elmo into midfield, Hutton to right-back and Taylor back in at left-back.
If Onomah is out then I see Jedi coming back in and Hourihane pushing up higher.

As much as I enjoy seeing the youngsters play, I don't think Grealish (fitness) or O'Hare (experience) are yet ready to play 90 minutes. Now 30-40 minutes off the bench, yes.....

Grealish was running the show on the 6-0 demolition job the other night. Think he's ready. O'Hare ought at least to make the bench. Lansbury apparently played well but it was his first 45 minutes for a while, so no chance.

Not the right thread for this so apologies for putting it in, but I've just been listening to Stilyan Petrov on Radio 5 Live football show. What an inspirational bloke he is. It was a stark reminder of the hell he and his family went through and of the high regard in which he holds Villa and the support he received.

I would not drop Hourihane either , think he's playing well and we have some stability at last .
The likes of hogan and Lansbury worry me as they look dire and agree about Grealish he doesn't warrant a place at all. He needs to earn it and wait for an injury or suspension or poor form

You can tell Hourihane is on an upward trajectory and getting better . He will prove to be a very good signing

Villa since '63 - 3/11/2017 08:23

Same team, barring injuries, and would like to see Grealish and O'Hare on the bench. Wouldn't it be good to be in a position to bring one or both of those on when comfortably ahead, in control and give them free rein to play and create problems for the opposition.

Yeah it would, but and it's a big BUT .... that isn't going to happen under Bruce

ironside - 3/11/2017 20:11

Not the right thread for this so apologies for putting it in, but I've just been listening to Stilyan Petrov on Radio 5 Live football show. What an inspirational bloke he is. It was a stark reminder of the hell he and his family went through and of the high regard in which he holds Villa and the support he received.

Petrov can interrupt any thread he wants as far as i am concerned.

Quality player, inspirational person, and the club and fans should be rightly proud of what was done for him aswell.

villasince67 - 3/11/2017 22:33

Villa since '63 - 3/11/2017 08:23

Yeah it would, but and it's a big BUT .... that isn't going to happen under Bruce

Yes you are right 67, but we can but hope and dream!!