Sex Scandal Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

Sex Scandal Thread

I've tried watching his videos before, I'm sure there's some things near the truth, but as soon as he starts talking I have to turn it off because he's an annoying ****.

I haven't seen the Dispatches program but when I heard it was coming out I thought it was a bit odd.

Best thing Brand did was the Geico Gecko, otherwise think he's a schmuck. He's done schmucky things, and karma will get him. If he's guilty of a crime then that is for a judge to decide, not me. Interested to see how this plays out though.

Don't like that the accusations aren't coming from the CPS, instead from the media. This is for the cops to do, otherwise it's just making news for the Times to make money off by printing.

"The Sunday Times said it gave Brand eight days within which to reply to detailed allegations"

As far as I know, he hasn't been charged with anything. The objective seems to be to get him cancelled but since he operates his own social media stuff and his audience are conspiracy theory minded people, I can't see that it will do any damage.

I am very uncomfortable with what goes on nowadays with accusations and speculation conducted in the media and then the right on band wagon jumpers get involved to make themselves look good.

And here we are are… James Cleverly pretty much saying that everything being said about Brand is true..

Russell Brand allegations mean entertainment industry has questions to answer - Cleverly https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66836556

Too many seem to have forgotten that we live in a society where everyone has a right to a fair trial or hearing where all the facts and evidence are presented. What we seem to have now is a free for all for media and people to make criminal and serious allegations and the person at the centre is done and dusted career wise and as a person. The court of public opinion rules via social media in this country.

I have 2 people known to me going through allegations of a serious nature one of which is wholly untrue . What we have now is a climate where there is a free for all that goes unchallenged because everyone is scared to label it as it is for being seen as something themselves.

Believe me , I am seeing it going on live with false allegations and it’s a dangerous place to be at the moment . I have said before how I complained in a clothes shop the other month because the only changing rooms available were female and I found myself queuing to go into a small area with women and teenage girls. No way was i going to put myself in that situation.

Last edited:
I am very uncomfortable with what goes on nowadays with accusations and speculation conducted in the media and then the right on band wagon jumpers get involved to make themselves look good.

And hear we are are… James Cleverly pretty much saying that everything being said about Brand is true..

Russell Brand allegations mean entertainment industry has questions to answer - Cleverly https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66836556

Too many seem to have forgotten that we live in a society where everyone has a right to a fair trial or hearing where all the facts and evidence are presented. What we seem to have now is a free for all for media and people to make criminal and serious allegations and the person at the centre is done and dusted career wise and as a person. The court of public opinion rules via social media in this country.

I have 2 people known to me going through allegations of a serious nature one of which is wholly untrue . What we have now is a climate where there is a free for all that goes unchallenged because everyone is scared to label it as it is for being seen as something themselves.

Believe me , I am seeing it going on live with false allegations and it’s a dangerous place to be at the moment . I have said before how I complained in a clothes shop the other month because the only changing rooms available were female and I found myself queuing to go into a small area with women and teenage girls. No way was i going to put myself in that situation.

A video by The Times came up on my YouTube feed so I clicked on it. There was a panel of three "journalists" discussing Brand's situation. They concluded that he was guilty because all women must be believed because it's so hard to come forward with rape allegations.

One of the "journalists" said that all women have experienced this kind of harassment. Nobody challenged that.

It's just bizarre.

A video by The Times came up on my YouTube feed so I clicked on it. There was a panel of three "journalists" discussing Brand's situation. They concluded that he was guilty because all women must be believed because it's so hard to come forward with rape allegations.

One of the "journalists" said that all women have experienced this kind of harassment. Nobody challenged that.

It's just bizarre.

Exactly my point. It’s so wrong.
I would hate to be my lads age now. At uni going out etc. I have had to tell him in very difficult conversations to be very very careful about certain situations.

It think its very important to note that Brand and co. are trying to position this as he said she said. There is an enormous amount of evidence and it seems highly likely this is all true. The man dated Geldoffs daughter when she was 16 and he was in his late 20s or early 30s. That is enough for me.

There is medical evidence, texts, interviews as well as the coordinated effort of the investigation tying together the history of things that happened during his employment and work elsewhere.

It think its very important to note that Brand and co. are trying to position this as he said she said. There is an enormous amount of evidence and it seems highly likely this is all true. The man dated Geldoffs daughter when she was 16 and he was in his late 20s or early 30s. That is enough for me.

There is medical evidence, texts, interviews as well as the coordinated effort of the investigation tying together the history of things that happened during his employment and work elsewhere.

Why didn't the women go to the police then?

We know most women don't. It'll be an interesting few weeks to see if it gathers more steam. Its an investigation over a long period of time, I don't think you put this much effort into it just to cancel him.

I think they will fail in their effort to cancel him unless they can get him banned off YouTube and whatever other social media he uses.

Those women didn't go to the police but they went to Brand's management company. What does that tell you?

Only one did BB. Shit is getting lumped together now with the media looking for a fresh angle. Sorry mate, you're also falling into the Weinstein world of power, future career opportunities and so on. It's understandable why they didn't go the Police, but two reported him up the company and were still ignored.

Endemol's (I think) response was brilliant - it was basically 'we had no complaints' and when challenged 'we can't tell you about the complaints that don't exist because it would breach the talents right to privacy if we told you.'

Me, you, many others on here and in different ways, it's a life mission to fuck them up if we were told. Not these girls barely on the first rung of the ladder, right or wrong, they had more to lose mate and had no support.

The only real accusation with proof came from the US. Not the one who years later went to the management company, I assume having had one drink too many one night and wanted to call a spade a spade. (I don't blame her), didn't ask for money - I addressed the lawyers response...it wasn't a lawyer - and that company has now dropped him stating 'he lied'.

As I originally said, there is something in this but they have nothing but circumstantial. They are hoping the silver bullet comes out because it's now public, because I have issues (as Dispatches played it) with all of the stories (I have not read the paper story - paywalled) but my issues don't mean I disbelieve.

My issues are media friendly for story with coaching even if it happened.

CDX is right is what he says, and for what it's worth Brand hardly blinks in his statement until he gets to the denial. Where I disagree with CDX is if this was years in the making and that was the best they could come up with:

A: who do they care about that won't go on record and they want to help?
B: is that the best they could do, as it's 12 months tops investigation really.

He is a very distasteful individual...but apart from hindsight crimes, and in the moment 'too far' jokes that sounded coached to me, we are back to the US - and that rape report was referenced....it never said what it determined.

I'm going out with a lass 7 years younger than I am, her sister has a bigger age gap with her hubby. Others are free too, but I don't read into that if treated right, and bear in mind in this case the 16 year old says 'looking back it was grooming' (but her dad at 16 let her randomly leave the house at gone 11pm) yet to my memory she didn't specifically accuse him of anything?

And I've said all that believing there is something in this, it's just not proven and the programme was emotional shit that proved nothing.

I'm just fucked off with trial by media and twatbook. And my own opinions aside here (I even see the Bill Cosby reference) right now it's all it is.

Every single person who reports a crime like this should be listened to and it should be heavily investigated. There is a big difference between heavily investigated and then automatically believed. Evidence dictates truth, nothing else.

Last edited:
Every single person who reports a crime like this should be listened to and it should be heavily investigated. There is a big difference between heavily investigated and then automatically believed. Evidence dictates truth, nothing else.
This.

There needs to be more honesty. There has to be hard truths about sexual offences i‘m afraid. But of course the right on are scared to tell it how it is. They are one of, if not the most difficult offences to prove. Because by the very nature of them and where they take place it will be very often one word against the other with no other evidence. And I’m sorry but we simply cannot have a criminal justice system that works on believing one person over another. If There HAS to be evidence. And that brings it onto the perception that the criminal justice system fails women because the convictions rate for rape and serious sexual offences is so low. Fail them ?. Anyone should have their allegation received but if there isn’t any evidence then I’m sorry but it isn’t going anywhere.

There are responsibilities on all sides here. Men have to act with respect and behave. But as in any walk of life there are some that just can’t. Women need to ensure they are not putting themselves into dangerous situations and take care of themselves. I’d love to live in a perfect world where everyone is safe, everyone is nice but it isn’t. Personal responsibility from both sides is a big thing here .

Last edited:
In general, the trial by media aspect is pretty disturbing. What we seem to have is a load of allegations with Brand having no opportunity to defend himself. This is done to generate maximum viewership/ readership for Channel 4 and The Times.

I wouldn't piss on this guy if he were on fire and it really wouldn't surprise me if he's an industrial scale sex offender but I do think these things should, well, be proven first.

Met police saying they haven’t had any complaints. I just do not get how a victim ( in any offence) wants to do tv programmes and interviews first before going to the police. And it may ultimately undermine their case should it go to court. It’s very messy already.

Mike will know more than me. But surely if there is a Channel 4 documentary out for the general public to view before they go to the police and way before a trial.... then how on earth could that be deemed a fair and honest trial?
Shooting themselves in the foot. Which really does point again towards the objective of the cheque and not the justice.