Sheff Wed at home - 4/11/17 | Vital Football

Sheff Wed at home - 4/11/17

VillaTomB38

Vital Football Hero
Tough test at home against team who’ve been there/thereabouts for the last couple of seasons. Should be winning this if we’re seriously to be considered for promotion (Goes for most game season I guess).

Same team as Wednesday night would be a given but maybe bring in Taylor at LB as it’s his natural position. Wouldn’t mind seeing jedinak in there but I don’t want to see whelan dropped either, decisions decisions for Brucey.

I can't see Hutton being dropped after last nights performance , it would be grossly unfair. I think it was his best ever game for us.

Onomah maybe a doubt as well , but Kodjia could be fit , so those injuries will have a big bearing on the make up of the side.

Clearly a Villa win :94:

A rare miss for me this, off to Milan to see Kasabian Friday night and Inter Milan Sunday.

The Football League have now announced the Match Day officials that will take charge of the game between Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday this Saturday.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523764">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

I thought the ref last night was the best ref I have ever seen and gave all the decisions to us.

Hope this buffoon on Saturday took note and does the same.

I keep forgetting I'm the only one that can merge threads.

:91: :91: :91:

Hutton has arguably been our MOTM for 4 games in a row. Some people amaze me. Why would anyone drop him?

If Onomah is out I'd like to see Grealish given a runout behind Davis. I've always said I want to see what Grealish can do in a good side, full of confidence playing on the front foot. Nows his chance.

The Fear - 3/11/2017 05:40

Clearly a Villa win :94:

A rare miss for me this, off to Milan to see Kasabian Friday night and Inter Milan Sunday.

Been the san siro twice, an absolute temple of football which gives you goosebumps upon seeing it! (And maybe hearing it depending on the game)

I know Hutton has been doing well and always gives 100% but we’ve all moaned about square pegs in round holes in the past and at the moment he’s exactly that, a RB playing at LB. Grealish I wouldn’t mind making a cameo after his injury but not from the get go, he must be looking at the team and wondering where he might fit in. I hope onomah isn’t injured because he’s been quality.

DeanoVilla - 2/11/2017 23:10

Hutton has arguably been our MOTM for 4 games in a row. Some people amaze me. Why would anyone drop him?

If Onomah is out I'd like to see Grealish given a runout behind Davis. I've always said I want to see what Grealish can do in a good side, full of confidence playing on the front foot. Nows his chance.

Great point. I always felt it was very unfair to put the young lads into a losing side and expecting them to turn it around.

No way can Hutton be dropped he has been fantastic at LB and has done a better job than anyone else in that position this season.

Sheff Weds are not playing well at all and the fans have been calling for the manager's head.

2-0 to us.

Jedinak in for Whelan, other than that same team. It'd be great to see Grealish, O'Hare and Hayes in the squad as well.

If Onomah is out I'd stick Grealish in. Different sort of player, but play him as a no. 10 I think he and Davis would a good combination. Last time Grealish played in a good side was when we polished off Liverpool in the cup and he ran the show.

Yes Grealish is the natural replacement of Onamah.

JW85 .Whelan had his best game for us last night. Be unfair to drop him.

He did indeed have his best game sirdennis, I just think that Jedinak offers a lot more than him.

Unfortunately I’m away for this game too, off to Milan for the weekend then Inter on Sunday. Shame as Wednesday fans are quality only second to our C&B travelling army in the league so always a good atmosphere.

Tough game but I expect some goals both end, I’ll go 2-1 to the good guys.

RE: San Siri i did a tour there and felt really let down by it, just felt like a large concrete stadium ready to fall apart.

I did post the other day about how I feel Hutton holds us back going forward then yesterday he plays like Roberto Carlos :23: would be very harsh and not the right message to drop him.

Agree with the Grealish comments, he deserves a chance with some quality around him. Perhaps with some leaders and experience on the pitch in JT, Whelan and even Snoddy it’ll nurture JG a bit better into being the effective player we want him to be.

Bruce will stick with the same if he can I expect.
Back 5 are a given ,I think Hutton has been a better left back than Taylor so why would he get dropped.
We need Jedi back in and I’d drop Hourihane but I’m guessing he,s still dining out on that hattrick . He’s done bugger all since and unless he’s pushed forward he’s not likely to show much.
For a role playing off Davis , grealish or ohare would be my pick but Bruce won’t be that brave .